Texas Hunting Forum

Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull

Posted By: lmd59

Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull - 12/01/17 02:52 PM

All,
I'm looking for an interesting way to display my son's buck from last year. Any pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks,
LMD
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull - 12/01/17 03:07 PM

My two favorite ways so far are driftwood and horseshoes

Posted By: 007hunter

Re: Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull - 12/01/17 03:10 PM

Sorry, no pics, but my son has his displayed on an old piece of barn wood we found on a 100 year old homestead. Definitely need good hangers into studs on the wall, but looks great.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull - 12/01/17 03:37 PM

S T really like the wood pc
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull - 12/01/17 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
S T really like the wood pc

up
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull - 12/01/17 05:42 PM

I don't have a pic but at the camp house we cut a cedar stump at an angle for the euro mount to set on.
Posted By: lmd59

Re: Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull - 12/02/17 09:49 PM

Anything else?
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull - 12/02/17 10:15 PM

Some on here will consider it "ghey", but Pinterest has lots of ideas on all kinds of taxidermy mounts, hunting, guns etc.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull - 12/02/17 10:52 PM

Traditional plaque mounts...boring. Was looking for something different also. Decided on on a mesquite thick branch. Wanted a rough bark on with the right thickness and character. Scouted the ranch for a while still couldn't find what I wanted. Back to the bunkhouse, laying in the wood pile already cut BINGO. Did a bit of shaping with a hatchet on the ends and shaped the backside to mount perfectly on the wall. Nice thing about using the mesquite, if you don't like the way it's turning out just go get another and start over.

Man I'm watching the game and no I don't have a pic. If you want one I can post it later. Good luck.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Pictures of interesting ways to display European mounted deer skull - 12/03/17 11:35 AM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum