Texas Hunting Forum

Runnel's County History

Posted By: dogcatcher

Runnel's County History - 03/18/13 02:41 AM

For the ones that remember it, they will understand, for everyone else, it is just be an old rusted sign.

Posted By: 12pointer

Re: Runnel's County History - 03/18/13 06:48 PM

KC for 10!
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Runnel's County History - 03/18/13 11:47 PM

Fond memories, now I'm hungry!

Re: Runnel's County History - 03/18/13 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: 12pointer
KC for 10!

That would have fed 20. up

Originally Posted By: MikeC
Fond memories, now I'm hungry!

When we drove by it Saturday, my wife said you took me there a quite a few time, sad that it burned to the ground in the 70's.

The original Lowake Steakhouse was opened by John Zentner in 1947, his first of many steak houses across West Texas. No wall that is left is a tin building that has been built after it burned. Even the cotton gin is closed down.
Posted By: aeb

Re: Runnel's County History - 03/18/13 11:57 PM

Brings back great memories
Posted By: toolman

Re: Runnel's County History - 03/19/13 01:05 AM

Remember going there many times as a kid. The last time we went a few years ago was very disappointing. My mom used to own the old Webbs 277 Club between Bronte and San Angelo and Lowake was one of our favorites along with the restaurant at the old Dunbar Inn in downtown San Angelo.
Posted By: rico334

Re: Runnel's County History - 03/19/13 02:22 AM

Used to have it's own landing strip across the road... People would fly in from all over just to eat there.
Posted By: hornet527

Re: Runnel's County History - 03/19/13 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: toolman
Remember going there many times as a kid. The last time we went a few years ago was very disappointing. My mom used to own the old Webbs 277 Club between Bronte and San Angelo and Lowake was one of our favorites along with the restaurant at the old Dunbar Inn in downtown San Angelo.

Webbs 277 holy smokes!! not many people remember that! i spent a few there ! bet i knew your mom.

Re: Runnel's County History - 03/19/13 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: hornet527

Webbs 277 holy smokes!! not many people remember that! i spent a few there ! bet i knew your mom.

I had stopped there a few times in the old days. It has been many a year since then.
Posted By: toolman

Re: Runnel's County History - 03/19/13 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: hornet527

Possibly, her name was Joyce and then after we left, my aunt Mary bought it and was the owner when it burned down.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum