Texas Hunting Forum

My Year in Review(pic heavy)

Posted By: Four Seasons Guide

My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/25/13 06:09 PM

Since it's pretty much the off-season I thought I'd go through my pictures from this season. Here are a few of the highlights. Hope you enjoy.

West Texas Mule Deer

God's Country. One of my favorite pics of the year

Bacon

Argentina Dove Hunt. It's everything you hear it is and then some. We ended up with over 21,000 dove in 3 days.

I could have shot a lot more daily but you really do get tired of shooting dove each hunt.

Making hamburger meat after our deer hunt. We ended up with about 200 lbs

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/25/13 06:13 PM

Did a little fishing as well.

Cabo with the GF

Matagorda trout and redfish

Posted By: jcarlson91

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/25/13 06:20 PM

Looks like a great year!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/25/13 06:27 PM

Looks like a very good year up Looks like it involved quite a few days to get it all done, when do you ever work? grin
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/25/13 06:30 PM

Dang.

I consider myself lucky to have a job where I can goof off some hunting and fishing but I think I need your job !!

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/25/13 06:50 PM

Thanks gents. It was definitely a good year. I do work a little but fortunately I get to work from the house and the air compressor business is going well. I think my hunting excursions are going to slow down this year since my best trophy in that Cabo picture is expecting a ring this summer.
Posted By: mikefinchmp

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/25/13 06:57 PM

Nice.. I have a buddy from work who does the Argentina Dove hunting trip.. It crazy the amount of ammo you go through..
Posted By: crstfr

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/25/13 09:58 PM

lol@that stack of birds!!! holy cow dude.!!!!....great pics!

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/26/13 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: crstfr
lol@that stack of birds!!! holy cow dude.!!!!....great pics!

Those are the holes from one afternoon. I was pretty surprised that we just left all of the birds in the field each hunt. The bird boys would pick up a few but 98% we left to the hawks, cara cara, etc. I will tell you that they make quick work of every single bird within a few hours. You'd be shocked at how fast they can clean out 3-5k birds before the next hunt.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/26/13 05:26 PM

great pics man
Posted By: Opossum21

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/27/13 02:10 AM

Sweet
Posted By: DSessom

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 02/27/13 05:20 PM

Wow! You da man!
Posted By: hillbillyhoghunter

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 03/01/13 10:02 PM

Why would they not give the birds to someone to be donated? Lot of meals to feed the hungry going to waste. Just saying
Posted By: themoonrulz

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 03/02/13 01:45 AM

wow very nice pics! Forgive me if I may be misinformed but isn't 21,000 birds a bit excessive? I mean is that a normal number for a three day hunt? The dove may be extremely abundant but it seems that 21K will put a pretty big dent in the dove population. Again I have no idea so I'd like to be informed.
Posted By: hacksaw76

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 03/02/13 02:20 AM

looks like a good year. congrats
Posted By: BPence

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 03/02/13 02:58 AM

Looks like a great time. Cannot wait to do the Argentina dove hunt myself.
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 03/02/13 03:55 AM

The # of birds was impressive. But that West Texas Mulie banana
Posted By: dilleydog7

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 03/02/13 07:47 AM

nice

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 03/03/13 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: themoonrulz
wow very nice pics! Forgive me if I may be misinformed but isn't 21,000 birds a bit excessive? I mean is that a normal number for a three day hunt? The dove may be extremely abundant but it seems that 21K will put a pretty big dent in the dove population. Again I have no idea so I'd like to be informed.

It's really not. 40 million dove live in Cordoba Valley and they never migrate. You can't imagine how many dove there are.

As far as not keeping any, the outfitter said they used to give them to the locals but it became a health hazard sometimes because they didn't get cleaned and cooked or frozen sometimes and people were getting sick.
Posted By: TexfireLT

Re: My Year in Review(pic heavy) - 03/03/13 05:26 PM

Great year!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum