Texas Hunting Forum

2 Non-Typical buck on our lease.

Posted By: GPS

2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 05:53 PM

We have 2 non-typical bucks on our lease and the are bookend bucks. The buck in the color photo had a main beam last year and was on my hit list. Looks like this year he didn't make the main beam. The down side is neither one of these buck are "legal" buck.

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 05:57 PM

If only you could shoot both put their head side-by-side you would have a nice set of antlers
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 05:59 PM

That sucks. They need to be rifle
Posted By: DirtNapTET

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 06:24 PM

From looking at the first photo, youd think that would just be cause by an injury, but with two?

Looks like you have some funky genetics, I'd clean those up before the rut hits if possible.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 06:31 PM

Looks like both damaged their antler on that side before the g2 formed. I wouldn't kill either one, especially the one you said was a good buck last year...
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 06:36 PM

They were obviously left-right partners in the Deer Olympics 6-legged race early in May, and when they got to the tree at the middle of the course each went the other direction and they took the tree dead-center!
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 06:38 PM

What 8 point said...Most likely caused by an injury. I will shoot a deer like that if they are 5.5 years old. If not, I will give them another year to see what they look like injury free.
Posted By: GPS

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
Looks like both damaged their antler on that side before the g2 formed. I wouldn't kill either one, especially the one you said was a good buck last year...

He wasn't a "good buck" last year. He was the same as he is in this picture with the exception of having a small main beam coming out of the base of his rack. I will try and find a picture of him from last season.

It's hard for me to believe these racks are due to an injury.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 06:58 PM

rifle
Posted By: Navasot

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 07:21 PM

I duno that one is gona be close to legal with that little curl of a mb
Posted By: Navasot

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: GPS
Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop

He wasn't a "good buck" last year. He was the same as he is in this picture with the exception of having a small main beam coming out of the base of his rack. I will try and find a picture of him from last season.

It's hard for me to believe these racks are due to an injury.

You could have something special out there damaging their G2 like that also.... maybe its hippys wanting deer velvet
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 07:42 PM

I'm thinking they can read....the regulations... legal ; not legal
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 07:45 PM

Hippy's were my first thought, but I didn't want to be "that guy."
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 07:46 PM

Are these Arkansas deer peep
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 07:57 PM

Shootem then take a grinder to the horns, make spike on one side. Or take sledge hammer to one side as in a fight haha.
Posted By: DirtNapTET

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Dalee7892
Shootem then take a grinder to the horns, make spike on one side. Or take sledge hammer to one side as in a fight haha.

You must be new here.
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/17/15 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: DirtNapTET
Originally Posted By: Dalee7892

You must be new here.

A fella tried that last year on a lease down the county road from us. The game warden searched for 10 1/2 hours (yes, you read that correctly...he searched for 10 1/2 hours) till he found the "broken" antler buried in the woods behind the guys stand. I wouldn't recommend that course of action. Just my 2cents
Posted By: TAFFMASTER

Re: 2 Non-Typical buck on our lease. - 09/24/15 03:33 PM

funny comments. Cool deer
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum