Texas Hunting Forum

New blind & ranch pics

Posted By: titan2232

New blind & ranch pics - 10/09/17 09:15 PM

New blind

Deer acted like they've never seen a pop-up before. Got close, but just blew and blew

Will clear a little more towards the protein feeder. Most deer come from the canyon and from the right of the corn feeder
Posted By: Stub

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/09/17 09:34 PM

Good looking blind, neat pics and quite a view up
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/09/17 09:46 PM

Nice blind. up

Putting out a pop up in this country is tough. They know it's not part of what they see every day. You really have to brush them in good, but even then I believe they have to grow up around it for a period of years to be comfortable with it being there.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/09/17 09:48 PM

clap
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/09/17 10:08 PM

They will get use to it, but you have to give it a little time or like Pitchfork stated, brush it in real good.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 12:27 AM

Nice setup and nice view!
Posted By: bigbroke12

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 01:51 AM

great blind! that's the lil buck by ranch king! bought the same a few years back and put it on a buddy's property.

fwiw..stake it down...less than a year later blind was tossed around in a storm and was a complete loss.

these will be my upgrade from wood blinds in near future
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 04:49 AM

That is a great view.

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbroke12
great blind! that's the lil buck by ranch king! bought the same a few years back and put it on a buddy's property.

fwiw..stake it down...less than a year later blind was tossed around in a storm and was a complete loss.

I've got 3/4" rod through each foot and I have a 55 gallon barrel directly underneath filled with rocks that's turn-buckled to the bottom corners of the stand.
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 12:20 PM

nice view!
Posted By: BenBob

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 12:48 PM

What county are you in?
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 01:25 PM

Looks like Terrell or Val verde
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 01:30 PM

up

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 01:47 PM

Terrell County

Property is very near the Dozier and Big Canyon split for those that know the area.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 06:58 PM

Great view. We bought the Lil' Bucks last summer and love them, air & bug tight. Wish I'd changed to them years ago!
Posted By: Pinky3169

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/10/17 08:17 PM

Nice set up..
Posted By: bigbroke12

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/11/17 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: titan2232
Originally Posted By: bigbroke12

I've got 3/4" rod through each foot and I have a 55 gallon barrel directly underneath filled with rocks that's turn-buckled to the bottom corners of the stand.

that will certainly do the job!
Posted By: TxAg

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/12/17 03:36 PM

Real neat looking country!

For you guys that have the Little Buck blinds, how do you find them? Ranch King makes great stuff, but that 4'x5' size just feels a little snug to me for two adults. Roomy enough?

Re: New blind & ranch pics - 10/12/17 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: TxAg
Real neat looking country!

For you guys that have the Little Buck blinds, how do you find them? Ranch King makes great stuff, but that 4'x5' size just feels a little snug to me for two adults. Roomy enough?

It is plenty big for me and my son. The walls slant outwards towards the top of the blind giving you more room for lifting and positioning a rifle.

Purchased my blind from Elusive Wildlife in Conroe, but there's many others that sell them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum