Texas Hunting Forum

Big Knife, Little Knife

Posted By: Jason Fry

Big Knife, Little Knife - 11/09/14 07:57 PM

I like making what I like to make, and sometimes the pendulum swings quickly from one end to the other. Both of these were finished in the last couple of days.

First, a very substantial bowie. This knife is 1080, stock removal from 3/16 stock with a flat grind and convex edge. The blade has a very clean 800 grit hand finish with great grinds and a good tight guard fitup. The guard and butt are satin finished 416 stainless, and the handle is a great Sambar stag taper. Overall length is 11.5" with a 7 inch blade.
Mark side

Back side

Second, a small utility, bird and trout, or desk knife. This knife has a north/south connection. My brother Travis forged this Damascus steel from 1084 and 15n20 while he was on a one year assignment in Canada. He gave me the billet, and I made this knife out of it. The knife has jigged bone handles and double nickel silver bolsters. I was shooting for the old fashioned slipjoint look. The knife is 6.5 inches long with a 2 3/4 blade.

I apologize, these are just Iphone pictures. Cory Martin's going to shoot me a good pic next week on this one.
Mark side
Back side
Very tight! No gaps!

Thanks for looking.
Jason
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Big Knife, Little Knife - 11/09/14 08:37 PM

Nice work.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Big Knife, Little Knife - 11/09/14 10:35 PM

Awesome work. I love that bird and trout knife you made me a while back, works great.

Walter
Posted By: Jason Fry

Re: Big Knife, Little Knife - 11/11/14 05:41 PM

Thanks, Walter. Glad you're putting it to good use.
Posted By: DiverTexas

Re: Big Knife, Little Knife - 11/11/14 06:12 PM

Awesome work as always.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Big Knife, Little Knife - 11/11/14 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: jkf96a
Thanks, Walter. Glad you're putting it to good use.

Got it bloody today again cleaning my spike. cheers

Walter
Posted By: aggielandman

Re: Big Knife, Little Knife - 11/12/14 04:38 PM

Beautiful Work!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Big Knife, Little Knife - 11/12/14 07:03 PM

Outstandingup
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Big Knife, Little Knife - 11/13/14 12:12 AM

Great looking knives, especially that Bowie
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum