Texas Hunting Forum

Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County?

Posted By: Captain Luke

Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/17/15 09:30 PM

Here are some from our little family ranch. 96 acres

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/17/15 09:33 PM

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/17/15 09:48 PM

Some we have gotten this season. We have been a little off on getting cameras out, and we quit feeding corn in the off season due to hogs. Sure things will start picking up soon.

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/17/15 10:10 PM

That 2nd to last buck might be something to look at in about 3 years or so

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 01:54 AM

That's what my friend thought too. How old do you think he is?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Captain Luke
That's what my friend thought too. How old do you think he is?
I stink at aging but I think he is 2 1/2

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 02:43 AM

I think either 2.5 or 3.5. I'd be surprised of he lives another two years in our area.

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 12:19 PM

I think either 2.5 or 3.5. I'd be surprised of he lives another two years in our area.

I would call the 6th picture down a 3.5 YO.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 12:35 PM

Do you not have hog problems in that area?

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 12:42 PM

We do have a pig problem. In addition to these pics, we have hundreds of pics of pigs. Some pics have 20+ pigs in them.

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 12:42 PM

You have a lot of bucks Redchevy.
Posted By: rob valle

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 01:45 PM

We are headed down next weekend and I will post pics of we have out there. I am looking forward to it, my dad and I leased 165 acres that has not been hunted in 5 years. We are about 10 miles north of Freer. Hopefully a few decent bucks and not a bunch of pigs!

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 01:50 PM

That is a really good area.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 02:06 PM

I quit running cameras last year, but there are always a few bucks around.

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 02:38 PM

You have a lot of bucks Redchevy.

Several of those deer are duplicates. We do have a LOT of hogs as well. The bucks are all still bunched up right now and they are concentrating on the feeders we are filling, sever left empty because of darn hogs.

We got feed pens going up, tired of messing with them, they have won and the deer cant and wont compete with them at feeders.

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 05:47 PM

The crazy thing with our place is that we rarely see pigs during the day. They attack the feeders at night.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/18/15 10:24 PM

Looking good.

Re: Are any of you guys seeing bucks on camera in Duval County? - 09/19/15 12:05 AM

Thanks Catcher!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum