Texas Hunting Forum

Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D

Posted By: dlrz71

Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 05:57 PM

Here are a few pics from the cams. First dropped horn was January 16th.

Wish this big tom would have showed up for me.

Not sure what this young pig is eating on.

a new buck that showed up late in the season and has hung around

and a game cam surprise. We had a group of 5-6 of these guys when I first got on in 2012 but we thought they had been taken off after the fencing was repaired. This is the first time I have had one on camera. Looks like just a single one left hanging around.

Posted By: swmays

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 06:02 PM

eek2
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 06:08 PM

cheers
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: swmays
eek2

Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 06:17 PM

Would make a cool rug grin
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 06:21 PM

What does that pig have in his mouth?

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
What does that pig have in his mouth?

I have no idea. That is the only pic I got of it.
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 06:27 PM

Is that pig dragging an opossum around by it's guts?
Just an FYI...zebra meat goes for about $100 a pound!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Fat Tire

Hmmm Zebra = horse
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy

Hmmm Zebra = horse

Horse meat is only about $10 a pound.
Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 07:18 PM

Hmmm Zebra = horse

A zebra may be considered part of the horse family, but it's far from being (even) a wild horse.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 07:53 PM

where is your lease? Is zebra off of high fenced ranch near by?

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
where is your lease? Is zebra off of high fenced ranch near by?

Coke County. There is a place next to ours that has had zebras for as long as I can remember to when I spent summers with my uncle.

There was a fire on part of our place a few years ago and they got on when the fence was damaged. We had all thought they had been taken off because we haven't seen them in a while. Now just the one showing up in my area at least.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 08:00 PM

Great pics.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 08:08 PM

cheers Nice pics
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Great pics. up
Posted By: Western

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 08:39 PM

What I was thinking too LOL
Posted By: don k

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/13/15 10:52 PM

Hmmm Zebra = horse

Horse meat is only about $10 a pound.
Go to some of these rescue places around here and horse is probably free.
Posted By: breadman

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 02:51 AM

very cool
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 01:27 PM

Just trying to mind your own business, maybe pop a hog or two and the danged zebras mess everything up.

Again.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 02:05 PM

rofl

I would give a Thousand Dollars to see that have Bum Rushed you in a Pop up roflmao
Posted By: Cast

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 02:39 PM

I hear Zebra is good eating.
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 03:16 PM

Cool photos! Great looking buck for a nice surprise this time of year! Neat seeing a zebra up
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 03:53 PM

Lol, what the heck!

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Lol, what the heck!

Mr. Gilbert you know you want one on the wall rofl

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 03:55 PM

If one of those walked out at my Feed Pen I would quit drinking roflmao rofl
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 04:03 PM

LOL Hate to meet him on the highway . Cool
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 07:33 PM

Don't know that I could shoot a ZEBRA, very cool pic. nuts
Posted By: DustyWyoming

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 11:04 PM

Good Pics!!
Posted By: L. C. Clower

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/14/15 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
I hear Zebra is good eating.

Do they taste like chicken?
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/15/15 03:01 PM

Cool pics up
Posted By: rackjudge

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/20/15 02:41 AM

$100 per pound? Done, bang hello new rug.
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/20/15 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: rackjudge
$100 per pound? Done, bang hello new rug.

Or start!
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/20/15 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

Or start!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 04/20/15 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

I am calling double bs laugh
Posted By: Kactuskiller

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/30/15 08:21 PM

I have seen some near our place at Silver. Saw 2 back in 2011 right after the fires running in the bar ditch. Saw one this year about 2 miles from our place inside a low fence ranch right off the highway. May have a wide spread population before long.
Posted By: Chunky Dunk

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/30/15 10:06 PM

coolpics
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/30/15 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
Don't know that I could shoot a ZEBRA, very cool pic. nuts
I had one at my Leakey property. He tore up the feeder and would ruin a hunt. Never could pull the trigger on him though.

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/30/15 11:50 PM

When's Bow Season again roflmao
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/31/15 12:12 AM

That pig sure looks happy.
I do not know what I would do if I saw a Zebra show up at a feeder.
Posted By: mctaxidermy

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/31/15 12:36 AM

O ya I would be in stand this weekend for a zebra if that came across cam cool pic
Posted By: Stub

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/31/15 01:13 AM

cheers
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/31/15 02:17 AM

Pig= possum. Zebra= closer to a mule. Will eat more corn than a coon!!!!
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/31/15 02:20 AM

Ok my bad. Donkey. Blah sick
Posted By: kry226

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/31/15 09:50 AM

I assume a zebra can be treated like any other exotic, yes?

If so, I might have to rifle one were it to stroll by.

Maybe in honor of Cecil. laugh
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 07/31/15 01:45 PM

Looks like it thinks it's a part of the bovine family.
Posted By: Navajo76

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 08/12/15 02:24 AM

Never know what you'll see. How did we ever make it with out game cameras!!
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 08/12/15 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Originally Posted By: swmays
eek2

X3

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 08/12/15 03:26 AM

Cameras are back up and running. Will post pics if any more surprises show up grin
Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: Trip to the lease continued...and a surprise on camera :D - 08/12/15 03:57 AM

shoot the zebra
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum