Those probably costs $10,000 to shoot
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: sbushee
Those probably costs $10,000 to shoot

Possibly more for that top one..
Posted By: BrazosHunter

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 07:58 PM

Pay to play.. Big BUCKS for BIG BUCKS! Nature doesn't grow them that big all on her own.. I'd be very hard pressed to pass up the opportunity at anything that size..
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 08:00 PM

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6012764/Re:_Hunts_Available#Post6012764

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 08:01 PM

I cant get it to hyperlink
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 08:04 PM

If you don't like them don't comment....

I think they're great bucks and don't care what they cost.
Posted By: Ronnie Oneal

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 08:07 PM

Nice ones for sure!!!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 08:14 PM

up
Posted By: thecoach

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 08:40 PM

The dude up top has already taken lots of bone before this deer, both mule and whitetail.
Posted By: safdm44

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 08:49 PM

Definitely two giants. I am curious to the cost, although I have other priorities to that kind of spending.. Obviously they take care of their herd. Great Job!
Posted By: bp3

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 09:38 PM

Just don't understand it. confused2
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 09:41 PM

up Great Trophies!!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: thecoach
The dude up top has already taken lots of bone before this

eeks333
Posted By: 7x57

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy

eeks333

roflmao
Posted By: TxTall1

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 11:12 PM

Great looking deer
Posted By: batman

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/05/15 11:55 PM

What's the story on the hunt? Have they been pursuing them for years, or did they just show up? Please give details.....
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: batman
What's the story on the hunt? Have they been pursuing them for years, or did they just show up? Please give details.....

popcorn
Posted By: Hogslayer5L

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:34 AM

How are the top ones ears sticking up? Never seen a dead buck with alert ears
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:41 AM

cheers
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Hogslayer5L
How are the top ones ears sticking up? Never seen a dead buck with alert ears

roflmao this should be good roflmao
Posted By: SingleShot85

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:57 AM

great bucks. Bottom one is really a fine looking deer
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: TheWhiteMexican
Originally Posted By: redchevy

eeks333

roflmao

That is funny. But seriously isn't he the owner of Outback Feeders?
Posted By: Conchocowboy

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 03:46 AM

People these days dont even know what "Hunting" is.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Conchocowboy

Millions of people hunt, very few are hunters.

Not directed at the gentlemen in the photos. They're great bucks and they may be great hunters, I don't know them or thier story.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 10:57 AM

Not sure why DiamonS won't give the details of the hunt. I checked their website but prices are not listed. They're growing some monsters for sure.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 11:41 AM

That's why I'm headed to my blind in the morning that's 80yrds from my feeder...but it's low fence so that makes it hunting right? hammer
Posted By: upsslim

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 12:01 PM

I may be wrong but the top picture sure looks fake. The crossbow doesn't look like it belongs there. It's not making a dent in the hair where it is resting on the deer. And the background doesn't look right.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 12:10 PM

Big is an understatement, congratulations cheers
Posted By: lthomas132

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 12:15 PM

The 1st one is highly photoshopped, not sure about the 2nd
Posted By: DiamondSWhitetails

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 01:28 PM

Boys...boys,
I have truly contemplated responding to some of the comments being posted. Some are greatly appreciated and others are fairly offensive. First off, trophies are in the eyes of the beholder and to be cruel of the successor is not fairly warranted. To begrudge the ranch and what it stands for is less desired by those that understand the time, money and work it takes to give these deer the best nutrition, habitat and opportunity to grow to their maximum potential.
None of these photos are photo shopped and nor will they ever be. We take pride in showcasing what these animals grow, and to take that away from them is disrespectful.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 01:30 PM

Very nice bucks and congrats to the hunters up
Posted By: KG68

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 01:42 PM

Very nice. Congrats to the hunters but especially to the Ranch for their ability to produce such outstanding trophy deer. cheers
Posted By: wtr

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 01:48 PM

Awesome deer!!! That crossbow does look a little fishy though.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 01:57 PM

Awesome bucks, congrats to the hunters. up

This is a photos thread, not open hunting or deer hunting thread. For those of you that want to question or comment about your theories on what is hunting and what is not this is not the place for that. hammer

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:33 PM

What does a hunt like that go for? In case I'm ever in the market.

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:35 PM

I think the first pic was taken with a really good camera, giving the pic great depth and definition. It's a wonderful pic for sure. How did they get the ears to stay up though?

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:36 PM

As for the story behind the top buck. We have been watching closely at this buck for 3 yrs now. He was truly a stud at 3 yrs of age and consistently gotten bigger each year. Last year when he was 5 his sheds scored 247". We decided that this year would be the right time to harvest him. My hunter arrived at the ranch Sunday around lunch time. He unpacked his things and settled into the lodge. I pulled the camera cards Sunday morning and while reviewing them I had noticed that this buck had changed feeding locations. The rut is near, most of your mature bucks isolate themselves from the group and begin establishing their territories. So, we had to change our game plan all together. I have bow set-ups at each feeding location. The only problem is that the wind was marginal for this set-up and I had little confidence that afternoon.
After having multiple does and smaller bucks "bust" us all afternoon, I knew that this old boy was not gonna show.
Monday morning brought the same conditions and success was not granted.
Decisions were made to drive to Bass Pro Shops at lunch time and purchase Ozonics. We arrived back at camp and I immediately charged the ozonics batteries. With great anticipation of the afternoons hunt, my hunter had felt the need to shoot his bow a few times hoping to control some of his energy.
We arrived at the set-up around 3:45 that afternoon and settled in. After watching multiple deer come and go with no sign of the "big boy", we began to grow concerned. With about 30 min of legal shooting light I finally focused my eyes on the largest buck I have ever guided. The only problem is that he was about 150 yards across the near-by oat field. I lighted tapped my hunter on his shoulder and pointed in the direction of the buck. At this point, we both figured he'd never get close enough for a shot. To our surprise he began feeding and at a fairly steady rate towards us, ever so often to raise his head giving my hunter a steady case of "buck fever".
The time is near as he fed his way into our laps at 30 yards. I give my hunter the go ahead warning him to make sure other deer were clear. He settled in for the shot and smashed him with 125 grains of Rage!
Wow! We both looked at each other with excitement and fist pumps! We discussed the shot knowing it was in the pump house, but decided to give the deer plenty of time.
After an hour, flash lights in hand we began scouting the area for blood. After about 5 min of searching for blood we finally got the track. The buck had made it across the oat field about 100 yards before he entered the heavy woods, it was there that the blood really started pumping. We both knew he couldn't be much further. Just like rounding the corner as a child on Christmas morning our gift was laying only 50 yards inside the cedars.
Excitement set in and fist pumps turned into "holy sh*** look at this thing". We both were amazed at what the animal had accomplished. What I mean by that is, I had given that animal every opportunity to reach his max.... Quietly in my heart, I thanked him for giving me and my hunter the opportunity of such joy.
After a celebration drink and field photos we loaded him up and proceed to camp. Greeted by the landowner and family we played the story over and over. Smiles were high and God was good the rest of the night!
If you check out my ad you will understand our story here at Diamond S Ranch Whitetails.
Thanks for your time and understand we are all hunters....some do it differently than others...but we are all still hunters.

We here at Diamond S Ranch Whitetails have been managing our herd for 7 years now. To date we have taken only a select few bucks. Through years of management, we are finally at a point where we will have more trophy bucks as well management bucks to offer.
Our genetics are top-notch and only getting better each year. The cool thing is that every buck in our hunting pasture will qualify for the Texas Big Game Awards. That being said, we have no tagged bucks in our pasture. We currently have the award of the 4th largest net-typical buck harvested and entered in the TBGA of all-time.

This buck should make it in the top 5 "all time" non-typical category as well. Only time will tell after he is officially scored.

Thanks again

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:39 PM

We pose the deer in a cooler over night. We tie his head upright and wire his ears up.
We also go to the extreme of inserting taxidermy eyes as well.
We do all of this b/c a picture lasts for years.

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: DiamondSWhitetails
We pose the deer in a cooler over night. We tie his head upright and wire his ears up.

up

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:52 PM

For all of you asking about the cost I posted a link on the previous page to one of their posts in the outfitters section. I couldnt get it to hyperlink so just copy and paste it then scroll to the top of the post.

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 02:54 PM

Here I will just do it this way. This is the initial post

We here at Diamond S Ranch Whitetails have been managing our herd for 7 years now. To date we have taken only a select few bucks. Through years of management, we are finally at a point where we will have more trophy bucks as well management bucks to offer.
Our genetics are top-notch and only getting better each year. The cool thing is that every buck in our hunting pasture will qualify for the Texas Big Game Awards. That being said, we have no tagged bucks in our pasture. We currently have the award of the 4th largest net-typical buck harvested and entered in the TBGA of all-time. Our bucks have begun growing their antlers and let me tell you we have some impressive bucks available this year!
2015 Pricing
130” – 139” - $2,000
140” – 149” - $3,000
150” – 159” - $4,000
160” – 169” - $5,000
170” – 179” - $6,000
180” – 189” - $7,000
190” – 199” - $8,000
200” – 209” - $9,000
210” – 219” - $10,000
220” – 229” - $12,000
230” – 239” - $13,000
240” – 249” - $14,000
A doe may be included depending on survey.
Youth hunts (15 yrs and younger), receive a 10% discount.
A 20% deposit must be submitted to secure a date, 1/2 of the deposit will be refunded if a cancellation is necessary. The 20% deposit will be applied at the final harvest.
Each hunt includes 2 nights lodging with meals included (5 hunts). Gratuity not included.
Please PM me or call me at 512-944-9180
Thanks as always,
Lance

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 03:19 PM

double forks... flehan

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 04:25 PM

You forgot to fix the part between the pistol grip and the rest of the stock on the crossbow.
Posted By: TX TCAT

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 04:40 PM

Poor guy in the second picture... His deer's ears must not have been wired overnight.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 05:07 PM

Huge deer for sure! Congrats!

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Txhunter65

Millions of people hunt, very few are hunters.

Not directed at the gentlemen in the photos. They're great bucks and they may be great hunters, I don't know them or thier story.

Almost everyone is a hunter to a certain degree, there are different skill and difficulty levels.

Definitions for hunters:
1.a person who hunts wild animals. 2. One who hunts game.

Unless you make your own bow and arrow or spear out of raw materials found outside and stalk or ambush your game in a no fence environment, you have no right to judge who and what a real hunter is loser8

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 05:52 PM

I used to stalk my prey in a no fence environment. Had a pretty good success rate.

Then I got married.

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 06:08 PM

I used to stalk my prey in a no fence environment. Had a pretty good success rate.

Then I got married.
roflmao

Did you stalk them in a bar where they were baited with liquor? If so you are a true modern day hunter up

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 06:17 PM

$14,000. That poor hunter has lost site of what it is to actually hunt and enjoy the outdoors. Hell of a deer, I'll give him that. The picture is fantastic. Kudos to the effort to make it look so well.

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub

Then I got married.
roflmao

Did you stalk them in a bar where they were baited with liquor? If so you are a true modern day hunter up

Nah 100% free range. I usually tried to spot and stalk when they were singled out as to not spook the whole group if I got busted.
Posted By: to2000

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 08:56 PM

That is a photo shopped picture if I've ever seen one...why be so Shady??? And how come ol floppy ear didn't get the vip treatment of getting his ears wired up?

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 09:31 PM

$14,000. That poor hunter has lost site of what it is to actually hunt and enjoy the outdoors. Hell of a deer, I'll give him that. The picture is fantastic. Kudos to the effort to make it look so well.

I think the "poor" hunter would be you, not him. He can afford it, you can't. And I guess that's why you feel the need to post the price of the deer and define his definition of what enjoyable hunting is for him so you can make yourself feel better. confused2

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

I think the "poor" hunter would be you, not him. He can afford it, you can't. And I guess that's why you feel the need to post the price of the deer and define his definition of what enjoyable hunting is for him so you can make yourself feel better. confused2

Why you mad though?
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 10:08 PM

Guys...this is the photo section and a thread where someone is sharing something they are proud of. You have every right to agree or disagree, but this isn't the place for it and diminishing someone's trophy won't be tolerated. If you want to discuss other aspects, start another thread.

As far as the photoshop comments, the OP has addressed those. Leave it alone

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 10:10 PM

All the hatred is really unnecessary, and it's actually pretty sad.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 10:18 PM

Nice deer - congrads to hunters & outfitter.
'nuttin wrong with doing what it takes to improve the genetics, and charging accordingly.
Great to live in a country that still allows this.
The deer will let us know when we take it too far: (click on it and be patient):

Posted By: elcasador

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 10:21 PM

Those are some beautiful trophy's my friend! Congrats to all up

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 10:24 PM

Why you mad though?

I'm not mad. I'm disgusted over the disrespect and diminishing comments in the photo section just because someone hunts differently than others. And for the record I don't hunt high fenced ranches. As kdkane mentioned above, this hatred is really unnecessary and sad. PETA and the anti-hunting groups are high fiveing each other when they read these posts and comments.

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/06/15 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: oldoak2000
'nuttin wrong with doing what it takes to improve the genetics, and charging accordingly.
The deer will let us know when we take it too far: (click on it and be patient):

roflmao
Posted By: safdm44

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/07/15 01:17 AM

Would have never thought of that.. cool. Top buck is insane!
Posted By: Trozacky

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/07/15 06:00 AM

Guys I've been on this sight for many years and Ive posted numerous pics of my "trophies" over the years no matter how small or large. A trophy is truly in the eyes of the Hunter. I can say the OP has been one of my best friends for many years. The pics are 100% real. It amuses me how people try to paint "fortunate" people in a negative light. I think people that do this they are mostly called democrats......I hunt hill country low fence so don't base my comments on a biase. My friend and his company take great pride in there product. So please don't question his integrity or the operation. I understand this type of hunt isn't for everyone. However, we are all hunters in our own right. Don't make STUPID defamatory comments just because you hunt low fence meat hunts your whole life. (so do I). Its a part of hunting these days but to bash something you TRULY KNOW nothing about is petty and small. This wasn't a debate about high fence or low fence. Just a proud employee/ guide sharing a few pics.............

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/07/15 04:14 PM

Damage control in full swing.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/07/15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: oldoak2000

roflmao

I can't stop laughing looking at that thinking of who that looks like roflmao rofl
Posted By: Barcelona Rick

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/07/15 06:23 PM

up
Posted By: Central texas

Re: Two big boys so far! - 11/07/15 06:48 PM

Nice deer !!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum