Texas Hunting Forum

Dodge Megacab Surgery

Posted By: GUTIT

Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:08 AM

Many of you have seen my personal truck and know of my ongoing build of it. I have just completed the 8 foot bed conversion and could not be happier. The ride has improved dramatically, it looks more balanced and is only 8 inches longer than 4 door, 8 foot bed Super Duty, but with a better cab. The way Dodge should have done it. Still runs like a bat out of Hell (conversion only added 220 pounds to total weight).

Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:09 AM

Looks good. My dmax is lifted with an 8ft bed and rides like a tank!

Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: GUTIT
only 8 inches longer than 4 door, 8 foot bed Super Duty, but with a better cab.

Negative, its still a Dodge.

Posted By: BMD

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:16 AM

That's awesome clap

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:19 AM

BMD,You do the AC mod yet?

Posted By: BMD

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:20 AM

Not yet smile

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:22 AM

You need to borrow my generator, heard Walmart has a sale on window units......

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:25 AM

No need, I have modified AC also. Blows ice cubes and my hat off. I sent BMD the instructions, you are welcome to them also. Do you have a megacab?

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
You need to borrow my generator, heard Walmart has a sale on window units......
rofl

Posted By: TX1120

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:33 AM

Looks great! Whats this AC mod your talking about?

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:54 AM

There are 2 of them, first is removing the plastic filter in dash that diverts airflow to rear from front dash to rear cab vents. It is too fine and blocks too much air to dash vents. Dash air flow will literally blow your hat off your head and still cools rear of cab. Second is a valve on heater core line running thru recirc box. The heat from the antifreeze heats the air in the recirc box so the Ac is fighting the antifreeze temp that comes thru the hose. You close the valve during the summer which diverts the coolant to a factory bypass loop. When cold weather begins, you just open the valve. I gained 14 degrees colder air from system by just doing this mod. PM me for more info.

Posted By: J PECK

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:57 AM

PM Sent

Posted By: JCB

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 03:00 AM

Man that looks great!!!

I wanted the Mega Cab when I bought mine but I couldnt get the long bed because they didnt make it. I needed the bed room more than the cab room so I just bought the quad cab with long bed.

When I asked why they didnt offer the Mega Cab with long bed the salesman said it would be too long to be street legal in some areas so they didnt offer it. Not sure if he knew what he was talking about but thats what he said.

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 03:07 AM

Economics, megacab and 4 door crew cab share same frame. It was not economically feasible to design a new frame for just one longbed model of the truck based on proposed sales. We can do yours in 8-10 days.

Posted By: SLT

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 03:55 AM

I wonder if this AC trick will work on a Ford ?

Posted By: Chopped54

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 04:10 AM

Looks good!
The Megacab 3500 bed conversions are killer!

Posted By: cibolo

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 04:12 AM

did you have it done locally or did you ship it to Idaho or where ever they do the factory approved conversion?

if you had it done in Texas i would like a contact number since it sounds like your are very pleased with the finished product.

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 04:12 AM

That yours?

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 04:15 AM

Many of you have seen my personal truck and know of my ongoing build of it. I have just completed the 8 foot bed conversion and could not be happier. The ride has improved dramatically, it looks more balanced and is only 8 inches longer than 4 door, 8 foot bed Super Duty, but with a better cab. The way Dodge should have done it. Still runs like a bat out of Hell (conversion only added 220 pounds to total weight).

Mine was done here in Texas. PM me for more info.

Posted By: dr730

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 04:32 AM

Awesome! If you post this on dodgetalk.com I will nominate you for a truck of the month award! Seriously. Nice job!

Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 11:48 AM

Thats real nice! I will never understand why they make a shortbed 3/4 and 1 ton truck.

Posted By: father of 4

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 11:55 AM

Very nice. Bet its heck to park that ship though lol

Posted By: janie

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 12:58 PM

Wow. I'm guessing that trying to navigate that thru the drive up window at Taco Hell will be a challenge. smile

Looks fantastic. up

Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 01:06 PM

Just what you needed GUTIT.....A long bed Mega Cab for you Mega Head!! LOL!

Seriously, this is a nice truck and I am very surprised at how balanced it now looks with the long bed. Bet she looks great rolling down the asphalt!

Are you bringing it to the lease this weekend?

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
Just what you needed GUTIT.....A long bed Mega Cab for you Mega Head!! LOL!

Seriously, this is a nice truck and I am very surprised at how balanced it now looks with the long bed. Bet she looks great rolling down the asphalt!

Are you bringing it to the lease this weekend?

My Mega Head?...MY MEGAHEAD?......Brother, that melon of yours belongs in a jar at the circus making $1.00 per view in a dimly lit tent. POT CALL KETTLE BLACK

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: janie
Wow. I'm guessing that trying to navigate that thru the drive up window at Taco Hell will be a challenge. smile

Looks fantastic. up

Thanks Janie, long as she fits thru the beer barn I am good to go.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:47 PM

No ford, but I do miss my old 12valve cummins...best diesel engine ever
No need, I have modified AC also. Blows ice cubes and my hat off. I sent BMD the instructions, you are welcome to them also. Do you have a megacab?

Posted By: dkershen

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/16/11 02:59 PM

Love the conversion bud... And love my MegaCab. Now you got me thinking about doing the same.

Posted By: John2

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/17/11 05:30 PM

When the megacab came out I wanted one so bad but I pull a fifth wheel camper and that short bed wouldn't work.It took me a year maybe 2 before I found this guy that did the conversion from a short bed to the 8' bed.Rumors were going around about dodge adding a exhaust brake to the automatic trans so I continued to wait until I decided to get get my current truck.I spent some time on the phone with this guy back then but that was some time back.

his main page

his photo gallery

Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/17/11 06:13 PM

Did Central Texas Frame and Allingment do those for you?

Posted By: jim1961

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/18/11 01:15 AM

I really like it

Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/18/11 02:47 PM

You should change your handle here to MEGA HEAD!!!!!!! rofl

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/18/11 03:02 PM

bolt

Posted By: txbowhunter2006

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/18/11 04:09 PM

what programmer are you running. i am running an h and s performance xrt. cray the horsepower and torque i got from this programmer and my fuel mileage got better

Posted By: John2

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/18/11 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasWicked1
Did Central Texas Frame and Allingment do those for you?

I didn't get a mega cab for several reasons but if I had, those people would of done the conversion.I don't know if there are other shops around but i'm sure they are.

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/20/11 09:17 PM

Anyone interested in a conversion. PM me.

Posted By: Brandon972

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 08/22/11 02:37 AM

You always park your truck in the front yard ? rofl

You can take the rdneck out of the country but you cant take the country out of the redneck !!! clap

Posted By: KSalcedo222

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 09/19/11 07:50 PM

eek2

Posted By: Superduty

Re: Dodge Megacab Surgery - 09/19/11 10:15 PM

Good Looking Dodges!

Shane

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum