Texas Hunting Forum

Todays knives I finished up.

Posted By: bjankowski

Todays knives I finished up. - 03/06/13 11:40 PM

Here there I just finished up putting the finishing touches on today, all of them are 1095 Spring Steel heat treated to 59rc, and cold blued for rust prevention. The white one is White Burlap I used to make the micarta, the green and red ones I made from paper micarta. I haven't listed them on any forums for sale yet, I will in the morning, I'm too tired working in my shop all day. I'm going to ask 150.00 for the red one and 120.00 for the other two. Two of the blades are 1/8 thick in stock and the white one is 3/16 thick. The red one is a little longer than most of my blades because that's the size blade I use to process my meat with, works great for processing. The other two blades are 4 inches long.Feels good to be making knives for myself; I've been backed up with custom orders from long time customers and I'm finally catching up.
Tomorrow I'm going to start finishing up one I heat treated today with file work, that one I'm not sure what I'm going to do with yet; I'll just have to see what the day brings.

Posted By: TexfireLT

Re: Todays knives I finished up. - 03/07/13 02:38 AM

All 3 functional and solid! Nice work
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Todays knives I finished up. - 03/07/13 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: TexfireLT
All 3 functional and solid! Nice work

Thanks Tex.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum