Texas Hunting Forum

Two Pigs, One Arrow

Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 06:01 PM

So you may not believe me but this is how it went down..

Saturday afternoon was almost unbearably hot. 93*, 90% humidity, zero breeze, sitting in a ground blind. Not a soul was moving. 2.5 hours go by, its about 7:15, about 20 hogs come in. I wait for a few minutes to let them spread out around the feeder, pick out my pig (about a 60-70lb sow), pull back, and release. 30 yards, perfect hit, pigs scatter.. except the little 35lb pig that was standing behind the one I shot! Complete pass thru double lung shot on the first pig, arrow stuck in the spine of the little one, dropping her on the spot. Didn't kill her though she was throwing a fit flopping around squealing like... well... a stuck pig. Finished her with the 9mm, looked for blood for other pig, no sign. Take the little pig back to the house, skin her up, fit perfectly whole into the yeti 65. Next morning I start looking for blood again. No sign. Start zig-zagging back into the woods in the direction the pigs headed after the shot, found her piled up near a fence not 50 yards from where she was shot. 2 for 1! Made some crock-pot pulled pork from the hams of the bigger one.. came out pretty good! The little one fit into one big food saver bag, I'll be smoking her whole very soon!

Little pig.. bout 35lbs. Pig looks bigger in the pic than it really is

Bigger target pig, found the next morning about 55-60 lbs

Results
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 06:08 PM

So am I reading this right? You ate part of a hog that sat all night after a 93 degree day? Uh uh, not happening, not a chance, never! sick barf

Glad you got a twofer.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 06:11 PM

night temps were in the mid 60s, found around 8am, and yes, my fiance and I both ate that on Sunday. We're both doing fine.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 06:14 PM

Yes I believe you, same thing happened to me once. In a 10' tripod 20 yrd broadside shot on a nice sow, released arrow, was trying to watch where the big sow hit the brush but little 25 lber flopping around under the feeder caught my eye. Blew through big pig and shot the little sow STRAIGHT through the ears roflmao there were equal lengths of arrow sticking out of each ear hole. Never saw the little one in the weeds behind the target pig.

So guessing the meat was still good on the bigger sow the next morning? That bowl of meat looks awesome too. I did the same thing Sunday with a fat porker my son shot Saturday night. food Don't get much better. up
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 06:28 PM

Good job on the two-fer.... but you're braver than me eating the 2nd pig. Glad it wasn't spoiled. up
Posted By: Stub

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 07:21 PM

Congrats heck of a shot lucky or not cheers
Posted By: rickym

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 07:26 PM

That's awesome. I would imagine very few people get a twofer with a bow.

I don't know that I could have cleaned and eaten the bigger one
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 07:28 PM

Let the Nom Noms begin!!!!
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 07:32 PM

If it doesn't run you outta tha house while you're cooking it then it's probably good meat. Well done sir
Posted By: 68A

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Good job on the two-fer.... but you're braver than me eating the 2nd pig. Glad it wasn't spoiled. up
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 08:11 PM

Good job. I've had two doubles with one arrow. We had a guy get three with one arrow a couple of years ago. They were all small and lined up just right.
Posted By: MW1962

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 08:57 PM

Good Job!! Those pigs are some dang fine eating in my opinion.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: MW1962
Good Job!! Those pigs are some dang fine eating in my opinion.

banana
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/13/15 10:31 PM

up
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Two Pigs, One Arrow - 10/14/15 01:12 AM

Thats one you won't soon forget. Congrats.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum