Texas Hunting Forum

My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance.

Posted By: caseyusmc

My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/16/16 01:48 PM

So I did guided hunt with Mike McKinney last year in teralingua. I had a blast on the mountain and God graced me with the luck of harvesting this great ram. He had previous bullet holes from past hunt and no longer used his right leg. But by no means did he give up. I found him at the very top of the mountain with a herd of his ladies all around him. I shot him in the morning got him off the mountain and drove straight back 10 hours straight to my taxidermist. So I never really got to enjoy what a true trophy he is. I finally picked him up a few days ago and could not be happier. Thanks to Mike for setting this up, my guide Chris Leland for putting the time and effort in to guide me and my taxidermist nathial at nontypical taxidermy for making this trophy last for ever.

Posted By: Stub

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/16/16 02:04 PM

Great looking ram and mount up
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/16/16 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/16/16 02:24 PM

Thanks I was gonna just do a typical shoulder mount but if you look closely you can see the bullet scars in his shoulder and neck. Had one more in his lower leg. Under his chaps. I found fragments in all three spots. So I decided he needed his warrior scars showed off. That hoof that is bent up is really long and misshaped where he had not stepped on it in atleast a year or two.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/16/16 03:09 PM

Super ram and a beautiful mount!
Posted By: Rob M

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/16/16 03:11 PM

I love that mount, and the character it has from the previous injuries. Pretty tough sheep!
Posted By: TxAg

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/16/16 04:03 PM

Wonderful mount, and a character-filled old warrior. True trophy sir, congrats!

I have a Scimitar bull on my wall who's cape (and the resulting mount) is full of big scars and patches missing hair. Taxi asked if I wanted to look for a different cape and I said no freakin' way! Love the old brawlers.

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/16/16 04:23 PM

They really are tough. The neck shot must have just been on a steep angle for miss his spine but the shoulder shot looked like decent enough placement to put him down. Only thought was a smaller caliber lacking the penetration power. but def a pretty good representation of why you rifle should match your animal your chasing. Of course shot placement is key with any weapon.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/16/16 04:30 PM

He looks great Casey!
Posted By: sbushee

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/16/16 05:07 PM

great looking audad

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/17/16 01:44 AM

Thanks Mike. I tell everyone how good of time I had hunting them and send them to your website so they can enjoy the same kind of great hunt as I did. I've hunted a lot of differnt species and this is near the top of my favorites.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/17/16 01:53 AM

Serious stud..... cheers
Posted By: rborn

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/17/16 02:40 AM

Nice Auodad, congrats!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/17/16 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: rborn
Nice Auodad, congrats!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/17/16 07:04 AM

Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/17/16 11:57 AM

One of the nicest aoudad mounts I've seen. cheers
Posted By: NDN98

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/17/16 12:14 PM

heck of a trophy and beautiful mount!
Posted By: TCB

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/17/16 01:25 PM

Beautiful mount!! This is top 5 on my Texas bucket list to get done.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/17/16 02:05 PM

outstanding
Posted By: JKC

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/17/16 02:06 PM

Heck of a trophy, congratulations!
Posted By: .220swiftsniper

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/24/16 04:11 PM

thats what i am talking about ! cheers
Posted By: Dodge_Rock

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/25/16 12:39 PM

Great ram & mount!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/25/16 01:10 PM

Man I like that, Congrats Sir!
Posted By: dkershen

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/26/16 03:14 AM

Cool mount on a great ram.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/26/16 02:51 PM

Yep, congrats again on a great trophy and now even greater trophy!!
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/26/16 02:54 PM

Ramtastic!
Posted By: East

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 11/26/16 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
Ramtastic!
Posted By: itaniepitas

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 10/11/18 03:07 AM

FYI Mike McKinney and Chris Leland aren't swapping spit anymore.

Why?

Because Chris Leland is a liar, and I would not believe everything/anything posted on his website.

Take his About page for example:

http://www.huntaoudad.com/about/

It lists Chris Miller as part of his "team", but Chris Miller committed suicide in June of 2017:

http://www.alpineavalanche.com/obituaries/article_b26ad9e2-5c36-11e7-84f6-0b507d3bbe8e.html
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 10/11/18 05:46 AM

popcorn
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 10/11/18 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: itaniepitas
FYI Mike McKinney and Chris Leland aren't swapping spit anymore.

Why?

Because Chris Leland is a liar, and I would not believe everything/anything posted on his website.

Take his About page for example:

http://www.huntaoudad.com/about/

It lists Chris Miller as part of his "team", but Chris Miller committed suicide in June of 2017:

http://www.alpineavalanche.com/obituaries/article_b26ad9e2-5c36-11e7-84f6-0b507d3bbe8e.html

If you want to get on your soapbox about an outfitter post your story in the outfitter section, NOT on a guy's thread that has nothing to do with your experience. hammer
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 10/11/18 01:14 PM

very nice!!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: My trophy auodad finally came home. Harvested with mulie mikes assistance. - 10/11/18 01:34 PM

Mulie Mike runs a great operation
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum