Posted By: KG68

My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/12/15 02:33 PM

Nuff said.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/12/15 03:55 PM

dang same those are the same refs that cheated the lions..man o man
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/12/15 06:50 PM

Maybe they need to do the rule book in braille too.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/12/15 07:28 PM

It's no longer a contest of ability.
Too much money involved.

When you're watching think "pro wrasslin'" and you'll feel much better whatever the outcome.
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/12/15 10:15 PM

Looked like he caught the ball to me and then reached out with it to try to get it in the end zone. All told, I figure he caught the ball and was down on the 1 yard line. Cowboys probably could have driven into the end zone on the next play and won the game or, they might have been thrown back for a loss and screwed up but in all probability they most likely would have won the game.
If we forget the pass, let's say he was just running and did the exact same thing, he was going down and stuck the ball out to try to get it in the end zone, there would have been no issue. He definitely caught the ball and pulled it down. No question.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/01/dallas_cowboys_vs_green_bay_pa_9.html
If you look at the bottom video and imagine he was just running with the football- no pass involved- definitely reaching out trying to get the ball into the end zone. In my humble opinion.
Posted By: bcranch

Re: My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/12/15 10:26 PM

I remember when they only had to catch the ball, not make a "football move" hold it for 20 minutes, and shoot a TV commercial for it to be called a catch...
Posted By: tigger

Re: My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/12/15 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave Scott
Looked like he caught the ball to me and then reached out with it to try to get it in the end zone. All told, I figure he caught the ball and was down on the 1 yard line. Cowboys probably could have driven into the end zone on the next play and won the game or, they might have been thrown back for a loss and screwed up but in all probability they most likely would have won the game.
If we forget the pass, let's say he was just running and did the exact same thing, he was going down and stuck the ball out to try to get it in the end zone, there would have been no issue. He definitely caught the ball and pulled it down. No question.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/01/dallas_cowboys_vs_green_bay_pa_9.html
If you look at the bottom video and imagine he was just running with the football- no pass involved- definitely reaching out trying to get the ball into the end zone. In my humble opinion.

Yes but a pass was involved
Posted By: RedHoss

Re: My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/12/15 11:43 PM

I stated the same thing on here but got pretty well slammed for it. I see I'm not the only one that saw that "legitimate catch". That bad game changing call has also been shown over and over on TV and talked about by sports reporters across the country that did not agree with the challenge ruling so there are a lot of people across the country that know Dallas got shafted.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/13/15 12:06 AM

jerry says it best

“I do think he made it, yes, and we had the opportunity to look at several angles up there, where I was sitting, and the answer is I do,” Jones said. “But we’ve had a lot — certainly we had the call last week in our game with Detroit, we had the ruling on [the NFL reversing the suspension of Detroit’s Ndamukong] Suh before that, so we’ve had a lot of re-looks at things around here, sometimes they go for you and sometimes they don’t.”
Posted By: Gary Olson

Re: My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/13/15 01:37 AM

That was an outstanding catch by an outstanding player. But a great player knows when and if his stretch for the goal line will score; and when he should accept what he has achieved.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: My Take on the Cowboys Loss - 01/13/15 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary Olson
That was an outstanding catch by an outstanding player. But a great player knows when and if his stretch for the goal line will score; and when he should accept what he has achieved.

Good point. If he tucks in that ball, there are 30 less pages of "bad call" commentary.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum