Texas Hunting Forum

Melanistic buck

Posted By: Michael W.

Melanistic buck - 08/20/17 08:39 PM

He showed up again today with a few friends. He stayed in the shadows the whole time so he looks a bit darker than he actually is.

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Melanistic buck - 08/20/17 09:38 PM

I would imagine he doesn't spend a lot of time out in direct sunlight in this kind of heat....I'm not black and still try to say in the shade.... up
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Melanistic buck - 08/20/17 11:19 PM

Cool buck
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Melanistic buck - 08/20/17 11:31 PM

Nice looking group of bucks right there, especially the rare one.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Melanistic buck - 08/21/17 11:46 AM

coolpics
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Melanistic buck - 08/21/17 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
coolpics
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Melanistic buck - 08/21/17 06:59 PM

Thanks for sharing! Very cool!
Posted By: TEXASCAT95

Re: Melanistic buck - 08/21/17 10:38 PM

Are you around San Marcos? Highest concentration of Melanistic deer in the country. Still bucks are rare and would make a great mount. If you have a big enough place try to give him another year or two. If not still a cool trophy. Can't tell from the 2nd pic but if the deer on the right is a 6 or 7, what a great cull.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Melanistic buck - 08/22/17 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: TEXASCAT95
Are you around San Marcos? Highest concentration of Melanistic deer in the country. Still bucks are rare and would make a great mount. If you have a big enough place try to give him another year or two. If not still a cool trophy. Can't tell from the 2nd pic but if the deer on the right is a 6 or 7, what a great cull.

I'm between New Braunfels and San Antonio. Everyone here has 2 to 4 acres, so no hunting. A couple of larger tracks nearby and I think
thats where they stay most of the time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum