What do you Think??

Posted By: Blank

What do you Think?? - 07/11/22 11:15 PM

Question of the Day

How strong do you like your coffee???

I want it to show up on a drug test!!! smile
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/12/22 12:44 PM

If it doesn't kick in my two front teeth on the way in, I don't want it. I like to chew my coffee.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/12/22 01:07 PM

When you stand a spoon in it and it falls to the side of the cup it is weak.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/12/22 01:26 PM

I think y'all were the guys that made the coffee at the trade school that I attended in Louisiana. You could use that stuff for tire black.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/12/22 01:53 PM

My dad's family ran the print shop at the San Antonio Express News. We always referred to it needing to be "printers' ink".
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/12/22 04:32 PM

Strong and black.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/12/22 08:00 PM

Black as hell and strong as death!

So strong it wakes up the neighborhood!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ders26

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/12/22 08:07 PM

There is a really good stand up with Bert Kreischer about how he likes his coffee.
Posted By: mikei

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/12/22 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Blank
Question of the Day

I like mine very strong and black. And after a few years roaming the world in the WWII submarine Navy, I came to like a splash of hydraulic fluid in it. If I couldn't see the cat's eyes in it, I wasn't happy.

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/12/22 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by mikei
Question of the Day

I like mine very strong and black. And after a few years roaming the world in the WWII submarine Navy, I came to like a splash of hydraulic fluid in it. If I couldn't see the cat's eyes in it, I wasn't happy.

Machinist Mate on a diesel? Thanks for your service.
Posted By: Jamoke

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/15/22 04:54 PM

A work buddy of mine asked me to help him move some heavy furniture. He was getting his own place because he was getting a divorce. When we were at his house his ex wife was there, she was pretty and friendly. She seemed pretty pleasant about the whole thing. Offered to make sandwiches and Ice tea. When We left his house I asked him why he was getting a divorce?... He said because he likes his women the same way he likes his coffee... Not full of Dicks...

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/15/22 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Question of the Day

No, I was a fire control technician, but we all got most of our coffee from a common pot, in the chow hall, critically located right beneath the drip pan that caught the oil from the junction of three hydraulic hoses!

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/15/22 09:55 PM

No, I was a fire control technician, but we all got most of our coffee from a common pot, in the chow hall, critically located right beneath the drip pan that caught the oil from the junction of three hydraulic hoses![/quote]

FTG here on a tin can. Coffee from mess also but no oil to spice it up.
Posted By: Gary Olson

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/16/22 11:20 PM

Must have the same aroma going out as going in.

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/17/22 11:54 AM

No, I was a fire control technician, but we all got most of our coffee from a common pot, in the chow hall, critically located right beneath the drip pan that caught the oil from the junction of three hydraulic hoses!

FTG here on a tin can. Coffee from mess also but no oil to spice it up.
[/quote]
Thank you for your service! You tin can sailors were real sailors, ridin' those cans as they plowed through the waves: under one and over two. Sometimes.
Posted By: jeffnsa

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/18/22 02:35 PM

FC2 on two cruiser and one carrier. 55b radar, mk 74 radar, harpoon tech, and mk 86 gfcs.

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/19/22 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by jeffnsa
FC2 on two cruiser and one carrier. 55b radar, mk 74 radar, harpoon tech, and mk 86 gfcs.

FTG4 here and you had the new stuff. LOL Look at the picture of mine here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_I_Fire_Control_Computer.

It was run by a computer bank that was 6' tall, 2' deep, and 12' long and consisted of over 500 old fashion vacuum tubes. Any time we had really rough water we worked non stop testing and replacing them because if one went out our whole system had to go manual.
Posted By: jeffnsa

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/20/22 05:21 PM

I had the oppertunity to work on the mk 1a in great mistakes Ill. great way to learn tube theory.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/20/22 11:13 PM

Question of the Day

thanks for your service
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: What do you Think?? - 07/26/22 09:01 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: duffas

Re: What do you Think?? - 10/24/22 03:25 PM

MIL always joked strong and black. We got ours from the gunny shack. Cat eyes were if somebody forgot the salt in the Al pot. MT/FTM2. Ship was flag for the cuban blockade. Actually was n the harpoon design team.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: What do you Think?? - 10/24/22 04:43 PM

Our coffee pot in the office comes with premeasured packets. I get here the earliest so I make the coffee with 3 of the premeasured packets. One is a waste of water, 2 is a waste of coffee and 3 I can enjoy it. 4 will make you shake. rofl
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: What do you Think?? - 10/24/22 05:32 PM

Black and strong. If it looks like used diesel motor oil that went a few thousand miles over the service interval, then that it perfect coffee.

edit - don't get any of that nasty cream or sugar anywhere near my coffee!
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: What do you Think?? - 10/31/22 01:44 AM

Retired SMC that got forced into the QM rate here. If the coffee will float a belaying pin it is almost fit to drink.
Posted By: Stub

Re: What do you Think?? - 11/03/22 02:28 PM

2 cups before 7 with a splash of milk then done.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rglover

Re: What do you Think?? - 11/21/22 02:43 AM

strong and black
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: What do you Think?? - 12/19/22 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
2 cups before 7 with a splash of milk then done.

[Linked Image]

Milk??? Belongs in a cereal bowl, a tittie, or a glass. Not in coffee. Harden up Stub.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: What do you Think?? - 12/19/22 01:52 PM

Black or with a touch of honey.

It's strong enough when you can thread a sewing machine....with it running.
Posted By: pertnear

Re: What do you Think?? - 12/19/22 02:53 PM

I saw these at Walmart. Mrs. Pertnear wouldn't let me buy them. She said I already yell too much at the TV!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JDH875

Re: What do you Think?? - 12/22/22 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jamoke
A work buddy of mine asked me to help him move some heavy furniture. He was getting his own place because he was getting a divorce. When we were at his house his ex wife was there, she was pretty and friendly. She seemed pretty pleasant about the whole thing. Offered to make sandwiches and Ice tea. When We left his house I asked him why he was getting a divorce?... He said because he likes his women the same way he likes his coffee... Not full of Dicks...

grin grin grin
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: What do you Think?? - 12/22/22 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by JDH875
Originally Posted by Jamoke

grin grin grin

Feel bad for your friend, but the comment did get a belly laugh from me...

and good coffee for me is when my spoon floats to surface. I had an old rancher tell me a couple of years ago that I made my coffee a bit strong for him...best compliment I've ever gotten.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: What do you Think?? - 12/23/22 01:25 PM

To each his own. I only drink mine black but wife has to have sugar and cream. I don’t want to either float or dissolve the spoon but I don’t want coffee kool aid.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: What do you Think?? - 12/23/22 04:32 PM

Like my wife, cold and bitter.
Posted By: tigger

Re: What do you Think?? - 12/23/22 08:58 PM

Best bs thread this week
[censored] is three pickup loads deep
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum