Texas Hunting Forum

Catahoula bird dog !

Posted By: THETEXAN

Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 04:25 AM

Pepper my little Catahoula has turned out to be one heck of a bird dog.
This is her first year to go and with just a little help she is on fire at finding and retrieving. I have been dragging deer hide and deer bloof to train her to find lost deer. So far she is doing great. Really proud of her.
Posted By: N.La.Beagler

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 04:57 AM

Those are, in my opinion, the most versatile breed on the planet. You should be able to train her to do anything you need.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 05:29 AM

Great looking dog.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Great looking dog.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Great looking dog.

Looks like you and the pup had a fun hunt cheers
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 10:51 AM

Now thats my kind of hunting !!! She's a great looking pup and I'll bet you two spend a lot of happy days together in the field. Baker up
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 12:28 PM

That's awesome up
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 01:09 PM

Good looking pup. up
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 01:16 PM

up
Posted By: janie

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 01:32 PM

She's beautiful! up
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 02:01 PM

up
Posted By: THETEXAN

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 02:54 PM

Thanks yall. She is with me everyday. All day long. She is Awesome.
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: westtexaswatkins
That's awesome up
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: N.La.Beagler
Those are, in my opinion, the most versatile breed on the planet. You should be able to train her to do anything you need.

yes I agree..we have a 8 year old Catahoula and he is probably the best dog ive ever had...great with the kids, GREAT watch dog...he can herd cattle like nothing..(and I never trained him to do it)..I will defiantly get another one one day
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 05:03 PM

I was raised around Catahoulas while growing up in NE Louisiana. Like was mentioned, there is not a more versatile dog on this planet. They are awesome! But, I think I have seen it all now with one retrieving doves, though it shouldn't surprise me. They become very protective of the whole family and certainly are eager to please. You have just taken my memory back about 45 years. Those were some great dogs!
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/09/15 06:49 PM

yes I will agree with NorthTx comment on becoming protective with the family..i have watched my dog on more than one occasion step between my wife and kids when someone he isn't accustomed to pulls into the driveway...I promise you no one ever gets out of the car until we love on him and its ok....it makes me feel good to see him protect like that...especially with the kids
Posted By: N.La.Beagler

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/10/15 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter
I was raised around Catahoulas while growing up in NE Louisiana. Like was mentioned, there is not a more versatile dog on this planet. They are awesome! But, I think I have seen it all now with one retrieving doves, though it shouldn't surprise me. They become very protective of the whole family and certainly are eager to please. You have just taken my memory back about 45 years. Those were some great dogs!

My man, where are you from? Choudrant, in Lincoln Parish, here.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/10/15 12:02 PM

Outstanding Pepper. cheers
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/10/15 12:21 PM

best part is the camo patterns they come in these days.. much easier to hide in the duck blind than my White lab!

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/11/15 09:56 AM

Morehouse Parish-Collinston

Re: Catahoula bird dog ! - 09/11/15 09:59 AM

Morehouse Parish-Collinston
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum