Texas Hunting Forum

Build do it yourself camera mounts

Posted By: okbowhunter

Build do it yourself camera mounts - 02/18/15 01:58 AM

Built me some DIY camera mounts got the idea from this web site. http://cambushcamo.com/blogs/news/9586237-do-it-yourself-trail-camera-mount.
I think they are going to work fine pained them a flat brown.

Posted By: 68A

Re: Build do it yourself camera mounts - 02/18/15 02:00 AM

Did you drill the hole in the case or does it come pre-drilled? Pretty good idea, gives the angle option.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Build do it yourself camera mounts - 02/18/15 02:13 AM

up
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Build do it yourself camera mounts - 02/18/15 02:33 AM

cheers
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Build do it yourself camera mounts - 02/18/15 02:37 AM

cheers I made some very similar to those about 5 yrs ago. They work great. I made two styles for different cameras. Still use them today.

Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Build do it yourself camera mounts - 02/18/15 04:23 AM

Standard camera mount thread on most trail cams. With a little engineering should be no problem.
Posted By: okbowhunter

Re: Build do it yourself camera mounts - 02/18/15 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: 68A
Did you drill the hole in the case or does it come pre-drilled? Pretty good idea, gives the angle option.

All the camera's I've seen have the 1/4-20 threaded hole on the bottom and the Moultre's I have even on the bottom and rear housing. The problem with this design is I think I'm going to have to carry a couple of wrenches in order to get things tight enough. I may do some looking for bigger wing nuts and some type of locking washers.
Posted By: artrios60

Re: Build do it yourself camera mounts - 02/18/15 03:09 PM

Cool idea
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Build do it yourself camera mounts - 02/19/15 01:55 AM

I tried something similar on our last lease but the darn curious cattle kept either turning or tilting them. If I would have had them in a feed pen they would have been just fine.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum