Texas Hunting Forum

Armadillo

Posted By: mikei

Armadillo - 10/19/15 12:33 PM

My yard keeps getting torn up and I wasn't sure if it was a 'dillo or a skunk, since there has been a pretty strong smell of polecat in and about the yard! Set out a game camera and found out who the culprit is:

Now I need to figure out how to dispose of him without causing an uproar in the neighborhood!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 12:36 PM

A shotgun is the best way to deal with them and the safest but too loud and the neighbors freak out over it.

I had to go to plan B and got a 1300 fps pellet gun to deal with them. up
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 12:49 PM

Gamo...... quite and deadly!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 12:49 PM

Nuisance for sure, need to feed it a lead diet rifle
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 01:23 PM

As much as I love the thought of these "little armored ones", they're on my hit list. They will wreak havoc on your yard. Little "Hoover hogs" have to go.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 01:29 PM

Build a long alley way from his entrance and bottle neck it down into a live trap. They aren't very smart and don't see well so usually they will just bump along the walls of the alley into the trap. No bait needed
Posted By: kry226

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 01:32 PM

rifle
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 01:52 PM

Get you a fishing net and then just run out there and catch him. You can walk right up to him at night if you are easy. Did it all the time when they got in my neighborhood. Even caught them in the nieghbors yard. You can figure out the best way to expose of at that point
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 01:55 PM

I see a spot light and a pellet gun in your future.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 02:13 PM

Live catch trap and couple of boards to funnel him in the trap. No bait needed. cheers
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 02:31 PM

We used to sneak up and grab them by the tail, throw them in a tow sack and give them a 10-15 mile one way ride.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 02:32 PM

watch which way he is walking, grad a bat, get in front of him and stand real still. When he's in range, Lights out!. Save a bullet.
Posted By: lsbrim

Re: Armadillo - 10/19/15 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
watch which way he is walking, grad a bat, get in front of him and stand real still. When he's in range, Lights out!. Save a bullet.

This sounds fun!!! Film it!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum