Texas Hunting Forum

Packed my camera to the deer stand (lavaca county)this morning pic heavy

Posted By: huntandfish

Packed my camera to the deer stand (lavaca county)this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 07:44 PM

Hog/deer feeder/looking out left window of stand at 120 yards. I also have a double 16' bowstand 20 yards to the left of this feeder.

Main deer feeder with anti hog pen put up a week ago today 80 yards away.

Posted By: JCB

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 07:46 PM

Great pics but I was expecting to see a blood bath after that pig pic.

Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 07:48 PM

Great pics but I like this one the best.

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 07:51 PM

Did'nt want to blast away with the deer right there. My other half was about to bust a sow yesterday evening out of the bowstand with her crossbow, but the sow got spooky and hauled a$$, then a burly haired big boar come flying through the brush on her trail. She could'nt get a shot on the boar, told her next time she can pack her .243.

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 07:53 PM

Posted By: clharr

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 07:58 PM

Great pics! I take my camera with me every time I go out. What camera are you using? Looks to have some decent zoom.

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 08:23 PM

NICE PICS!! you have some nice young bucks running around the place!!

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 08:25 PM

It's a sony cyber shot, with the 10x reg or 20x digital zoom. Some pics turned out a little grainy, did'nt have it on the correct settings, it has way to many settings on it. Worst thing is that I had it on 8m, instead of vga, so I had to resize them, it seems like it takes forever on photobucket!! Lot's of nice young deer, I've been trying to find something with a little age, looking for this sneaky sucker.

Posted By: Dude Briggs

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 08:53 PM

wow, just take your pick

Posted By: swmays

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 08:55 PM

Nice pics. Wish I had as many animals running around my place...

Posted By: Jeff Williams Outdoors

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 09:32 PM

Is the hog pen working well.....? Seems to be from the pics. What are the dimensions on the panels?

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 09:54 PM

The panels are the economy cattle panels from tsc, which was 50" and they we're cut in two. So they are now 25" tall. The t-post we're 6', but they we're cut in two also. So it is eight panels 16' long/25" tall. Total price for the pen was a around 120 bucks new. Mine was given to me for free, but on the same day we put one up at my fathers feeder using the same material. So far no hogs have gotten in it, besideds the very little ones, who don't stick around for long since the sow can't get in!! I can't believe the deer are in good shape considering the sandy soil and the drought!!

Posted By: Highcountry

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 10:07 PM

nice pics.

Posted By: highlonesome1

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 10:08 PM

You got it all. Exellent set up.

Posted By: Tres

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 10:27 PM

Good looking spot, and cool pics.

Posted By: majekman

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 10:48 PM

Great looking set up. Your in for a lotta fun there. Good Luck.

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 11:10 PM

Good lookin deer!! Why that chunk of an 8 not down?haha...got a better one spotted or just scouting?

Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/14/11 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Highcountry
nice pics.

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 12:32 AM

I've seen a few more real nice deer, got a few game cameras out on different sides of the property. This is a new lease for us, my old lease was about 2 miles from this one. Still gettting the feel for this one, it has a bunch of sloughs, low water, bunch of places that one can't go when we have normal rainfall. Lot of property for deer to grow up in and never be bothered much. Some places remind me of a dang jungle!!

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 01:00 AM

Nice bucks and pics.

Posted By: NDN98

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 01:02 AM

nice bucks

Posted By: tx outlaw

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 01:03 AM

coolpics

Posted By: thechopblock

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 01:28 AM

X2!

Posted By: BOONER

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 01:43 AM

Them boys are already swole up?

Posted By: B_B_D

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 04:21 AM

Awesome pics!

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 05:33 AM

What a great looking set-up.Good luck and take more pictures.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 06:32 AM

nice, what part of lavaca county u in?? I hunt kinda by the crossroads

Posted By: BORN2HUNT

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 04:27 PM

Nice

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/15/11 07:01 PM

between speaks and vienna brandon a!

Posted By: Mountain hunter

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/16/11 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: HuntingTexas
Great pics but I like this one the best.

X2, very cool picture!

Posted By: TMonjure

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/16/11 03:11 PM

Nice Pics!

Posted By: Clint1128

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/21/11 03:34 AM

Love the pic with the hogs in the back of the feeder .. Looks like the hogs are ready for war .

Posted By: B_Bop77

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/21/11 03:11 PM

huntandfish do you by chance know any of the Hrncir clan?

Posted By: cameron00

Re: Packed my camera to the deer stand this morning pic heavy - 10/21/11 03:17 PM

Love Lavaca County. Great pics.

Why didn't you shoot the hogs?

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum