Texas Hunting Forum

Started my Barndomium

Posted By: billybob

Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 11:52 AM

Taking a piece at a time. Phase one bathroom. Working on the back wall as it has most of the plumbing and heavy electrical. So far all the work has been done by me alone but will need some help later on.

Had to chip out some concrete to get the shower stall drain in.

Tight fit for the base..now to finish framing the alcove.

This is my water control panel with filters, tankless water heater, shutoff valve, electrical wiring and hot/cold manifolds. It will eventually have cabinet doors
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 12:49 PM

cheers
Posted By: janie

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 12:53 PM

That looks awesome! up
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 12:56 PM

gonna be great, good luck!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse
gonna be great, good luck!
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 01:21 PM

I was always looking for someone who needed free help framing one. I know how to wire a building, but the plumbing and proper framing part was always a mystery to to me.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 02:13 PM

Awesome.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 04:11 PM

Ahh...one day.

up
Posted By: Western

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 05:09 PM

Billybob, you wont know what to do with yourself once you can SSS "@hit, shower and shave" at your place, will be in high cotton for sure up
Posted By: lsbrim

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 05:55 PM

Following.......
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 06:06 PM

Make sure you can drain all of the water lines. A bad cold spell can create a hell with busted pipes. up
Posted By: TEXASTRAPPER

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 06:07 PM

cheers
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Make sure you can drain all of the water lines. A bad cold spell can create a hell with busted pipes. up

X2, and don't believe the myth pex won't split / rupture when it freezes & thaws.
Posted By: billybob

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 08:54 PM

Dennis I have been doing all those things. Got an RV up there. Originally tried doing it with a branch limb but it broke and busted me of that.
DC...last year I just shut the water off and flushed the terlet...put a little anti freeze in what was left. It may get a little more complicated this year because I've added a fridg with ice maker. most of the PEX is under the concrete. May just shut the water off to the fridg and somehow drain it. Thanks for all the comments
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 09:09 PM

Looking good!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/01/15 11:25 PM

Outstanding Sir!! Slow and Steady wins the race...
Posted By: Stub

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/02/15 12:07 AM

Off to a good start buddy up
Posted By: Western

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/02/15 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: billybob
Dennis I have been doing all those things. Got an RV up there. Originally tried doing it with a branch limb but it broke and busted me of that.
DC...last year I just shut the water off and flushed the terlet...put a little anti freeze in what was left. It may get a little more complicated this year because I've added a fridg with ice maker. most of the PEX is under the concrete. May just shut the water off to the fridg and somehow drain it. Thanks for all the comments

roflmao
Billy Bob, did you start your own "Operation Ranch Hand"?? Don't use leaves freshly covered in Agent Orange eeks333 grin
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/02/15 01:14 PM

Love seeing projects like this. I remodel homes for a living and have converted several metal buildings into one bedroom homes for clients. They are fun jobs because of how creative they are, especially with the high ceilings and open space!!!
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Started my Barndomium - 10/02/15 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Awesome.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum