Texas Hunting Forum

Two bucks locked up, video

Posted By: CaveManRancher

Two bucks locked up, video - 11/27/14 10:38 PM

We saw two bucks going at it Friday night while spotlighting for coons. Thought it was pretty cool but didn't think much else about it. Saturday morning the ranch hand saw them and came back to the headquarters. We went out and drove that pasture looking but could not ever find them. We hoped they had gotten untangled but were afraid they had moved to an area were we just couldn't see them. Wednesday morning we saw them again. Below is a video of us tying them up and sawing a small piece of horn off to get them loose. Hopefully they survived. Sorry for the bad video, I was trying to document it but would put my camera in my pocket to help. I cut most of the junk parts out. I believe it is still viewable without having to log on to FB. If I get it uploaded some other way I'll post it.
MFW Hunting Adventures
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Two bucks locked up, video - 11/28/14 12:22 AM

Awesome job. I hope they both make it
Posted By: trjscout

Re: Two bucks locked up, video - 11/28/14 12:53 AM

that's too cool ,thanks for sharing .
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Two bucks locked up, video - 11/28/14 01:04 AM

pretty neat...thanks for posting
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Two bucks locked up, video - 11/28/14 01:05 AM

Neat video.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Two bucks locked up, video - 11/28/14 01:05 AM

Good job on cutting them loose, thanks for sharing.

Lucky for them the yotes didn't find an easy meal
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Two bucks locked up, video - 11/28/14 01:09 AM

Well done tying up the legs. Would've been a bit more dangerous otherwise. I hope yall see them walking around healthy in the future.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Two bucks locked up, video - 11/28/14 01:26 AM

Good job on getting them apart. Several years ago we came across the same thing in Harper Tx. except one buck was already dead. We think they had been locked up for at least a day. Even the survivor could hardly walk once we cut the horn off the dead one.
Posted By: bp3

Re: Two bucks locked up, video - 11/28/14 04:49 AM

Cut two apart in Kent county years ago, one was all ready dead and the other was real weak.Don't know if he made it or not. Those in this video looked pretty strong.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Two bucks locked up, video - 11/28/14 10:12 AM

well done!
Posted By: CaveManRancher

Re: Two bucks locked up, video - 11/28/14 01:54 PM

Thank you everyone. One buck was pretty well give out. The other buck would roll him and really twist his neck bad. The other buck seemed to be in desperation mode of course they had burst of adrenaline when we walked up and when we let the go, I'm sure a traumatizing event for a deer. Just glad a had my cordless saw with me and the blade held up, the first time I put blade to horn they thrashed and bent my blade. The pasture they were in is very wide at the bottom but only 200 yards or less on North side. Luckily they kept pushing towards the shorter end, if they had gone the other way they may not have been seen. Oh and I had to put the fake dog barks to try and cover up some foul language.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum