Texas Hunting Forum

Gotta love Neighbors like this....

Posted By: Jfben4

Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 09:36 PM

This is on my fence line... I have 200 acres in China Spring that has houses down one side of the place. They probably own five acres...I'm standing on my side of the fence...

Posted By: hunthard

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 09:46 PM

That calls for a talking to.
Posted By: huntingpj

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 09:46 PM

Put a box blind in front of it
Posted By: DirkDiggler

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 09:49 PM

Or just a big piece of plywood.....
Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 09:53 PM

I don't understand what the problem is? Is he hunting your property?

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 09:56 PM

Not suppose to be! The stand is facing my property looking over my fence!

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 09:58 PM

Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like there is a clearing on the other side of the stand. Maybe he is hunting that and not hunting your property at all?
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Jfben4
Not suppose to be! The stand is facing my property looking over my fence!

How do you know which way its facing confused2 ? Looks like it has windows on all sides. Just because there is a window there doesn't mean he is using it or hunting out of that window.
Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 10:08 PM

Better on my border and firing away than in the center of 5 acres shooting toward me.

I suppose since he owns a piddly 5 acres he should not hunt?
Posted By: booger

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 10:08 PM

Don't put a blind or wood up instead start piling brush and limbs up right there. Are you making. Burn pile???? They will never know but the view will change for them.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 10:11 PM

Placement just seems very suspicious to me. I guess the only thing I can do is place something in front of it.
Posted By: artrios60

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 10:18 PM

Placement just seems very suspicious to me. I guess the only thing I can do is place something in front of it.

Thats about it if you dont want to confront them about it.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 10:18 PM

why not just talk to them? Probably nice people and express your concerns> They probably have no other choice and have no intentions of hunting your side!

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 10:20 PM

Have you tried talking to them or do you just prefer to get on here and complain about something someone may or may not be doing without any proof?
Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 10:25 PM

looks like they are putting it up to hunt their side and not shoot toward your property.

Isn't that tree limb in the way of shooting onto your place?
Posted By: KS 196 6/8

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: caddokiller
Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like there is a clearing on the other side of the stand. Maybe he is hunting that and not hunting your property at all?

X2

when did the land sale? you know what was going to happen and should have bought it.
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: KS 196 6/8

X2

when did the land sale? you know what was going to happen and should have bought it.

Now he is a fortune teller?

We have had numerous threads of this same type and generally they go theother direction. What a new year brings in.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/01/14 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: RWH24
Originally Posted By: KS 196 6/8

X2

Now he is a fortune teller?

We have had numerous threads of this same type and generally they go theother direction. What a new year brings in.

Maybe they are still hungover roflmao
Posted By: bp3

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 12:49 AM

Plastic tarp and tie to the cedars plus kill a skunk and lay on fence line.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 12:52 AM

Put up a billboard in front of and facing the stand ... with THIS on it.

Posted By: browning_3248

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 01:09 AM

I had a guy do the same to me a couple years back, put it right against the fenceline with a straight shot at my feeder, no more than 50 yards. Approached him about it and the guy swore up and down he wAs just hunting "his side". Set up a camera and caught him shooting a doe across the fence, charges were pressed. It's more of a courtesy as they say to not set up stands on property lines unless absolutely necessary. Now with that being said just talk to the guy and ask him what the deal is, I've had to hunt fencelines, well 50 or so yards off, just due to terrain of the property. He may just have no choice. Then again you can't hardly trust anyone these days though so cover your arse, like the other guys said earlier a brush pile, plywood, etc wouldn't hurt.
Posted By: Big Orn

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 01:29 AM

I agree. Talk to them. He may not have a choice. And might just be a good fellow.
Posted By: Okiedog

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 01:34 AM

Several years ago, had a neighbor put up his stand. You could have drawn a straight line from his stand, thru his feeder and on to my house. All within 200 yds. After the leaves had fallen and I could see what he had done, I gave him a call. He had just recently purchased the property and hadn't realized what he had done. Apologized for his mistake and the next day the stand and feeder were re-located. Most of the time a simple phone call is all it takes. I'd sure give it a try before trying to one up him.
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntingTexas

^^^THIS^^^ LMAO!!
Posted By: dawaba

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 01:22 PM

A friendly chat over a beer will clear the air and prevent gastric ulcers in the future....on both sides of the fence.
Posted By: reeder05

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: dawaba
A friendly chat over a beer will clear the air and prevent gastric ulcers in the future....on both sides of the fence.

up

cheers
Posted By: GLC

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 02:08 PM

I have one of my box stands close to the neighbors property line also but about 30 yards. But when I built my box blind I intentionally did not put a window cut out to their side. I did this in hopes that they would realize that I had no intention of hunting their side. This feller could have done the same thing and we would not be having this discussion at all. Heck, he could have also backed it up a few feet and slid it to the side in back of one of the trees next to it and there probably would not be an argument either. Looks like he intentionally put it in small break in the fence line between the trees with a window facing your direction to keep tabs on what is on your side whether he has intention of hunting it or not. Really looks like he put in a bad spot because he cannot see side to side down his own fence line, only front to back.
Posted By: fishingpunk

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 02:22 PM

I didn't think you could hunt on a place less then 10 acres?

•hunt in a subdivision with lots 10 acres or less in an unincorporated area of a county if the commissioners court, by order, prohibits the discharge of a firearm or the use of archery equipment in such subdivisions. (Contact local county clerk and ask about 235.022, Local Government Code.)
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 02:26 PM

See nothing wrong with this pic. wouldn't hurt to put a big piece of plywood to cover the hole on your side of the property

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: fishingpunk
I didn't think you could hunt on a place less then 10 acres?

•hunt in a subdivision with lots 10 acres or less in an unincorporated area of a county if the commissioners court, by order, prohibits the discharge of a firearm or the use of archery equipment in such subdivisions. (Contact local county clerk and ask about 235.022, Local Government Code.)

Just cuz its 5 acres don't mean its a subdivision....
Posted By: traviselmore

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 02:44 PM

Ive had the same problem. My problem was that there is deliberately a hole cut to overlook my property which means you have some intentions that if a deer walks out on my side you will look and probably shoot. Ask them to use some permanent fix to cover the holes so that they can not be tempted to shoot on your side.
Posted By: no-guts-no-glory

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: huntingpj
Put a box blind in front of it

Bingo!
Posted By: lharrell79

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 02:51 PM

Going by this one picture alone, I don't see anything wrong. There's a window facing your property with a big tree branch in front of it. There's a window facing his open property on the other side. There is a small tree line. Is it possible that this small tree line is the best area for him to place a blind to maximize his 5 acres?

Just because the blind is 20 feet from your fence, does not mean he's firing onto your property. If that were the case, I think he would have cut down that big tree branch blocking the window.
Posted By: KG68

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: bp3
kill a skunk and lay on fence line.

Best solution I've heard. cheerleader
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 02:59 PM

I don't see a problem as long as they are not hunting on YOUR side of the fence.
Posted By: 817cd

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 03:05 PM

He is breaking the law hunting less than 10 acres subdivision or not.
Posted By: TexastoaD

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 03:11 PM

I don't understand what the problem is? Is he hunting your property?
x2
Posted By: Nightbird

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: 817cd

And just how is he breaking the law? Please feel free to enlighten all of us!
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Nightbird
Originally Posted By: 817cd

And just how is he breaking the law? Please feel free to enlighten all of us!

That's a McLennan County law. Townships (incorporated or not) can raise the acreage requirements, some are 50, but cannot reduce them.
Posted By: target1911

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: lharrell79
Going by this one picture alone, I don't see anything wrong. There's a window facing your property with a big tree branch in front of it. There's a window facing his open property on the other side. There is a small tree line. Is it possible that this small tree line is the best area for him to place a blind to maximize his 5 acres?

Just because the blind is 20 feet from your fence, does not mean he's firing onto your property. If that were the case, I think he would have cut down that big tree branch blocking the window.

This for sure.

I also say so what if it under 10ac. If he is not endangering any one let the man hunt. If he is not breaking any game laws then dont turn him in. Let him chance the county acreage law if he wants to.
Share a beer with him too. Ya never know, he may become a great friend and you may need his help one day.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: target1911

This for sure.

I also say so what if it under 10ac. If he is not endangering any one let the man hunt. If he is not breaking any game laws then dont turn him in. Let him chance the county acreage law if he wants to.
Share a beer with him too. Ya never know, he may become a great friend and you may need his help one day.

Oh yeah, and you can also combine properties with neighbors. If I have 5 and my neighbor has 5, we can give each other written permission to hunt our 5 to equal 10, which allows us to each hunt our 5.

edited to add: To the OP, a good faith/friendly gesture may be to offer "hunting rights" to your neighbor with only 5 acres so he can legally hunt his five. He may have reciprocity agreements with other neighbors already, though, so could very well tell you to pound sand.

edited again to add: And you can specify dates. I wouldn't give him year-long permission, you could even select dates during deer season season when you know you will/will not be there, as you see fit.
Posted By: FISHUNTER

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 06:12 PM

Put a boxblind on your side right next to his...then yall can put a board across the 2 windows and play a game of UNO or something while yall are hunting.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: FISHUNTER
Put a boxblind on your side right next to his...then yall can put a board across the 2 windows and play a game of UNO or something while yall are hunting.

Exactly "can you hold my beer for a sec while I shoot this critter? Boom. Thanks, your turn to draw."

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: chalet
Originally Posted By: FISHUNTER

Exactly "can you hold my beer for a sec while I shoot this critter? Boom. Thanks, your turn to draw."

I don't understand why more neighbors cant be like this...
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 07:57 PM

Because they are all my deer and I don't want my neighbors playing with them!
Posted By: Sab

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 08:57 PM

My wife is the one all the way on the right...I wish people would stop putting her picture up on the internet... food

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Because they are all my deer and I don't want my neighbors playing with them!

x2 Yep , the deer just don't respect a mans property line.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Sab

My wife is the one all the way on the right...I wish people would stop putting her picture up on the internet... food
I see nothing wrong with this pic. Heck that billboard may just get the fella to hunt a little longer.
Posted By: Sab

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 09:06 PM

Seriously, "hey neighbor, got a minute for a beer....I noticed you put a box blind close to our property line, I also hunt that area often, do you think we can talk about this for safety sake"

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/02/14 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Sab
Seriously, "hey neighbor, got a minute for a beer....I noticed you put a box blind close to our property line, I also hunt that area often, do you think we can talk about this for safety sake"
I see your point as well as the OP. I would rather have him along the line shooting inward towards his property then shooting towards mine. I have no problem with a man hunting every inch of his own property. If it really bothers someone they can dig deep into their pocket and put up a high fence.
Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: traviselmore
Ive had the same problem. My problem was that there is deliberately a hole cut to overlook my property which means you have some intentions that if a deer walks out on my side you will look and probably shoot. Ask them to use some permanent fix to cover the holes so that they can not be tempted to shoot on your side.

I look at deer on other people's property all the time, I have yet to shoot one.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 03:27 AM

Just common courtesy, respect, and huntIng ethics to not hunt neighbors fence lines . Why even go there?
Posted By: Bullet

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 04:04 AM

Every time u have the urge to take crap go and squat next to the fence. Sooner or later he will get tired of the smell or watching you.
Posted By: wtr

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 06:02 AM

If he was planning on hunting your side he would of obviously cut those limbs. Let the guy hunt his land he isn't hurting anybody.
Posted By: bigdavehunting

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 06:22 AM

Question #1 How long have you owned your property? #2 how long has that blind been there? #3 Are you sure someone hunts that stand? Looking through the windows on that blind looks like the trees have grown up on both sides. Maybe that blind has been there for some time and nobody hunts it. You might be bothered by something thats not happen. You might just want to talk to him and find out and i did notice that you said it was on your fence line with nothing being said about someone hunting it.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 06:24 PM

Common respect and hunting ethics calls for not hunting a neighbors fenceline. If property is too small then it shouldnt be hunted

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk
Common respect and hunting ethics calls for not hunting a neighbors fenceline. If property is too small then it shouldnt be hunted

rolleyes

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 06:30 PM

Who are you to tell a man what he can or can't do on his property?
Posted By: oilfldtrash

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 06:38 PM

I pretty sure anyone can worm a bullet through that tree branch. Cutting that branch would make it that much more obvious. Why did they put it between those 2 cedars instead of right in front so he couldn't see across the fence?

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 07:22 PM

. One who would use common sense and respect my neighbors enough to not hunt directly on their fenceline. Or if I was going to would give them the courtesy of talking with them first

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 07:42 PM

. One who would use common sense and respect my neighbors enough to not hunt directly on their fenceline. Or if I was going to would give them the courtesy of talking with them first

Well thats great that you would do that. I would do that as well. That still does not give you the right to say what someone else can do on there own property!

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/03/14 10:41 PM

Well thats great that you would do that. I would do that as well. That still does not give you the right to say what someone else can do on there own property!
The point I was making is if a property is so small you have to hunt a neighbors fence then maybe its too small to hunt
Posted By: Cat-aholic

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 05:33 PM

Just common courtesy, respect, and huntIng ethics to not hunt neighbors fence lines . Why even go there?
because its his property and just like you can do what you want in yours he can do what ever he want on his , unless you want to pay his taxes, if he wanted to shoot over the fence line he wouldnt need a deer blind to do it,
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 06:56 PM

This for sure.

Sorry, but I disagree. I don't think anybody should be hunting on any place less than 10 acres. If you have 10 acres and it is a square, it is roughly 660' x 660'. That is too small IMO to be hunting deer on unless it is with a bow or cross bow. No way you can fire a high caliber rifle and guarantee the bullet will not cross the property line and when it does, that is breaking the law in itself.

Also, how does 10 acres sustain a viable, huntable whitetail deer population? It doesn't.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 07:21 PM

Maybe that is his fence line.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

This for sure.

Sorry, but I disagree. I don't think anybody should be hunting on any place less than 10 acres. If you have 10 acres and it is a square, it is roughly 660' x 660'. That is too small IMO to be hunting deer on unless it is with a bow or cross bow. No way you can fire a high caliber rifle and guarantee the bullet will not cross the property line and when it does, that is breaking the law in itself.

Also, how does 10 acres sustain a viable, huntable whitetail deer population? It doesn't.

Deer belong to state of Texas and do not respect fence lines, also many of places can't guarantee that a bullet will not cross a fence line, no matter if they are 10 acres or 1000 acres. Yes more acres means less of a chance of a stray crossing but doesn't guarantee nothing.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: TexastoaD

This for sure.

Deer belong to state of Texas and do not respect fence lines, also many of places can't guarantee that a bullet will not cross a fence line, no matter if they are 10 acres or 1000 acres. Yes more acres means less of a chance of a stray crossing but doesn't guarantee nothing.

Yes, I understand deer belong to the state of Texas. So, does that mean if you own 11 acres next to a 500 acre place it is ethically alright for someone to kill 1, 2, or more deer a year off the 11 acre place when if the area holds 1 deer per 8 acres on average?

Yes, by law it is perfectly fine. I'd say ethically it is wrong, very wrong and the prime reason why larger neighbors who have the funds istall tall fences.

I have a friend who has 12K acres. On one side there is a 60 acre place. He never noticed any stands on it and then while flying over rounding up cattle he counted 5 stands and 5 feeders along the border fence with his inside that 60 acres. This border fence for thhis 60 acres was about 3000' long. Now, his ranch as about 1.5 miles of high fence along that side of it. The sad part is that if the owner of the 60 acres had just played his cards right and only had a blind or two on that same place he'd still be harvesting 160"+ deer that came across the fence from the 12K acres next door. Now he is probably beside himself if he sees a deer!

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 07:47 PM

And that my friend is their choice. Unethical is in the eye of the beholder. If a man wants to hunt every part of his land that he owns or leases who are we to say he can't? It is also the right of the property owner who feels someone is taking advantage of hunting near a fence line to put up a high fence. Some feel that the fellow who put up the high fence , no matter the reason is unethical no matter how big of a place he may own. That being said, if you want to hunt every part of a piece of land you have control over go ahead, its your right. Same as high fencing,if you want to high fence a place off and hunt it , go ahead , its your place. Ethical is a broad term and is defined by each individual according to their own beliefs.
Posted By: NTX_Hunter

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 08:10 PM

if I owned 5 acres of land, i'm never going to "build up a herd of deer". So therefore, I'm shooting any deer on my land that I want to, as long as it's legal.

And the owner of the box blind definitely didn't put that big box blind up thinking it was hidden from you. He's probably not doing anything wrong. But I do understand the concerns of the OP

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 08:15 PM

This for sure.

lol one of my spots is a 1/4 acre lot... and ill hunt it whenever I feel like it. And be well within any laws

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 08:17 PM

And that my friend is their choice. Unethical is in the eye of the beholder. If a man wants to hunt every part of his land that he owns or leases who are we to say he can't? It is also the right of the property owner who feels someone is taking advantage of hunting near a fence line to put up a high fence. Some feel that the fellow who put up the high fence , no matter the reason is unethical no matter how big of a place he may own. That being said, if you want to hunt every part of a piece of land you have control over go ahead, its your right. Same as high fencing,if you want to high fence a place off and hunt it , go ahead , its your place. Ethical is a broad term and is defined by each individual according to their own beliefs.

Agreed

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 08:23 PM

Agreed

Now that all being said and agreed on, I myself will not hunt near a fence. Drive yes, but hunt never. I don't like it either but I believe in a man's right pretty hold heartily.

Posted By: wild1tx

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 11:16 PM

The blind looks like its older than dirt and the tree's probably grew around it.If the trees were trimed on your side I'd be a little upset too . But thet are not,try to have a talk with the guy and see what they are doing.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 11:37 PM

No sir - unethical is unethical - justifying something that is irresponsible or that affects your neighbor adversely is just wrong - you have the right on your property where your home is to put a huge spotlight on the edge of your property and shine it all night onto your neighbors yard and house - but is that the right thing to do?

I would never dream of placing a blind on my neighbors fence line no matter how big the properties are. It is called mutual and common respect

Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/06/14 11:38 PM

Or make that spot the new outhouse and eat lots of chili and cabbage.....

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/07/14 05:07 PM

No sir - unethical is unethical - justifying something that is irresponsible or that affects your neighbor adversely is just wrong - you have the right on your property where your home is to put a huge spotlight on the edge of your property and shine it all night onto your neighbors yard and house - but is that the right thing to do?

I would never dream of placing a blind on my neighbors fence line no matter how big the properties are. It is called mutual and common respect

Who determines what is ethical or not?
Posted By: Lipan Creep

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/07/14 10:53 PM

I dont see a poblem with it. Its on his land he can do what he wants.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/07/14 10:53 PM

would the example I used above be ethical in your opinion? Would you do that to your neighbor? Ethical to me is to treat other people with respect, common decency, and treat them the way I would want to be treated

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/07/14 11:26 PM

Ethical to me is minding my own business and not being nosy with my neighbors ............
Posted By: Matthew_Mur

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/08/14 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Cat-aholic
Ethical to me is minding my own business and not being nosy with my neighbors ............

Amen!
Posted By: Paluxy300blk

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/08/14 08:25 PM

Back before days of the Internet, we talked to people face to face or called them on the telephone to avoid such disputes.
Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/08/14 08:32 PM

We have several blinds on our property that are very close (within 20-30 yards) to the fenceline. Our feeders are away from the fence line facing into our property. We only hunt our side and don't poach or shoot over fencelines. It is our right. Until you can prove he is shooting over the fence then he is just fine.
Posted By: banderapass1

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/08/14 09:02 PM

I would make a very HIGH large brush pile on your property fence line that would block his window with a view to your property.Then if he moves his blind to another location down the fence line to a clear view of your property..you will then know the intentions of the person(s) in the blind..Then I would nicely speak with the property owner and let them know you will prosecute any trespassers on your property without written consent from you the property owner for any reason they are on your property..
I would also install game cameras with a good view of their blind hidden from their view..Then--if they are on your property and with a firearm they are in pretty bad trouble and you will have evidence against them..Even when they say..we never were on your property..you will have it..
Posted By: jrs_39

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/08/14 09:21 PM

Step One - place a fake deer 50 yards from the blind the night before opener.

If deer has an arrow sticking out of it from his direction:

Step Two

Posted By: scattergun

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/08/14 09:34 PM

Whine, Whine, Whine. If you dont like it buy him out! Worry about your side of the fence.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/08/14 11:16 PM

so at what acreage do you think it is possible to "sustain a viable, huntable deer population?"

and what if the guy bowhunts? or xbow hunts? would that be ok?

Maybe that is his fence line.

whose fence is it exactly?

Originally Posted By: Brandon A
Originally Posted By: traviselmore

I look at deer on other people's property all the time, I have yet to shoot one.

yep...just because he can see over there doesnt mean he is going to shoot. who doesnt want to see whats coming?

Posted By: jshouse

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/08/14 11:22 PM

also, what is the difference in that stand being where it is versus being 100 yards straight away where you could still see it? with a scope he would still be able to shoot over that fence if he wanted to. its better where he is, more than likely he will be shooting away from the fence and not towards it.

all the time i spend on this site and the posts and responses to those posts still amaze me. ya know the ol' saying, "if you shoot a buck just because you think if you dont the neighbor will, you are that neighbor?" thats why there are so many "i hate my neighbor" threads on here, because YALL ARE THOSE NEIGHBORS!

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/08/14 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse
also, what is the difference in that stand being where it is versus being 100 yards straight away where you could still see it? with a scope he would still be able to shoot over that fence if he wanted to. its better where he is, more than likely he will be shooting away from the fence and not towards it.

all the time i spend on this site and the posts and responses to those posts still amaze me. ya know the ol' saying, "if you shoot a buck just because you think if you dont the neighbor will, you are that neighbor?" thats why there are so many "i hate my neighbor" threads on here, because YALL ARE THOSE NEIGHBORS!
x2

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/09/14 02:45 PM

would the example I used above be ethical in your opinion? Would you do that to your neighbor? Ethical to me is to treat other people with respect, common decency, and treat them the way I would want to be treated
Its works both ways. Is it ethical for the OP to be complaining about the neighbor next door who he knows nothing about and assumes he put the blind there to hunt his place? Is it ethical for someone to tell someone else that they can't put a blind where they want on their own place? Is it ethical to complain to total strangers on the a forum about a neighbor he knows nothing about? We can go all day discussing what you , I and others think is ethical. What is and what isn't ethical is determined by the individual feelings about certain situations.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/09/14 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Cat-aholic
+1
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/09/14 02:56 PM

Brush pile.

A big one.

Re: Gotta love Neighbors like this.... - 01/09/14 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: tth_40
Brush pile.

A big one.
humongous one up your arse boxing
Posted By: assassinator