Texas Hunting Forum

The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good

Posted By: Rockinmyshoe

The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/02/12 10:03 PM

Recently, while I was working in the flower

beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from

walking their dog.

During our friendly conversation, I asked their little

girl what she wanted to be when she grows up.

She said she wanted

to be President some day.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats,

were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the

first thing you would do?"

She replied... "I'd give food and houses

to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with

pride!

"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait

until you're President to do that!" I told her.

"What do you mean?"

she replied.

So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the

lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over

to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the

$50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few

seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the

homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the

$50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents

aren't speaking to me

Posted By: East

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/02/12 10:04 PM

Greatness

Posted By: swmays

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/02/12 10:12 PM

I like that!!!

Posted By: Big A

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/02/12 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: East...
Greatness

up

Posted By: dee

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/02/12 10:15 PM

Nicely played, sir.

Posted By: Labman

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/02/12 10:26 PM

Greatness

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/02/12 10:35 PM

Great post

Posted By: texasag93

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/02/12 10:57 PM

It is true.

They stopped talking to me, but that is not a bad thing.......

Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/03/12 02:34 AM

WINNING!

Posted By: Humble pie

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/03/12 06:09 PM

Thats pretty good but if she had converted completely to Republican, she would have said Ok to your first proposition. Then got the homeless man to do the work for $10 and pocketed the rest. grin

Posted By: therock

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/03/12 10:59 PM

Thats pretty good but if she had converted completely to Republican, she would have said Ok to you first proposition. Then got the homeless man to do the work for $10 and pocketed the rest. (Quote from Stangfish)

That is great!!!

Posted By: Txtrapper10

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/04/12 11:15 PM

up

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/04/12 11:59 PM

So very true

Posted By: SR025

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/06/12 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Big A
Greatness

up

Posted By: Omar

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/07/12 11:44 PM

Reap what you sow!!

Posted By: cody2422

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/09/12 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: therock
Thats pretty good but if she had converted completely to Republican, she would have said Ok to you first proposition. Then got the homeless man to do the work for $10 and pocketed the rest. (Quote from Stangfish)

That is great!!!

If that is what the market will allow, I call her a venture capitalist.

Posted By: Stevarino

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/13/12 08:07 PM

perfect!

Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: The $50 Lesson ( I'm sure this has been around the horn but still good - 03/16/12 02:50 PM

up

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum