Texas Hunting Forum

Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs)

Posted By: cameron00

Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 01:26 PM

I usually have tons of does and several bucks all summer. This year we flooded really badly, and I haven't had very many deer at all. A couple random does here and there. My neighbor hasn't gotten a single picture of a whitetail all summer. Crazy thing is, I still see like 30-50 deer every time I'm out, they're just staying in a patch of woods like 500 yards from my place. Not sure why they haven't been moving at all.

This may have something do do with it:

Notice the ol' boar is keepin' himself busy...

And the result of his fornication:

Finally have 1 buck showing up. He's really weird. Normally, I'd assume damage, but we have a lot of really freaky genetics out here and people shoot bucks with insane non-typical arrangements all the time.

From the side, I don't think he's very old. He's also not 13-inches from what I can tell, so he should make it if he's not poached.

Anyhow, gotta work on getting these pigs to move on or I'm not going to see many deer. They're hitting my feeder daily and pretty clearly bedding down around it.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 01:44 PM

That many hogs would cause me to vacate the premises also.... crazy
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 03:07 PM

Get some ammo and get to work! rifle grin
That's a cool buck!
Posted By: Dogpaddlin

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 03:33 PM

Damn, I knew pigs reproduced fast but a good poking at 1:44 pm leads to a fresh litter by 4:45 pm... that's just crazy!
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 03:50 PM

Lots of pork for the freezer.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Dogpaddlin
Damn, I knew pigs reproduced fast but a good poking at 1:44 pm leads to a fresh litter by 4:45 pm... that's just crazy!

roflmao

Now I know why Estate sells cases of buckshot.
Posted By: Western

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 04:11 PM

You could pay for your land with hogs hunts! Da'um!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 04:47 PM

Lots of targets
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 05:00 PM

Time to do some pig hunting.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 06:43 PM

I hope you have an ar you'll need it

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 08:53 PM

I honestly want to trap them and just shoot them all and feed the yotes.

They are fun to have around, but they're keeping the deer from bedding in a little 20 acre patch that's pretty crucial to my hunting season as it usually holds a ton of deer and serves as a destination point for deer at the neighboring property.

Point being: If deer aren't liking that little patch of woods, I don't see deer at all on my place.

And right now that little patch is absolutely loaded with hogs.

They gotta go.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 08:55 PM

I'd keep one or two of the smaller ones for the freezer
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/08/15 09:40 PM

Yeah, a couple of those smaller one would taste real fine after a day on the pit.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/09/15 02:27 AM

Kill Them
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/09/15 03:36 AM

That's crazy. Anyone catch the Field & Stream article about the pig problem in the US?
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/09/15 06:42 AM

Cameron00, is this your place in Austin Co? That flooding this year was epic for sure! Mill Creek was like a dang river for weeks! And the deer flat out disappeared. Not a single pic of a deer on camera since the flood. Lots of hogs, much like your photos. They've been coming out around 6:15-6:20, so I'm about to do some target practice with the bow over the next few weeks. I just hope the dang deer show back up bang
Posted By: Stub

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/09/15 10:32 AM

Great game cam pics up Lots of Pork Chops and Bacon running around rifle
Lush and almost tropical looking vegetation, neat set up cheers

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/09/15 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TxDispatcher
Cameron00, is this your place in Austin Co? That flooding this year was epic for sure! Mill Creek was like a dang river for weeks! And the deer flat out disappeared. Not a single pic of a deer on camera since the flood. Lots of hogs, much like your photos. They've been coming out around 6:15-6:20, so I'm about to do some target practice with the bow over the next few weeks. I just hope the dang deer show back up bang

I still see tons of deer, but I think a lot moved to higher ground.

Saw like 50 the other night.
Posted By: Jordan519

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/10/15 03:35 PM

rifle
Posted By: TxTall1

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/12/15 03:00 AM

Bacon fest waiting to happen
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/12/15 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Jordan519
rifle

up
Posted By: Dude Lebowski

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/12/15 02:02 PM

I would invest in a feed pen. You will be surprised at what shows up when you quit feeding the pigs.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Lots of pigs and 1 freaky buck. (and a boar making little pigs) - 09/16/15 09:52 PM

I'm surprised there hasn't been more comment on the F&S Hog Article. Story makes sense to me.
Ron
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum