Texas Hunting Forum

Random critters I've caught

Posted By: cmc

Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 12:56 PM

East had a post about a tarantula and I was looking on my website and phone for a picture of one and found all these. Anybody else have to catch everything they see and inspect it like me?

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:00 PM

At one time or another have caught and inspected those plus other critters.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:11 PM

I have simply inspected some of them. smile
Posted By: don k

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:14 PM

Yes , but the centipede was dead before I did him.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:16 PM

Been romping in the woods since I could first walk, played with a lot of critters!

Nice pics up
Posted By: East

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:43 PM

Im out
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:45 PM

Cool. Where is the pic holding the tarantula? grin
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:47 PM

Pretty sweet

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:49 PM

I picked that one up but couldnt hold him and take the pic he kept jumping off so I put him on my leg and took one.
Originally Posted By: landsurveyor
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:52 PM

I used to have an artificial soft plastic fishing lure that looked like that centipede...or at least I thought it was artificial. eek2
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:52 PM

Great pics up
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: cmc

I picked that one up but couldnt hold him and take the pic he kept jumping off so I put him on my leg and took one.
up Baby horny toad is my favorite
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 02:28 PM

eeks333 ......I'd play with a rattle snake before I touched one of these.....no sir...
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 03:29 PM

Cool pictures but I wouldn't get a mile from that Tarantula scared .The baby horny toad is pretty cool. I see lots of centipedes at my ranch but I don't get that close to em
Posted By: DXB

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 05:26 PM

coolpics
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 06:24 PM

Yep... but I usually inspect centipedes from the bottom of my boot.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: East

Im out

Yep. To hell with that.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Schpanky

eeks333 ......I'd play with a rattle snake before I touched one of these.....no sir...

Yup...rattlesnakes all day long before that!

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 09:19 PM

The centipede was a fight, he was very aggressive and did not like being messed with but after a while he calmed enough to pick him up.
Posted By: Western

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/09/15 09:31 PM

up Baby horny toad is my favorite

Same here, miss seeing them around
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/10/15 01:48 AM

Great pics.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/10/15 04:04 AM

You do realize Vanilla Jesus when we do this Quail Hunt...if you come at me with any of those I will throw a rock at you like Uncle Rico and scream and take off running......for about 6 feet and that's usually when I fall or run out of breath rofl
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/10/15 04:10 AM

The centipede was a fight, he was very aggressive and did not like being messed with but after a while he calmed enough to pick him up.

You are nuts messing with that centipede. They are nasty and can put a hurtin' on you, from what I hear....and the Discovery Channel says so. roflmao I have them here at my house and they don't live after I see them.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/10/15 04:12 AM

I had one of them prehistoric looking things crawl on me while I was working under a bus. I got all beat up up trying to get out of there. I was so sore that I still don't know if I even got stung, I was hurting all over.
Good pictures.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/10/15 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
I had one of them prehistoric looking things crawl on he while I was working under a bus. I got all beat up up trying to get out of there. I was so sore that I still done know if I even got stung, I was hurting all over.

Similar thing happened to me one hot Summer while under a suburban trying to put a gas tank back in alone after changing the fuel pump, but wasn't a centipede it was a Palmetto Beetle "AKA Big Cockroach". I had always heard that they will bite the crap out of you but learned that day. Laying on concrete with knees, elbows, and one side of my face pushing this 1/4 full gas tank back up into place trying to get bolts back in and this thing comes out from somewhere...lands on my face and bites the hell out of me on my neck. I didn't want to drop the tank but I had to because it hurt and I felt him crawling under my chin. Must have looked like I got hit with a taser, legs kicking, arms flapping around...hit my forehead on something and was bleeding pretty good. Dang biting bugs. Had a big welp on my neck for hours, felt like a yellow jacket. roflmao
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/10/15 04:41 AM

I had a Cricket get on my foot and almost turned a Truck over eeks333

And the first time I went wade fishing I saw a Stingray when the water laid and I almost started a Tsunami in POC
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/10/15 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
I had one of them prehistoric looking things crawl on he while I was working under a bus. I got all beat up up trying to get out of there. I was so sore that I still done know if I even got stung, I was hurting all over.

Similar thing happened to me one hot Summer while under a suburban trying to put a gas tank back in alone after changing the fuel pump, but wasn't a centipede it was a Palmetto Beetle "AKA Big Cockroach". I had always heard that they will bite the crap out of you but learned that day. Laying on concrete with knees, elbows, and one side of my face pushing this 1/4 full gas tank back up into place trying to get bolts back in and this thing comes out from somewhere...lands on my face and bites the hell out of me on my neck. I didn't want to drop the tank but I had to because it hurt and I felt him crawling under my chin. Must have looked like I got hit with a taser, legs kicking, arms flapping around...hit my forehead on something and was bleeding pretty good. Dang biting bugs. Had a big welp on my neck for hours, felt like a yellow jacket. roflmao

roflmao

Re: Random critters I've caught - 01/10/15 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
You do realize Vanilla Jesus when we do this Quail Hunt...if you come at me with any of those I will throw a rock at you like Uncle Rico and scream and take off running......for about 6 feet and that's usually when I fall or run out of breath rofl

I promise nothing scarier than this. You fall down out there and slip a disk the coyote will have you before I could get you out, if a coyote would even eat you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum