Texas Hunting Forum

Happy to be back in my home shop at UTAG

Posted By: RoadBlock

Happy to be back in my home shop at UTAG - 08/30/14 06:25 AM

Had a really great summer, went "abroad" to intern and teach and the Tulsa Glassblowing School, had a ton of fun with a great team up there. Taught a bunch of people of all age ranges, from as young as 5 all the way up to people in there 70's+ a short intro in glassblowing. Only had one student get burned, a 7 year old that wanted to be hard headed, waited till I turned my ack and grabbed the 600+ degree tweezer tips. He was fine and even finished making his piece. But now I'm pumped to be back in the shop at UTAG, ready for an awesome and super challenging semester as an Advanced Glass student. Hoping to make some awesome work.

Pictures are of my first day back and working in the shop, we are really spoiled at UTAG, 7000 square foot air conditioned shop, with all the best equipment. After working in 2 shops this summer without AC, one here in Texas in August, I'm happy to be back in my home shop.

Me trying to look like an artist that knows what he's doing. Staring at the glass intently. Haha.

Spinning out a rondel, a flat plat like piece, have to get the top 3/4 up to around 1800-1900 degrees and spin hard, fast and evenly.

Using and oxy-pro torch to "super heat" specific spots on the plate to get them to move out more when I spin.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Happy to be back in my home shop at UTAG - 08/30/14 09:46 AM

Cool stuff
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Happy to be back in my home shop at UTAG - 08/30/14 12:50 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Happy to be back in my home shop at UTAG - 08/30/14 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. up
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Happy to be back in my home shop at UTAG - 08/30/14 01:48 PM