Texas Hunting Forum

Successful hunt with "hunt

Posted By: caseyusmc

Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/03/17 04:52 PM

This past week I was given the opportunity to partner up with a great organization that helps get kids in the outdoors. I jumped at the opportunity. Justin has been chasing a big tom for about 3 years. As he hunt winded down we still had no turkey. I wanted to him to at least leave with a harvest so we switched gears. On the last night I was able to get some scimitar horned oryx to come out. Unfortunately they did not want to offer a great shot and just is a very ethical hunter and will not pull the trigger unless he is 100 percent confident so he passed on shooting through grass. I think that showed great discipline. The next morning due to the cold we could not make the final hunt. But I asked him if he would be up for taking one more chance and do a final set for just a few hours in the middle of the day. He agreed and we set out. I already decided that if anything came out we would take a shot. Well a doe showed up and he made a great shot she fell within yards of being hit. We left the blind and began to take some pictures as I catch movement behind us coming out of the brush saw three toms. Quickly got him loaded and tossed my mouth call in. Began working the toms and got them to move in and eventually sit down in the brush. We had to reposition his chair a bit and I was worried they would bust us but with this being the final few minutes of the hunt we had no other option. I just kept lightly calling the toms and finally got one to stand up. Justin was able to make great shot and finally closed out a three year hunt with a great old tom. He had a triple beard. I could not tell who was happier between myself, Justin, his dad or his grandfather. This few days I spent with him and his family was very rewarding. I look forward to continuing to partner with hunt for a cure and continue to make some dreams come true.

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/03/17 04:54 PM

up
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/03/17 05:30 PM

Congratulations, doing the right thing for the right reason!
Posted By: caseyusmc

Re: Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/03/17 05:40 PM

Thank you.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/03/17 05:51 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/03/17 05:54 PM

Fantastic for Justin and you taking the time. Great job well done.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/03/17 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
up
Posted By: mudd

Re: Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/04/17 12:52 AM

Awesome job
Posted By: bass101

Re: Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/04/17 12:54 AM

Great Job!
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/04/17 02:18 AM

Great job all around.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Successful hunt with "hunt - 12/04/17 10:39 PM

Thanks for giving back to those that have it much worse than most of us will ever imagine. Congrats to Justin, great looking Tom! cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum