Texas Hunting Forum

Some homeade knives finished today

Posted By: randallss7

Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 03:01 AM

1st is a 9.5 hunter in camo g-10 and 3/16" s30v, 416 stainless bolster with single Mosaic nine 1/6" 416 stainless pins, lanyard tube with camo and black paracord lanyard. Sheath 7-9 oz leather.

2nd is a 8 3/4" TAC/Hunter in black and olive green g-10, single Nickel silver and copper Mosaic, lanyard tube with black and camo paracord lanyard, blade is 3/16" 1095ch with parkerized finish. blade is 4".

3rd up is another 9.5 hunter in Orange and black G-10, blade is 3/16" s30v, handle has a 416 stainless bolster with 9 1/16" stainless pins and of course Mosaic, lanyard tube and black and orange paracord lanyard.

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 03:02 AM

9.5 hunter blade is s30v, handle is Iron wood, 416 stainless bolster, with single Mosiac lanyard tube and 9 1/16" pin layout.

and last but not least, my son made one today his 3rd knife. 8.5" long, 3/16" thick 1095hc blade, handle is large brass bolster with brass pins, orange and black g-10 handle, with orange and black paracord lanyard.

Posted By: lharrell79

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 03:34 AM

That's pretty good for some homeade work. Are you selling these?
Posted By: Mr Lebowski

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 06:38 AM

WOW...... WOW......WOW You have some mad skilz!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 01:32 PM

Great work

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: lharrell79

lol thanks, I sell them yes, but these are spoken fore unless the customer backs out, then the guys on the list behind them back out...lol. thanks for looking I would of never figured I would have such an interest in these knives, I gave them away for years. Well my Son may want to sell his, I haven't ask.
Posted By: father of 4

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 01:45 PM

Looking great
Posted By: lharrell79

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: randallss7

lol thanks, I sell them yes, but these are spoken fore unless the customer backs out, then the guys on the list behind them back out...lol. thanks for looking I would of never figured I would have such an interest in these knives, I gave them away for years. Well my Son may want to sell his, I haven't ask.

PMed you some questions. Also, are you a member of bladeforums.com? If you took your work over there, you could make a business out of them.
Posted By: rtp

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 02:21 PM

Outstanding. I dont normally get to excited about knives but those are WOW!

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 04:33 PM

Sheath work starts, one down...man I need someone to do the leather work for me...lol

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 06:42 PM

sheath 2 down

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 08:36 PM

one more down, one more to go.

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 11:03 PM

Fingers....are...sore but I got them all done, I only have time to work on knives on weekends any more, and hunting season is coming up so I'm trying to pump some out.

Posted By: jcarlson91

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/16/12 11:48 PM

awesome

Re: Some homeade knives finished today - 09/17/12 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: randallss7

PMed you some questions. Also, are you a member of bladeforums.com? If you took your work over there, you could make a business out of them.

No I just post on a couple hunting sights, and that keeps me more than busy, I am just a part time hobby knife maker and only get to do it on weekends. With hunting season coming up I will not be making many until I get all my hunt out.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum