Texas Hunting Forum

She said this is easy

Posted By: Southtexas36

She said this is easy - 12/18/17 05:41 PM

So after a couple of office Christmas parties in Houston I decided to take my wife on a short rendezvous to South Texas. This would be her first time to S. TX, first deer hunt, potentially first deer, etc, etc, etc. Well 45 minutes into our first morning, first hunt, this happens. Fast forward to that afternoon in the stand and I ask, well what do you think of this and she replies, This is pretty easy, I thought it would be harder. With a deer off of the checklist, we were also able to enjoy some of the other things this place has to offer.

I've been down south for some years now and I absolutely love the experience for first timers, especially kids. I don't know if I'll be able to live up to these expectations from here on out, but all I know is she's ready for the next trip.

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 05:42 PM

Looks like one heck of a trip. Only hunted South Texas once but I loved it.
Posted By: janie

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 05:43 PM

Great job y'all. up The cow photo bombing your wife in that pic is hilarious.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 05:46 PM

Very nice trip and great pictures. Congrats on that buck.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 05:49 PM

Great job! up
Posted By: majekman

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 06:57 PM

Congrats
Great 8 for miss lady. Love the beams up
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Southtexas36
So after a couple of office Christmas parties in Houston I decided to take my wife on a short rendezvous to South Texas. This would be her first time to S. TX, first deer hunt, potentially first deer, etc, etc, etc. Well 45 minutes into our first morning, first hunt, this happens. Fast forward to that afternoon in the stand and I ask, well what do you think of this and she replies, This is pretty easy, I thought it would be harder. With a deer off of the checklist, we were also able to enjoy some of the other things this place has to offer.

I've been down south for some years now and I absolutely love the experience for first timers, especially kids. I don't know if I'll be able to live up to these expectations from here on out, but all I know is she's ready for the next trip.

Ahh, LaLa's in Mirando City, a real gem of a restaurant with 3-4 generations having worked the kitchen there. Love the small and large Mexican plates. Probably 50+ occasions there for me while hunting between Aguilares and San Ygnacio. Great hunting country with lots of deer and hogs. Whereabouts are you at?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 07:11 PM

Awesome 8pt!!! Congrats to both of you!

You ain’t never going to get to shoot one again roflmao professional guide for now on

Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 07:19 PM

up
Posted By: bass101

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 07:28 PM

Very Nice
Posted By: kwrhuntinglab

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 07:28 PM

Great stuff right there.....

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid

Ahh, LaLa's in Mirando City, a real gem of a restaurant with 3-4 generations having worked the kitchen there. Love the small and large Mexican plates. Probably 50+ occasions there for me while hunting between Aguilares and San Ygnacio. Great hunting country with lots of deer and hogs. Whereabouts are you at?

I'm about 15 miles west of Mirando City in Webb Co off of 359. You're right, great food, they just don't stay open that late anymore, if you're not there before 7 they're usually shut down. Since you've been there before you may enjoy this read:

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

You ain’t never going to get to shoot one again roflmao professional guide for now on

I'll take that gig anyday!! up
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 08:00 PM

Great job by your wife, I am glad she had a good time. Next year I bet it won't be that easy for her.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

I'll take that gig anyday!! up

Yes, yes it is!! up Y’all have a great Christmas
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: She said this is easy - 12/18/17 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: janie
Great job y'all. up The cow photo bombing your wife in that pic is hilarious.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Very nice trip and great pictures. Congrats on that buck.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 01:05 PM

Congrats to your wife, great buck! Enjoyed the pics and story of your trip. up
Posted By: Stub

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 01:45 PM

Congratulations that is a beautiful 8 point and client/wife, love the symmetrical basket shape that wraps around then curls up cheers
Nice write up, did you find the artifacts on this trip?
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 01:57 PM

That's a pretty, symmetrical rack....Congrats to her! And she's pretty, so congrats to you, lol. Looks like a fun trip to remember forever.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 01:58 PM

Congrats to your wife, excellent deer.
The ladies and kids seem to make hunting and fishing look easy. I swore I would never take them fishing again, they have the dangest luck. But I keep taking them hunting and fishing again, only to be punished again and again, and love every minute of it.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid

I'm about 15 miles west of Mirando City in Webb Co off of 359. You're right, great food, they just don't stay open that late anymore, if you're not there before 7 they're usually shut down. Since you've been there before you may enjoy this read:

Too many good family memories there Southeast. Dad introduced me to LaLa's about 35 years ago and I never stopped going. Many times having a nice buck/s in the back of the truck and sharing hunting stories with other hunters. Love their puffy tacos and homemade puffy cut chips and the homemade green salsa washed down with an ice cold Big Red out of their self serve cooler. Thanks for sharing and bringing back great memories!

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Congratulations that is a beautiful 8 point and client/wife, love the symmetrical basket shape that wraps around then curls up cheers
Nice write up, did you find the artifacts on this trip?

Yes sir, those were picked up on this trip.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 02:48 PM

Very nice indeed. The joys of sharing with family and then sharing with us. Thank you sir. Congrats to you both.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 02:51 PM

up
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 04:54 PM

Congrats to the wife cheers
May you both share many more hunts together up
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 05:03 PM

Pretty lady with a pretty deer. Youre a blessed man. Love the points too. You find all of them on this trip? Some of those are Paleo. Very old.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 06:00 PM

Congrats
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 06:06 PM

cheers

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Pretty lady with a pretty deer. Youre a blessed man. Love the points too. You find all of them on this trip? Some of those are Paleo. Very old.

Yes sir, they were all found this trip. I didn't realize how old some of the points in my collection were until I had a friend of mine who works for an archeological firm look at all my points. Lots of very old history there.
Posted By: Master Plumb

Re: She said this is easy - 12/19/17 11:11 PM

awesome Pictures up
Posted By: rabbit_jack

Re: She said this is easy - 01/01/18 04:09 PM

Congrats to your wife. I hope it's the first of many!
Posted By: NDN98

Re: She said this is easy - 01/01/18 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: rabbit_jack
Congrats to your wife. I hope it's the first of many!

+1
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: She said this is easy - 01/01/18 05:16 PM

Good luck Pard on living up to that "perfect" big 8! Congratulations to your wife, New Hunting Partner. texas
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: She said this is easy - 01/02/18 01:37 AM

That's a beautufl deer.
Posted By: Espy

Re: She said this is easy - 01/02/18 01:44 AM

Good times up
Posted By: sbushee

Re: She said this is easy - 01/02/18 02:08 AM

Good times
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum