Texas Hunting Forum

Stephens county??

Posted By: dlrz71

Stephens county?? - 12/06/11 01:59 AM

Anybody got anything from Stephens county thus far? I have only gotten 3 good bucks on camera but not enough pics to tell if they make AR's or not and none of them during the day.

Posted By: mightyp

Re: Stephens county?? - 12/06/11 02:58 AM

seen a couple, one real nice one, but couldnt get a shot,my wife shot a okay 8 ptr(15.5") inside spread,same day she got hers we saw one a little smaller(13-14" spread)I saw one alittle bigger than hers saturday but passed. We have a couple of 4ptrs and atleast 4 spikes making the rounds.

Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Stephens county?? - 12/06/11 03:45 AM

We have some nice bucks on cameras, but everything seems to be nocturnal. One of my hunters has been out since Thanksgiving full time and has not seen anything during the day. I haven't talked to him today since the front moved through and it snowed. Pretty weird to say the least.

Posted By: Waylon A.

Re: Stephens county?? - 12/06/11 02:29 PM

Buck activity has been extremely slow. I've only seen one doe being chased on my place so far this season.

Posted By: Hoyt32

Re: Stephens county?? - 12/06/11 11:05 PM

only seen 3 tiny bucks while in the stand all season. 2 halfway decent ones on camera and only a couple does on camera. pretty crappy

Posted By: shanebcb

Re: Stephens county?? - 12/07/11 12:45 AM

We havent seen what we did last year by far, but it hasnt been too bad. We passed on alot of decent bucks last year that didnt seem to grow much this year. One of our hunters was out this past weekend and said he saw more movement than all year. Only one buck killed this year so far decent 10 and one doe. We have some good pics though only real early and real late. We hunt about 5 miles south of breckenridge.

Shane

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum