Texas Hunting Forum

WIERD EXPERIENCES HAVE YOU HAD ONE??????

Posted By: Flashprism

WIERD EXPERIENCES HAVE YOU HAD ONE?????? - 02/27/13 10:21 PM

I was archery hunting out of a tree stand and a doe and 2 yearlings came below me. I made a bad hit on the doe a bit high in the center back and she took off. The yearlings just stood there. I shot one of the yearlings through the heart and it dropped. My buddy and I spent about 3.5 hours looking for the doe with minimum blood trail and never found her. Long story longer I came back to this stand during fire arms season 6 weeks later and to my shock my custom made arrow with 2 white and one orange feather fletch that I shot the doe with was broken in 3 pieces at the base of the stand. I have never been able to rationaalize this occuring. Do you guys have any ideas.
Posted By: RedHoss

Re: WIERD EXPERIENCES HAVE YOU HAD ONE?????? - 02/27/13 11:34 PM

My dad and I were hunting in West Tesas years ago. I dropped him off a his stand in the afternoon and went on to mine. During the hunt I heard him shoot. When I went to pick him up, he had a buck on the ground right where it fell which was about fifteen yards from his stand. He said the buck walked by broadside to him, he shot it, it fell dead in it's tracks but he could not find the bullet hole. We field dressed the deer, skinned the deer and quartered the deer. There were two broken ribs, a bloody area around the ribs on the skinned body, a lot of blood in the chest cavity but no sign of a bullet hole in the skin or meat. We scrapped the inside of the skin clean and still found no bullet hole. Unless the bullet just expolded on impact and that impact force killed it, we never knew what killed that deer. That has always been a puzzle to us.
Posted By: smh264

Re: WIERD EXPERIENCES HAVE YOU HAD ONE?????? - 03/02/13 05:47 AM

Flashprism, sounds like someone other than a bowhunter found the doe, probably dead and decided to send a message. Its about the only thing that would make sense.
Posted By: hallfns

Re: WIERD EXPERIENCES HAVE YOU HAD ONE?????? - 03/02/13 09:09 PM

Well this one time at band camp.....
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: WIERD EXPERIENCES HAVE YOU HAD ONE?????? - 03/02/13 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: hallfns
Well this one time at band camp.....

LOL
Posted By: Jon B

Re: WIERD EXPERIENCES HAVE YOU HAD ONE?????? - 03/04/13 09:13 AM

SUPER DEER
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum