Texas Hunting Forum

Disabled Hunter Opportunities

Posted By: RoadBlock

Disabled Hunter Opportunities - 11/09/14 12:17 AM

I have been blessed to go on a hunt with Rise Adaptive sports. I leave tomorrow for a 3 day hunt. This is an excellent opportunity for any disabled Hunter to get out amongst fellow disabled hunters. Here is a link to get involved I hope you all are blessed like I have been.

The link: http://www.riseadaptivesports.org/wp/adult-hunting/
Posted By: Terry Chester

Re: Disabled Hunter Opportunities - 11/10/14 12:26 AM

Congratulations.

Give us a full report when you get a chance.
Posted By: wheelz

Re: Disabled Hunter Opportunities - 11/10/14 08:45 PM

Yes good luck & report back... with pics!
Posted By: retired_ole_sargent

Re: Disabled Hunter Opportunities - 11/25/14 03:03 PM

Ray we want a good report! grin

Re: Disabled Hunter Opportunities - 11/25/14 04:42 PM

Well, the hunt was a lot of fun, met some great guys, both disabled hunters and guides. Went out on a Friday, hunted Friday evening all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Winds was quite high most of the hunt so, we didn't see a lot, but I did get to see several nice bucks. It was a doe/hog hunt, so of course all we saw where bucks. Had one Hunter that took a shot but they weren't able to recover her. I almost took a shot on a coyote, but he wouldn't stop running, so I couldnt get a shot off. Despite not getting a deer, I made some new hunting buddies, ate some damn nice food prepared by a retired professional chef, learned a ton of stuff from my guide, who was a retired Army Lieutenant Colonel, who taught at West Point and coached the West Point softball team. So it was a great time, and the Ranch is planning to have Rise out again, this time on the 100 square mile property, or the Big Ranch as they called it, the one we where on was "only" 27,000 acres. lol.
Posted By: wheelz

Re: Disabled Hunter Opportunities - 11/25/14 11:04 PM

Let me know when they're offering a buck hunt.

Re: Disabled Hunter Opportunities - 11/26/14 01:53 AM

Lol, I will, they didn't even let me know! Lol. I went mainly for the pig hunt, I've never shot a pig and I'd love to.
Posted By: retired_ole_sargent

Re: Disabled Hunter Opportunities - 11/26/14 06:30 PM

Looked like you had fun Ray! No does but lots of bucks and no pigs either.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum