Texas Hunting Forum

Could have been a lot worse

Posted By: jts728

Could have been a lot worse - 10/16/15 09:44 PM

Start out by saying I have the best wife out there, I would 100000 times rather this happen to me than her. Had a tower stand tied up finishing it up, I'm way late with it I know. We were setting it up and the 2,500lb rated 2 1/2" wide strap broke. I have taught her over the years to get away from things like that situation. But she tried to catch it and 14 stitches and 10 staples later she is ok, thank god. Just be extra careful out there, it can happen at anytime.
Posted By: crosshare

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/16/15 09:57 PM

eeks333 ouch!

Glad she is ok though.
Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/16/15 10:17 PM

prayers for your wife
Posted By: Ringman

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/16/15 10:51 PM

That's gonna leave a mark. No doubt she's going to get whatever she wants for a long time. Thankful it wasn't more serious.
Posted By: bull279

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/16/15 10:57 PM

Glad she is OK
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/16/15 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Ringman
That's gonna leave a mark. No doubt she's going to get whatever she wants for a long time. Thankful it wasn't more serious.

Prayers for a full recovery.....Glad se is OK!

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/16/15 11:38 PM

Thank yall, she just got a new ruger vaquero in a 44 magnum. She's been wanting on for a while so thought this might be a good time. She won't shoot it for a while though.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/16/15 11:50 PM

And I bet she gets first dibs on what deer she wants too
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 12:27 AM

Glad she is OK. Your right, it could have been a lot worse.
Posted By: janie

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 01:05 AM

Dadgum. Glad she is still with you. That could've been so much worse.
Posted By: swmays

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 01:06 AM

Good gosh that must of been a fright. I hope she heals up quickly.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Michael W.
Glad she is OK. Your right, it could have been a lot worse.

Prayers up for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 02:31 AM

Ok, first off glad she is ok, could have been a ton worse as you mentioned.

Secondly, the ER did a poor job of closing her face, should have never used staples, just being lazy. Those staples will leave a train track on her as a big scar. They should have used some non absorbable sutures and did a subcuticular suture job to make the scar as minimal as possible.

First thing tomorrow am, get on the horn with a plastic surgeon to get that revised so it doesn't scar terribly. She deserves much better than that staple job on her face and she shouldn't be reminded of this for the rest of her life. Unfortunately, it may already be too late and she may just need a scar revision by a plastic surgeon, but let them make that call. If you live in Tyler there should be several plastic surgeons in the area who could help you.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 03:14 AM

Dang. Glad she came out okay, and I totally understand that you'd have taken worse to have kept it from happening to her. Don't blame yourself, accidents happen. It sounds like buckeye has some advice that could use heeding,and I'd bet he'd be willing to take a couple PMs from your direction if you have any questions. Don't be afraid to ask for advice.

Prayers up for your wife.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 03:50 AM

^^^^ This, and prayers for a speedy recovery...Accidents can sure happen fast. So happy that it wasn't worse.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 05:13 AM

Prayers up for a speedy recovery. Hope lessons were learned all around.

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 05:25 AM

Thank yall, I will get in touch with plastic surgeon in the morning. Friend of ours uncle is one in tyler. She and I Thank everyone for the prayers.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 08:58 AM

Man that makes me cringe. Pray she heals quickly!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 12:00 PM

Prayers up for a speedy recovery.

I've seen tower blind plans turn into failures before. I'm glad I hunt country that I don't need one.

You don't ever want to get her mad at you, she obviously doesn't scare easily. Lol.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 12:25 PM

Glad it wasn't a couple inches lower....
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Ok, first off glad she is ok, could have been a ton worse as you mentioned.

Secondly, the ER did a poor job of closing her face, should have never used staples, just being lazy. Those staples will leave a train track on her as a big scar. They should have used some non absorbable sutures and did a subcuticular suture job to make the scar as minimal as possible.

First thing tomorrow am, get on the horn with a plastic surgeon to get that revised so it doesn't scar terribly. She deserves much better than that staple job on her face and she shouldn't be reminded of this for the rest of her life. Unfortunately, it may already be too late and she may just need a scar revision by a plastic surgeon, but let them make that call. If you live in Tyler there should be several plastic surgeons in the area who could help you.

This is what I was thinking. Why would anyone use staples on a woman's face. Hope she recovers quickly.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: bull279
Glad she is OK
Prayers sent for a quick recovery up
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 04:50 PM

Bless her heart
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/17/15 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: jts728
Thank yall, she just got a new ruger vaquero in a 44 magnum. She's been wanting on for a while so thought this might be a good time. She won't shoot it for a while though.

scratch I wouldn't be so quick to arm her with a 44 after that incident...just saying

Seriously though, I'm glad she's ok. Man that's scary.
Posted By: jhunter77

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/18/15 02:39 AM

Prayers for a speedy recovery. Glad she ok
Posted By: DesertHunting

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/18/15 10:21 PM

Glad she is ok as well. Praying for her...and you.
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/19/15 01:18 AM

WOW....Prayers up for your wife and for you. She will recover.....thanks to the Lord.

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/19/15 01:08 PM

Thank yall again, she is going today to meet with the plastic surgeon. Keep your fingers crossed.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/19/15 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: jts728
Thank yall again, she is going today to meet with the plastic surgeon. Keep your fingers crossed.

Modern medicine is amazing. With a good surgeon, all she'll have to show for all this is pics hopefully.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Could have been a lot worse - 10/19/15 02:38 PM

Wow! Prayers sent. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum