Texas Hunting Forum

Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy!

Posted By: DSessom

Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/17/13 03:36 PM

Yeah, yeah, I know. Impractical, overpriced toys but they sure are fun to shoot and always get attention at the range!
I had wanted a Desert Eagle for years just because, and came across 2 within a couple weeks of each other. The parts are all interchangable so I made them two-tone and they kinda look like a matching set this way.
The one with the silver barrel is .44 Mag, and the black barrel is .50AE.

Here are the pride and joy of my collection. Post yours if you have 'em!

Posted By: jcarlson91

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/17/13 03:58 PM

up
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/17/13 04:50 PM

Nice
Posted By: blancobuster

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/17/13 04:55 PM

nice, guy on our lease hunts all the time with his
Posted By: Huntsmanda

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/17/13 05:00 PM

I shot a .50 DE one time. It was gold colored. Heaviest pistol I've ever shot and after two rounds, I'm glad I still had teeth. Good Lord that thing kicked. I almost dropped the dang thing...

Your's both look great. Love that black and silver! cool
Posted By: quackaholic1

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/17/13 05:39 PM

up

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/17/13 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Huntsmanda
I shot a .50 DE one time. It was gold colored. Heaviest pistol I've ever shot and after two rounds, I'm glad I still had teeth. Good Lord that thing kicked. I almost dropped the dang thing...

Your's both look great. Love that black and silver! cool

Thanks! Yeah, they are heavy! The .44 doesn't kick too bad but the .50 definately requires some control or it can get away from you. LOL
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/17/13 06:46 PM

Sweet pistols
Posted By: Oxxon

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/17/13 07:00 PM

up
Posted By: DocBailey

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/18/13 07:09 PM

those are two bada** guns!
Posted By: HuntFish512

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/19/13 12:38 AM

lease owners had one when i was idk 15, his wife (who was maybe 90lbs soaked) loved to shoot it after a mag the wieght would get to her ( and she would put the last 2 rounds in the dirt lol) but she loved it. it was a 50 ae I shot it a bit didnt find it hard to control at all in fact ive shot .357 revolvers that were way worse.
Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/19/13 01:07 AM

Awesome pistols! I have always wanted a DE 50, just cant justify it lol.
Posted By: txd33rhunt3r

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/19/13 01:30 AM

those are sweet looking!
Posted By: MBTECH85

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/19/13 03:22 AM

Nice!
Posted By: Ron H

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/19/13 03:34 AM

It is funny because today I was thinking I "needed" a DE 50. Nothing happening about it. You just reinforced my idea.

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/19/13 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Ron H
It is funny because today I was thinking I "needed" a DE 50. Nothing happening about it. You just reinforced my idea.

Glad to be of help! laugh

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/19/13 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntFish512
lease owners had one when i was idk 15, his wife (who was maybe 90lbs soaked) loved to shoot it after a mag the wieght would get to her ( and she would put the last 2 rounds in the dirt lol) but she loved it. it was a 50 ae I shot it a bit didnt find it hard to control at all in fact ive shot .357 revolvers that were way worse.

It's not hard for ME to control, but most people that have shot it nearly dropped it the first round. I fire it one handed all the time, but I cannot imagine any .357 having more recoil than a .50AE.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/19/13 04:47 PM

Imagine dual wielding those babies!

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/19/13 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Imagine dual wielding those babies!

I don't have to imagine... I've done it a few times! laugh
Posted By: chevyext02

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/21/13 09:33 PM

Once again nice pieces you got there
Posted By: Opossum21

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/22/13 01:30 AM

Nice pistols
Posted By: DAdams

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/22/13 05:25 PM

Nice looking pistols.

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/22/13 07:54 PM

Thanks all! I do enjoy that pair of pea shooters.
Posted By: takerofsouls

Re: Any Desert Eagle owners here? These are my pride and joy! - 02/23/13 08:00 PM

I have a chrome 50....love it. I have his chrome little brother in 45 acp.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum