Texas Hunting Forum

A few kills and a question for bow hunters

Posted By: caseyusmc

A few kills and a question for bow hunters - 02/17/15 10:43 PM

Had a really good time over the last two days thinning out some animals and filling my freezer. I've always been a bow hunter except for the military but this year I started hunting some with my 308. I did not think I would be in to it but quickly found out that there something really exciting and familiar about stalking and setting up longer rang shots. I took three animals in two days all young bucks. One axis and two sika. All shots were were semi tough shots and quick and clean kills. Even though I enjoy shooting long rang with my rifle I don't take shots I'm not confident I can't connect on. I like a challenge but don't feel it should come at the cost of wounding an animal. Just thought I would share some photos and a little back story to see if any hard core bow hunters picked up a rifle and fell in love all over again. I'll never stop bow hunting but certain times of the year I feel like I will switch to a rifle for now on depending on what species I'm hunting.

Posted By: billyhunt

Re: A few kills and a question for bow hunters - 02/17/15 11:00 PM

Uh oh casey, what is said about the DARK SIDE!!! lol444 Good kills.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: A few kills and a question for bow hunters - 02/17/15 11:37 PM

Congrats on your successful hunts! cheers
Posted By: txshntr

Re: A few kills and a question for bow hunters - 02/17/15 11:42 PM

I consider myself a pretty "die hard" bow hunter, but will pick up a rifle on occasion. Nice job and congrats on the successful hunt up
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: A few kills and a question for bow hunters - 02/18/15 12:07 AM

I've got a buddy who's a hard core bow hunter (his words not mine) and the first time I invited him to join me a several other guys on a summer Axis hunt he said not unless I can bring my bow! He's missed out on a ton of fun for the last 3 summers. His choice.

OBTW : Congrats on some fine looking freezer fillers. Well done sir!!
Posted By: wtr

Re: A few kills and a question for bow hunters - 02/18/15 01:35 AM

up
Posted By: Stub

Re: A few kills and a question for bow hunters - 02/18/15 01:53 AM

cheers
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: A few kills and a question for bow hunters - 02/18/15 02:14 AM

cheers
Posted By: Armalite260

Re: A few kills and a question for bow hunters - 02/18/15 03:55 AM

Talk about good eating... Great job
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: A few kills and a question for bow hunters - 02/19/15 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
I consider myself a pretty "die hard" bow hunter, but will pick up a rifle on occasion. Nice job and congrats on the successful hunt up

I'm in the same boat with txshntr. I know when its time sling lead instead of arrows up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum