Texas Hunting Forum

Stolen Valor

Posted By: patfatdaddy

Stolen Valor - 02/08/14 06:11 PM

On the last hunting trip that I co-sponsored there was a veteran there named Brian Culp that claimed to be an Army Ranger and had been awarded two Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star. Turns out he had served honorably but was not A Ranger and had no medals. You can do a web search and find him. Just search for "Brian Culp Army Ranger" and read his story. I hope n one of you have been conned by this guy.
Pat
Rods For Soldiers
Posted By: Lukebraun33

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/08/14 06:20 PM

I read the story. Looks like he's in jail now or going back to jail or something. There were several charges against him. It sucks that he actually served honorably but felt the need to embellish his story so much.
Posted By: Luke27

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/08/14 06:40 PM

Thats just sad
Posted By: Mossman500

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/09/14 03:11 AM

True dirtbag there.....
Posted By: bluelund79

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/09/14 07:51 AM

What a knucklehead. Just be proud of what you do, not what you wish you did
Posted By: Guero

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/09/14 04:27 PM

So true so true guys...
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/09/14 05:16 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/john-donald-cody-harvard-_n_1931841.html

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/bo...ty-scam/2157308

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/05/26/4884594/fort-worth-police-say-colonel.html?rh=1

They are every where. up
Posted By: match308

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/09/14 10:54 PM

They used his military prints? Funny, I thought that the military prints weren't part of the FBI database, and only used for ID of the dead. (That's what they told us) smile

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/09/14 11:45 PM

There is no way for someone like me to check these guys out. All I can do is ask a few questions that a military man should know and try to get a feel for a person. When I met Brian Culp he jumped out of his $40,000 truck and started telling us how great he was. I didn't like him from the beginning so I just sort of avoided him. I hope he doesn't catch any fish on that custom rod I gave him and I hope he gained 10 lbs on the food I fed him and that he can't lose that weight.
I am not going to quit honoring veterans. It is too important for them to get a "Thank you".
Pat
Posted By: Lukebraun33

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/09/14 11:51 PM

Patfatdaddy,

I think what you are doing is great. There isn't a way for you to check everyone's records but if someone cons you as he did they will get what's coming to them as he had. I appreciate what you are doing as I'm sure all vets do. Thanks again.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 12:38 AM

Some interesting facts about wannabes, in this case it s Vietnam veterans, but from some of my other studying, this issue covers all conflicts since WWII.
http://vietnam-veterans.us/popup/facts.html

Quote:
Interesting Census Stats and "Been There" Wanabees:

1,713,823 of those who served in Vietnam were still alive as of August, 1995 (census figures).

~ During that same Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served in-country was: 9,492,958.

~ As of the current Census taken during August, 2000, the surviving U.S. Vietnam Veteran population estimate is: 1,002,511. This is hard to believe, losing nearly 711,000 between '95 and '00. That's 390 per day.

During this Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served in-country is: 13,853,027. By this census, FOUR OUT OF FIVE WHO CLAIM TO BE Vietnam vets are not.

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 01:24 AM

Thanks Dogcatcher for the link, it was interesting reading.
Pat
Posted By: amcalister

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 04:35 AM

Kinda makes me wonder about some of the guys at work that say they served but just look at me kinda dumb when I throw some lingo at em!!!
Posted By: tjhook

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 07:07 AM

What a dbag...he is gonna jack up linda stuff up for people who need the help
Posted By: nickg

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 10:04 AM

I am pretty sure that everyone I have ever met and believed to have been a phony was some type of special forces. I think I have met at least 100 or so in or around the Austin area and it pisses me off everytime.
Posted By: P&YHuntinJunkie

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 04:43 PM

Hey Patfatdaddy I am very thankful for what you do for our Vets. I am a Marine Corps Veteran myself and Purple Heart Recipent and I can tell you that there are a lot of these guys out there. I have been out for about 6 years now and I come across Navy Seals and Delta Force guys at a rediculous rate lol. I'm not sure how the Army does their business but I know that Marines get a Form DD-214 when they are dischared and it tells you exactly what MOS is and what medals they have received and if they have been deployed and when. I am sure every branch of the military has some kind of form like this. If I were you I would ask for a copy of this before taking armchair hero's on hunting and fishing trips. There are alot of veterans out there that truly are desearving of these trips. If you need guys to take let me know and I can send you some no [censored] guys.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 05:14 PM

I carry a copy of my DD214 in my phone. If I were working with vets, I would ask to see their DD214. I show mine at HD and Lowes to get the discount.

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 05:24 PM

The guy that duped us had a fake ID and a fake DD 214. All I can do is talk to these guys and try to get a feeling that they are telling the truth. Brian Culp fooled the VA Medical Center so I will just have to trust my gut.
Pat

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 05:31 PM

You keep on keeping on. God will handle it.
Posted By: Guero

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 09:01 PM

Hey keep it up Pat. Your doing great things, very much appreciated.
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 10:09 PM

Just a quick note. Not all medals are on everyones DD 214. For instance, I got out and several months later a medal showed up in my mailbox. I was told it is on a DD 215 by a recruiter who called one day 5 or 6 years ago. I have never seen my DD 215 personally so IDK.

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/14 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: TF Panther
Just a quick note. Not all medals are on everyones DD 214. For instance, I got out and several months later a medal showed up in my mailbox. I was told it is on a DD 215 by a recruiter who called one day 5 or 6 years ago. I have never seen my DD 215 personally so IDK.

Go to your county veteran's service office. They can get all of this fixed up for you.
Posted By: father of 4

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/11/14 05:25 AM

Oh WOW what a disgrace to all of us who have served.
Posted By: Perry Jefferies

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/17/14 07:07 PM

Good afternoon all;

I ended up here pursuing links about Brian Culp. Someone mentioned that he should have been satisfied with his honorable service. The problem is - his service wasn't all that honorable. I was his first sergeant for a few months and his lack of character and ability to con some people showed quickly. We caught him in lies about his prior service and even daily duties in 2002 or so, but he was able to con the 4ID division sergeant major into taking him as a driver. When he was caught in those lies, they left him behind while we deployed. I guess that he was eventually sent to 13th Support command and had a short deployment. He's been lying and abusing his status ever since.

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/17/14 08:58 PM

Thanks for the info. There is nothing about this guy that is honorable. Sure wish a real Ranger would come across him and school him a little.
Pat
Posted By: HeidelbergJaeger

Re: Stolen Valor - 03/12/14 07:55 PM

There is a special place in hell for those who embellish or flat out lie about their service or lack thereof.

OP does a wonderful thing for us true veterans, and anyone who takes advantage of his kindness should get a good old fashioned @ss whoopin.
Posted By: Skip

Re: Stolen Valor - 03/12/14 10:06 PM

I have said this many times, I have met more former Special Forces guys sense I've been out than I met while I was in. I know as soon as they open their mouth they are lying. It is a shame they try to live a made up life.
Posted By: Rockinmyshoe

Re: Stolen Valor - 03/12/14 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
I carry a copy of my DD214 in my phone. If I were working with vets, I would ask to see their DD214. I show mine at HD and Lowes to get the discount.

Texas drivers license has veteran stamped on it now up

Re: Stolen Valor - 03/12/14 10:51 PM

You have to go to the DL office with proper paper work to get the Veteran stamp on your DL. It ain't on mine. But then I have a retirement ID card and a VA card. Not to many people carry around their DD214 in their pocket either. We have a lot of Vets that never saw combat but they served and are vets.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Stolen Valor - 03/13/14 02:39 AM

I was just in Vegas at the NASCAR race this past weekend and came across a young Navy guy that had a Master EOD badge tattooed on his back. Being ex-EOD myself and that the EOD community is a very small, I asked where he served...he said he failed out of EOD school in the first few weeks. I asked him why he had the badge tattooed on his back...he said he felt he had earned it since he attended the school. I told him he was a POS and a disgrace to all whom have earned the right to wear the badge! "Initial Success or Total Failure"
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Stolen Valor - 03/14/14 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: HeidelbergJaeger
There is a special place in hell for those who embellish or flat out lie about their service or lack thereof.

OP does a wonderful thing for us true veterans, and anyone who takes advantage of his kindness should get a good old fashioned @ss whoopin.

Amen flag
Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Stolen Valor - 03/14/14 03:28 AM

I believe these people should be punishable under UCMJ rules if they want to play soldier. let them spend some time in Ft Leavenworth doing HARD TIME, they'll think twice about ever calling themselves "Ranger". "EOD", "Special Forces" ever again!! If I were them I'd be embarrassed to even call myself a former SOLDIER after the shenanigans these clowns pull!! RANT OVER!! LOL
Posted By: passthru

Re: Stolen Valor - 03/14/14 05:10 PM

I know my employer requires a copy of the DD-214 when hiring former service men and women. Have for at least 30 years that I can attest to. I will say that just volunteering to go makes you a hero in my book. Whether a behind the scenes support personnel or a special operations group operator they are all necessary to the mission of protecting the freedom in this great nation.
Posted By: Kimo

Re: Stolen Valor - 04/04/14 02:49 AM

I just don't understand why the losers LIE about being something they're clearly not, never have been nor will they EVER be. I just don't get it. It burns me up....and I never served. I can't imagine how infuriating it is to the heroes that did serve. flag
Posted By: StretchR

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/15/14 01:20 PM

Makes me a little more proud to admit that I was mostly a staff weenie. I did get a decon platoon in a chemical company for about 18 months. Otherwise, it was battalion or brigade staff. I was nowhere near the theater of operations during the first Gulf War, either. I was stuck in an assignment in Army Recruiting and couldn't get assigned.

For y'all that are doing and supporting activities for veterans, thank you. You can only do what you do, and have to rely on the honesty and integrity of the people you serve.

David
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/16/14 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: nickg
I am pretty sure that everyone I have ever met and believed to have been a phony was some type of special forces. I think I have met at least 100 or so in or around the Austin area and it pisses me off everytime.

I worked for my company in Austin for a little over four years, ending about 10 years ago, personally interviewing Veterans for job placement. I interviewed an average of 34 Veteran's a week-day over that time period, you do the math. If everyone who said they were truly was there must have been a Green Beret under every tree, bush, and shrub in "The 'Nam," as they all called it. I was fortunate enough to meet some genuine heroes, but also a BUNCH of lying a-holes in that town. I learned fast, and I'd let them know, after hearing their story, that I'd been given special access to computer files to verify service information. As soon as my fingers hit the keyboard the ohs, ahs, and buts would start flowing. There is a web-link to verify Purple Heart recipients, though. I think I still have it on my office computer and I think it's public. If that would help I'll forward the link to the OP. Speaking of, thanks for what you do.

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/17/14 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
Originally Posted By: nickg

I worked for my company in Austin for a little over four years, ending about 10 years ago, personally interviewing Veterans for job placement. I interviewed an average of 34 Veteran's a week-day over that time period, you do the math. If everyone who said they were truly was there must have been a Green Beret under every tree, bush, and shrub in "The 'Nam," as they all called it. I was fortunate enough to meet some genuine heroes, but also a BUNCH of lying a-holes in that town. I learned fast, and I'd let them know, after hearing their story, that I'd been given special access to computer files to verify service information. As soon as my fingers hit the keyboard the ohs, ahs, and buts would start flowing. There is a web-link to verify Purple Heart recipients, though. I think I still have it on my office computer and I think it's public. If that would help I'll forward the link to the OP. Speaking of, thanks for what you do.

Those links will only include the people that provided the information to that site. Like this site, http://www.thepurpleheart.com/faqs/ I am a member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart and an officer of the local chapter, and I have been a life member since the 1980's when our local chapter was organized, I am on the list, based on info provided by the MOPH.

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/18/14 04:10 PM

My son told me about an old vet that came in his Fuzzys everyday. He said he was a Seal. I warned him and told him that if he said he was a Seal it was a lie because he was older than me. I was at his bar drinking free beer and the old dude came in and sat down on the next stool. He had a OD green marine flat top cover with Navy embroidered on it. We started talking about the old days and he mentioned that he was UDT. That made more sense because there were no Seals in the 60's. I also had requested Underwater Demolition Team. Turns out he is the real thing. He was as honored to meet me as I was to meet him and all I did was fix planes and train pilots to fly and shoot. He said he had been shot four times and stabbed twice. He was disabled and rode a scooter. All these years and finally met a hero. That's how rare they really are.
Posted By: 25-06

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/30/14 03:36 AM

I seen a marine who had army jump wings tattooed on his arm. I said I didn't know there were airborne marines. He went on this story how he went to army jump school but only did one jump oh and his jump school was 6 months lonf. I instantly called him a liar in front of his wife. Then went on to break down his story piece by piece.
Posted By: Luke27

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/02/14 02:21 AM

While the badges differ. Marines do attend jump school at Ft. Benning.

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/02/14 03:48 AM

I know a Marine that earned his jump wings while in the Army. After his first enlistment in the Army he enlisted in the Marines. His third enlistment was in the USAF, there he finally found a home, he retired from the Air Force with 20 years of combined service.
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/03/14 04:16 AM

Thank goodness the frauds are being flushed out. My pet peeve are the guys who claim to be veterans from the Viet Nam era but turns out they were in the National Guard during Nam. During the Viet Nam war, some guys were doing everything they could to get into the National Guard. Why? It was a sure way of not being sent to Viet Nam. My son's father in law claims to be a Viet Nam era veteran, he is now 76 years old, and has military patches, metals, etc. all over his house and loves to tell how he hitchhiked from Tulsa, Oklahoma to South Carolina for his monthly National Guard meetings! The sad part is this guy is a church deacon and has collected disability for the last 30 years from an injured back but plays golf three times a week. He goes to Appleby's and Golden Corral in Arlington annually for the free meals. There are alot of others just like him. Probably said too much but got it off my chest. Thanks

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/05/14 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: 25-06
I seen a marine who had army jump wings tattooed on his arm. I said I didn't know there were airborne marines. He went on this story how he went to army jump school but only did one jump oh and his jump school was 6 months lonf. I instantly called him a liar in front of his wife. Then went on to break down his story piece by piece.

Yes, Marines attend Army jump school and the basic jump wings are the Army's. Although I'm a former Marine, I have a 101st AB Screaming Eagle tattoo on my left arm because I attended their jump class. It does say "USMC" in the banner, though, and not 101st AB Div.

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/06/14 01:22 PM

I never knew Marines were excepted to Army jump schools. That is good info right there. I appreciate that being posted up here.
Posted By: N.La.Beagler

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/10/14 08:04 AM

I think everybody goes to Benning for jump school. I hate the liars myself. I'd love to have a talk with the black guy that got called out by the marines at the funeral. I'd embarras him on the spot. But then he'd know some answers to questioins that he probably didn't know before, and be able to sound even more legit when someone else questioned him.
Posted By: billybob

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/10/14 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
That made more sense because there were no Seals in the 60's.

Sure there were....my bro was one in VN 1967

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/12/14 06:26 PM

BillyBob is right. There is a difference in their training and mission today compared to back then. Same as with all the special units we had back then.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/12/14 07:08 PM

Between fake guys, guys that only want to set up their buddies, people telling you that you are to crazy for how much money you spend, to guys not showing up, to taxidermist not following through, to guys wanting to change everything...

It is really hard trying to help people some times. Not trying to bitch but I get it. Funny how 7 or 8 bad hunts can ruin 400+ good ones.
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/12/14 09:38 PM

If this brian culp is the same guy I am thinking of he was actually in Iraq as a infantyman but for some reason wished he had been in Somalia as a ranger instead.......don't feel too bad about being tricked by him he was running breach and clear site training for TX army national guard guys getting ready to deploy on an invite from a Sgt Major. Talked to a guy who said he was a d bag of biblical proportions and wanted to punch him in he mouth the entire time. I thought he said he was wearing Corporal stripes?
I could be confusing two together there seems to be plenty but I think he was convicted in San Antonio.
Posted By: LSWO

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/31/14 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan Nelson
Between fake guys, guys that only want to set up their buddies, people telling you that you are to crazy for how much money you spend, to guys not showing up, to taxidermist not following through, to guys wanting to change everything...

It is really hard trying to help people some times. Not trying to bitch but I get it. Funny how 7 or 8 bad hunts can ruin 400+ good ones.

Nathan, you are so right. I have been doing this only 4 years with Lone Star Warriors Outdoors. For the most part, the guys are great, but I do have a list of people that I would and will NEVER take again or recommend. I wish there were a sight that could help to weed these people out, but at the same time you would not be able to fully trust it is there would be mistakes. Unfortunately not always are a DD214 correct. If you do not keep on top of it, things can and will be left off.

Also on the Jump School. If I am correct I think all branches that offer jump status attend the Army training at Fort Benning. I know it is that way with a lot of signal/comm trainings as when I was at Ft. Gordon, there were Marines/Navy and I think some AF guys.
Posted By: Treinta-Treinta

Re: Stolen Valor - 09/29/14 02:02 AM

Billybob is right, Kennedy (sixties) created SEALs for the sole purpose of looking inside the containers in Cuba during the "Cuban missile crisis" to verify they were indeed missiles. Mission completed, the rest is history!

Funny thing on that stolen valor subject, folks never know who they are talking to when they tell you all their accomplishments or crap. Its also absurd the amount of research some of them put into faking it too.

Posted By: iehooligan11b

Re: Stolen Valor - 10/01/14 12:01 PM

I had several Marines in my class going through jump school at benning. Ha me and my buddies called out a "ranger" whole floating the San Marcos river last summer. Overheard him telling these girls he was a ranger and all these war stories. We asked what battalion he was in and he said "alpha" lol. Then asked if he went to Ranger School and he said yes. When asked where he said ft Lewis. We called him out talked all kinds of [censored] to him infront of the girls. They left. He left. We laughed.
Posted By: LSWO

Re: Stolen Valor - 10/13/14 08:38 PM

I am simply amazed at the number of people that "were" or claimed to be a Navy Seal (because they went to hell week and could not hack it, or a ranger, or special forces (because they went to indoc or the big one is I was a sniper. I have met more snipers than the military ever has. It is sad. When people ask me what I did I sometimes say I was a cook to get a reaction. It matter not what you did, it matters that you served. Sad that people have to lie about what they did or in many cases lie about what they did not do.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Stolen Valor - 10/14/14 02:57 AM

Thanks Pat
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/01/14 05:33 PM

One of the best caught in the acts yet.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=910957412248547
Posted By: gonehunting

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/01/14 06:10 PM

I saw that video earlier on Facebook he knew he was busted you can see him getting nervous and in his eyes
Posted By: Mossman500

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/02/14 05:16 AM

At a loss for words at the b@(*s these guys have...
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/02/14 08:27 PM

Sad, sad, sad......
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/03/14 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: patfatdaddy
The guy that duped us had a fake ID and a fake DD 214. All I can do is talk to these guys and try to get a feeling that they are telling the truth. Brian Culp fooled the VA Medical Center so I will just have to trust my gut.
Pat

dang phatdaddy you aint far from me at all if'n you ever can get that ol boy back over to your place lemme know i'd like to stop by and have a lil talk with him! smile

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/03/14 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
One of the best caught in the acts yet.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=910957412248547
cheers

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/03/14 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: gonehunting
I saw that video earlier on Facebook he knew he was busted you can see him getting nervous and in his eyes
Oh yeah he knew it. Best part when he says he shops with his CSM.
Posted By: bhatx89

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/05/14 09:28 PM

Sad,

people like that should be put under the jail, and I don't understand why its so important he pretend to be special forces a career in the "regular" Army is no less honorable.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/09/14 06:09 PM

I think some of the problems are human nature. Fish weigh more, bears are shot while charging, women turn into Victoria Secret Models and the bar room verbal shouting matches turn into knife fights with three known assassins. Many people exaggerate, many never get caught.
Posted By: retired_ole_sargent

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/09/14 08:27 PM

All I have to say is guys who steal our soldiers valor should be punished accordingly. As a 26year lifer, who has served with a bunch of guys willing to give their lives for others, they are deserving, not these idiot wannabe's!

All I did was be an aircraft mechanic for all those years and the planes beat me up so bad I was medically retired. I was proud to serve and proud of those I served with.
Posted By: KSchilling

Re: Stolen Valor - 01/19/15 01:57 AM

This is totally un-acceptable. I've run into several over the past 6 years of retirement. In fact, I ran into one last night at a neighbor's get together that was watching my dog for the weekend. As soon as he opened his mouth and started showing me pictures on his phone, I knew I had a "Winner". I didn't have the patience to deal with him since I had a horrible hunt. So I walked away from it.

However, I met a honorable Tx man a couple years ago at our private range. He asked me what I did and I told him I'm a retired Army Master Sergeant / Disabled Vet. He immediately asked what I did in the Army. I told him I was a Military Policeman / Investigator. He acted like I was a celebrity. He said, "What??? You're a real Soldier? Not some Navy Seal, Special Forces, Detla, Air Force Pararescue CIA guy?" I was a bit taken back. Especially since he said I was first real Soldier he has ever met that wasn't one of the above.

Embarassing.
Posted By: usarmyhunter69

Re: Stolen Valor - 01/26/15 06:30 AM

Its not illegal if you look that's what's sad u.s. army combat disabled veteran here. Good job calling out that trash we need to take a stand and put them on blast for these disgraceful acts
Posted By: BRYCE

Re: Stolen Valor - 01/26/15 08:07 PM

I am a combat injured vet who helps run an organization who takes Vets hunting... You have to ask for a copy of their DD214. It clear up all the BS. Unfortunately guys like this are out they and they taint the intent of peoples generosity and the honor of all other Veterans. Please don't let this ruin your servant heart and gratitude. That being said, everything they ever did in the service will be on that DD214.

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/05/15 01:39 AM

The person that this post is about (Brian Culp) called me today and told me that If I did not take this post down he was going to sue me for defamation of character. I always say don't pick a fight with an old guy, he can,t run so he will just hurt you. Does anyone think I should take it down.
Posted By: bluelund79

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/05/15 02:43 AM

The person that this post is about (Brian Culp) called me today and told me that If I did not take this post down he was going to sue me for defamation of character. I always say don't pick a fight with an old guy, he can,t run so he will just hurt you. Does anyone think I should take it down.

IMO, I don't think you should take it down. If he claimed to be something he is not, how is that defaming his character. While he may be trying to take a play from Jesse "the D Bag"'s book, I don't see anything wrong with stating he incorrectly identified his service. How I love being a recruiter who used to be an OH-58D aircraft repairer.....To those who are involved with honoring veteran's, thank you!
Posted By: upsslim

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/05/15 12:15 PM

Sounds like the truth hurts. Don't take it down. People need to be aware of scum like him.

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/05/15 12:34 PM

Don't take it down. The truth hurts. You can't be wrong if its true.

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/05/15 05:04 PM

Tell him to Google his own bunch of lies. up

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/06/15 02:36 PM

hey phatdaddy i'm only about 25 minutes from you invite him down and i'll defame him myself with pleasure smile

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/10/15 11:31 PM

This guy keeps calling and threatening me with a law suit. The dumb [censored] doesn't know that if it is true he can't sue. He now calls himself Chaz, is that gay or what. He is a real dipstick.

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/11/15 02:01 AM

lol heres the link on the nutjob

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Stolen-valor-convict-back-in-jail-2270608.php

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/11/15 02:03 AM

This guy keeps calling and threatening me with a law suit. The dumb [censored] doesn't know that if it is true he can't sue. He now calls himself Chaz, is that gay or what. He is a real dipstick.

yeah he's hatin that peeps are finding out he's a Turd in the Real Sense lol he wont file he doesnt want anyone knowing he Embellished his military career for personal gain....what a freakin Loser
Posted By: MAP

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/12/15 04:37 PM

What gets me is these guys don't just lie, they lie BIG. I don't understand the lying part anyway, but if you did, why lie about something that is so easy to find out about.

I had an ex-girlfriend who also claimed her dad was a navy seal, at times she would say he had trained with them. I think she grew up always hearing/believing that from her dad, so she walked around saying it not knowing the truth. I'm not sure if he did or not, I never believed it and always had a gut feeling about the guy that wasn't good. I've spent alittle time over the years trying to punch his name into the internet to see if I could find anything and never have...... Maybe he was or maybe he wasn't but my gut feeling about him was one of the reasons I didn't take my relationship with his daughter to the next level.
Posted By: ruckmarch

Re: Stolen Valor - 02/18/15 01:37 PM

lots of videos on youtuuuube for stolen valor. Interesting to say the least.
Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

Re: Stolen Valor - 03/25/15 06:12 PM

I thank you for what you do for vets. I lost a few friends in Afghanistan. But people like Brian will get caught and hope they do a lot of time for it. Take care buddy
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Stolen Valor - 03/27/15 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: TF Panther

i hear ya I got medically retired (temp) then at a review board they decided to tell me go to va for your needs. even though I have my dd214 there are things not on it, but I don't care. I also was a career spec4. the va takes care of what I need at least for the most part so oh well.

and on this stolen valor its kinda funny. I gave my son one of my old pt t shirts and he was wearing it over spring break and said some guys asked him when he served and he explained he leaves for basic in august and the idiots started hollering that he was guilty of stolen valor. I told him I hoped he told them where to go.

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/31/15 05:26 PM

Went to Mckinney, Texas to testify against Culp in an assault case. He claimed that his wifes ex-husband attacked him. Turns out They didn't even need my testimony. As soon as Culp opened his mouth the judge knew he was a liar. His mouth is his own worst enemy. I enjoyed the trip. I was put up in a nice hotel and we went to a 5 star restaurant after the trial and had a gourmet meal. Came home yesterday and had another gourmet meal prepared by my wife. Life is good.
Pat

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/31/15 07:04 PM

cheers

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/01/15 03:00 PM

I just got a call from Brian Culp. He said he is coming to my house to see me. I told him if he set foot on my property I would shoot him. Dumbass.
Pat

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/01/15 08:43 PM

Pat him wanting to come to your house is not a good thing. If he does show up call the Police. Under the circumstances they will not take lightly him being there.

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/01/15 09:10 PM

I have already informed the police. I gave them his description and described his truck. They looked up his arrest records, his vehicle plate number, and his address. They are going to call Mckinney PD for more info. They are also increasing patrols on my street.
Brian Culp come on down.

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/01/15 10:46 PM

He is a bully. Don't expect anything standup. Think Molotov cocktail.

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/02/15 02:17 AM

Your right Cast. I just hope I get a shot off.
Posted By: conifer

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/02/15 01:05 PM

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/06/01/na...-he-plagiarized
Posted By: conifer

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/05/15 12:31 AM

cannot get link above to work
Posted By: rborn

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/05/15 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Skip
I never knew Marines were excepted to Army jump schools. That is good info right there. I appreciate that being posted up here.

Yeah, there were several Marines in our class; all Marine Recon. We also had about 4 guys from Navy; recent graduates from BUDS.
Posted By: Chunky Dunk

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/08/15 04:47 PM

Well did he ever show up? I am from that area, still have lots of friends in the area including LEO.

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/08/15 07:43 PM

No. Culp is a coward, he won't show up here.
Pat
Posted By: kevkaba1

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/10/15 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
Originally Posted By: 25-06

Yes, Marines attend Army jump school and the basic jump wings are the Army's. Although I'm a former Marine, I have a 101st AB Screaming Eagle tattoo on my left arm because I attended their jump class. It does say "USMC" in the banner, though, and not 101st AB Div.

If you don't mind me saying so, you need to explain a couple of things please.
You are correct, Marines attend Army jump school.

1. Why would a Marine get a random Army Unit Patch because he went to Army Jump School? Why not just get the army jump wings? Why not tattoo the Marine jump wings?

2. The "banner" for the Screaming Eagles does not say "101st AB Div." as you state. It says "AIRBORNE."

3. The 101st does not have a "jump class." So what and where is it you are referring to "attending"? Please be specific - you owe it to is after a statement like that.

4. Even if they did, you would get their unit patch, but delete the "airborne" part and leave the eagle? I thought it was "airborne" as the reason you got the tattoo in the first place?

5. Why not get the 82nd airborne patch and wrote USMC over airborne? Or the 173rd airborne? Or the 36th Infantry? Or the 193rd? Or any Army patch for that matter? Why not put a seal trident there? After all, they attend army jump school after BUDS.

Would it make sense for an Army Infantry dude to get an Air Force unit patch because he deployed on one of their planes?

I can't believe no one has asked you to explain this yet, but you certainly don't mind do you? I don't have any issues if I am wrong, but right now the ball is in your court so please explain as to the specifics I listed above.

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/10/15 04:19 AM

Pat

I went to junior high and high school with this prick! Knew him well. Gave him rides home from football practice. My best friend served with him in 3/502 Infantry (101st Airborne / Air Assault) in Desert Storm. I reconnected with him briefly in 1999 and he was like a zombie going on and on about his black hawk down story and his Purple Hearts. He was so full of [censored]! He got ran off from the sheriff's department where he was a jailer. All he ever did there was talk the same lie trash.

Next time I hear about him was 2012 when I found his stolen valor story (from 2008)on ThisAintHell.

He won't come for you - he's a friggin' coward. The only people he "goes after" are those who he thinks he intimidated. Punch the bully in the nose. That's what he understands best!

Ha! We used to call him Captain Culp in high school because he thought he was on top of everything.

A true loser in every sense of the word.

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/10/15 01:58 PM

I think Slow Drifter is talking about a tattoo he had showing his jump status. I don't see a thing wrong with that.

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/10/15 02:58 PM

I think Slow Drifter is talking about a tattoo he had showing his jump status. I don't see a thing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with showing jump status at all. My question is still valid.

Why show your jump status, with a unit patch you are not a part of, because you went to a jump class they (the unit) do not have?

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/10/15 03:25 PM

My time in the service was back in the 60's and if my memory serves me I think each Airborne division had their own jump school. I may be wrong there. I see you coming on here trying to call someone out right off the batt over a tattoo and his wording in his post and I don't think that is right. Maybe his wording wasn't exactly the way you think it should have been but I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/10/15 03:42 PM

My time in the service was back in the 60's and if my memory serves me I think each Airborne division had their own jump school. I may be wrong there. I see you coming on here trying to call someone out right off the batt over a tattoo and his wording in his post and I don't think that is right. Maybe his wording wasn't exactly the way you think it should have been but I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Understood. I respect your position. And I still hold my position, even if you don't think it is right. What you think doesn't dictate my actions.

I'm sure he can answer for himself if he wants or he can ignore me totally. It should be much easier to simply answer and clarify than defend without explanation. I never questioned his wording or stated how I think it should be... I just wonder why a Marine would get an army tattoo to show airborne status and then remove the word "airborne" to replace it with "usmc". I doubt you have usmc tattoo's after your army service. If you did, I would probably ask why out of curiosity.

And by the way... Thank YOU for your service.

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/14/15 03:13 AM

They also had some jump qualification training in Vietnam for those that needed it.

Re: Stolen Valor - 06/14/15 01:47 PM

I remember that dogcatcher. Most of the replacements coming in were not airborne trained so they did some of that there in Nam. I also remember one of the airborne units making a jump from choppers to get their combat jump wings. That was the only way they could get it at the time. If I were airborne back then I would want mine.r

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/29/15 11:39 PM

Pat

have you heard anything else from that punk?

Re: Stolen Valor - 09/28/16 05:00 PM

I will be going back to McKinney to testify against Culp again in December. This guy just won't quit.
Pat

Re: Stolen Valor - 09/29/16 10:51 PM

nail his sorry keester.
Posted By: Tex68w

Re: Stolen Valor - 10/04/16 01:57 PM

I will be going back to McKinney to testify against Culp again in December. This guy just won't quit.
Pat

Is the back story imbedded in a thread here?

Re: Stolen Valor - 10/04/16 06:22 PM

Maybe this comment goes here or maybe it doesn't but here goes. Let me start by saying I have elk and duck hunted with retired policemen before and have a high opinion of them. However, one retired police officer, I know, has recently started claiming he went through airborne school years ago. I asked him which military unit he was in? He said he got a military exemption from the armed services but did skydiving training through his police department. I was in the Army but had never heard of that. Is it possible that police departments have such an arrangement with the Army? Again, I have the utmost respect for the police officers I hunted with, but this brothers me. If it is true then please accept my apologies.
Posted By: glocker17

Re: Stolen Valor - 10/05/16 12:27 AM

Sounds suspicious.....

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/26/16 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: kevkaba1

Understood. I respect your position. And I still hold my position, even if you don't think it is right. What you think doesn't dictate my actions.

I'm sure he can answer for himself if he wants or he can ignore me totally. It should be much easier to simply answer and clarify than defend without explanation. I never questioned his wording or stated how I think it should be... I just wonder why a Marine would get an army tattoo to show airborne status and then remove the word "airborne" to replace it with "usmc". I doubt you have usmc tattoo's after your army service. If you did, I would probably ask why out of curiosity.

And by the way... Thank YOU for your service.

Wow, haven't visited this tread in a while. I have no need to defend myself, but my "Army" tattoo is a tip of my hat to their jump school. There were only three Marines in my class, the other two were officers, I was an E-3 (Lance Corporal) so we didn't exactly hang out together. The Soldiers treated me like family, not what I was expecting going in knowing I'd be the only E-Marine in the class. I guess that was before or after your time. So when we all went out and got drunk together, I just got the same tat they were all getting but had USMC put in the banner. I didn't inspect their tattoos. Maybe I should have, mea culpa. Happy Holidays.

edited to add: And I know nothing about Army units having individual jump classes. Not saying they don't, but about 1/3 of my class said they were going into the 101st. Maye they weren't? I don't know. But in any case, that's where that came from. I never served with or saw any of them ever again.

edited again to add: Marines also attend Army Ranger School. I did not. Those who do are issued the Ranger Tab, but they can't wear it. They tape it to the inside of the front panel of their cover and iron it so the tab would be kind of embossed on the front of the cover.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/27/16 12:52 AM

After serving in the Air Force and moving back to Texas in 93, I went to several gun shows with my buddy over the next several years. I was amazed at how many Seals, Rangers & other special forces people I met. Of course my BS meter would go off. I made the comment to him that no one claims to be just a grunt. I asked him where are all the grunts?
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/27/16 01:05 PM

After being around Rangers and some special forces guys for a good number of years, I can't recall even one bringing it up or pointing it out. In my experience, it just isn't bragged about.

I was not military, but I have a lot family and friends who served Vietnam. I still have family who are serving now.

Marc
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: Stolen Valor - 01/22/17 10:07 PM

I have met some of these stolen valor idiots and I want to call them out every time I meet one but they usually end up digging their own graves over time. So it's more fun to sit back and watch them hang themselves over time. I have met a few who's parents were in the military and once they were buried, they would pretend to have served and use their knowledge from being a base brat to talk themselves up lmao. I think it might be some kind of guilt that they didn't sign the dotted line and have parent issues or something. You can tell who has served and who's full of S#!T once talking to them for 10 minutes and what's even funnier is that they can't produce one picture of themselves in a uniform lol. That fat tard who was bragging about getting discounts on YouTube and calling on vets to do something about it, ended up having to move out of his moms house and can't get hired for a job anywhere now lol. I guess it all worked out in the end hahahahaha!!!! I served for 4 years in the Marine Corps and couldn't reenlist after my 4 years were up because 100 of us ended up getting screwed up knees and shoulders from an instructor who was doing training that was basically illegal and outlawed in the Corps because it was proven to destroy Marines. I never complained about it and the way I learned about over 100 of us getting screwed up was because I ended up having to get interviewed over some investigation that was brought on the instructor after the Navy started looking in to all these people getting medical discharges after going through this training. Then when they interviewed some Marines and asked what was done during their training, they narrowed it down to one instructor. The Marine Corps was definitely my calling in life and my family through connections, got in touch with General Krulak and got him to call my CO and try to get the Navy doctor to change his ruling on my health. Yeah I got a huge &$$ chewing from my CO over that phone call and what's funny is that I had nothing to do with it or I would have begged them to not do it lol. I didn't go home willingly and I was kicking and screaming the whole way. I am proud of my military service and have never and never will exaggerate my time in the Corps. Anybody who is charged with stolen valor should be given community service at their local VA and maybe then they will understand how wrong it is to pretend to have served your country. I went to the VA and ran in to an old buddy who had lost his legs and I broke down after leaving. My relative who made a career out of the Corps wanted me to go in and see what they could do for me. He always told me to go to the VA since it's there for those who served. I just think if I can work and make my own way that I should not clog the system and take time and benefits away from others who need it more. I chose to pay for my own health insurance after getting out of the Corps because there are so many vets who need the care and help more than I do. I am glad that they are finally doing something about the VA because our veterans deserve the best care they can get. Instead of giving it to illegals for a vote. It sickens me that we have homeless Americans who served our country but have the money to put up illegals in apartmnet buildings and give them free healthcare on America's tax dollars!

Re: Stolen Valor - 01/22/17 10:34 PM

I get to testify against Brian Culp this May. Looking forward to seeing him again. Every time he sees me he tries to intimidate me, but I am not scared he is a coward and always will be.
Pat
Posted By: bull279

Re: Stolen Valor - 01/29/17 10:42 PM

Good luck testifying against him. Sounds like he needs a nice quiet secure place to sit and think about life.

I met a Stolen Valor guy once. I worked with him... the entire he time he served in the Army (reserves). We went to police academy together and he was telling other students that he was airborne (which I knew that he wasn't). So I called him on it. He told me, "Yeah man, it was the hardest 2 weeks of my life". Wrong answer homeboy, airborne school is three weeks. UHH UHH "No man, they shortened it to two weeks". Me: "Hold on" whip out my cell phone and call a buddy of mine at Bragg and ask him if he has sent any of his troops down to Benning for jump school. He said 2 guys just got back. I asked him is ABN school was still 3 weeks or did they shortened it. He said still 3 weeks. Turned back to my coworker "Hey highspeed, airborne school is STILL 3 weeks long". He stopped talking to me and still avoids me to this day.
Posted By: 7x57

Re: Stolen Valor - 01/30/17 11:34 PM

I've met lots of people who claim to have been seals or seabees, etc. when I tell them about being in the Navy. They don't know that NSW prep is also where my A-school was, so they usually give some jive about Coronado boot camps or some such and it gives it away instantly. Had one guy tell me that his friend was a seal that only did 4 years active duty for whatever reason and that when he questioned him the guy pulled out an mp5 and a "50 cal" to prove it.

I usually just tell the truth, I spent most of the day fixing technology older than I was and messed around with girls whose names I'll probably never recall.
Posted By: Da' Hitman

Re: Stolen Valor - 01/31/17 12:43 AM

I ran into this at work a few months back. I went crazy on this kid wearing the uniform and he just tried to scurry away. His mom or grandma finally stopped me from chasing him to their car. That crap makes me furious. Too many have suffered too much to allow a liar to steal the honor and pride of service.
Posted By: HooksetBrothers1

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/09/18 10:37 PM

A simply ask to see their DD214 to prove their military service and so called valor claims would fix the issue if you are donating or contributing to any veteran. If they act all pissy than they are hiding something.

I co founded a nonprofit called Hookset Brothers Combat Recovery a 501c3 organization that empowers Veterans with Combat related PTSD by providing free hunting and fishing trips. If we ever question one of the combat veterans that get selected for our trips we simply ask for dd214.
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/11/18 03:36 PM

Nothing worse than someone pretending to be something there not! I thank all the men and women active duty,retired and reservists who have and still protect our Great Country! God Bless All Of You!

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/11/18 05:29 PM

There are prob more real service members that embellish or straight up lie about their service and achievements/experiences than there are straight up posers who never served.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/11/18 07:20 PM

There are prob more real service members that embellish or straight up lie about their service and achievements/experiences than there are straight up posers who never served.

I agree up

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/11/18 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: HooksetBrothers1
A simply ask to see their DD214 to prove their military service and so called valor claims would fix the issue if you are donating or contributing to any veteran. If they act all pissy than they are hiding something.

I co founded a nonprofit called Hookset Brothers Combat Recovery a 501c3 organization that empowers Veterans with Combat related PTSD by providing free hunting and fishing trips. If we ever question one of the combat veterans that get selected for our trips we simply ask for dd214.

We have seen a few altered DD214's that were so good that you could not tell they were fake. One was so good that he got elected to an office in a veterans organization. It was a relative of his that tipped off the organization that he had never been in the USAF or any other branch of the military.

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/11/18 10:12 PM

I found it amazing on how many veterans that have actually served that claimed things that never occurred.

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/11/18 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

I found it amazing on how many veterans that have actually served that claimed things that never occurred.

That’s severely depressing. Thanks guys.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Stolen Valor - 07/14/18 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Yup.... but happens in all walks of life, all professions, and all industries......some people simply have to make themselves out to be more than they really are...

I take anyone telling me how great they are with a huge block of salt.....most people who have actually done things don't boast about them.....Jes my experience....
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Stolen Valor - 09/09/18 03:53 PM

every one ya run into was sf/ranger/seal/some on in socom community, I think I have only met one person tat was like I was a cook
we all know there is more support staff than doers but ya would never guess it.
Posted By: N.La.Beagler

Re: Stolen Valor - 09/10/18 05:10 AM

Found out a guy who I was the best of friends with was doing this. Nothing but facebook posts about being a SAPPER. We were 62H... Concrete and Asphalt guys. Dude did 21 years and did absolutely nothing, unless he was a good recruiter for his last 13 years. Lied to everybody who would listen as long as they would listen. 5 deployments PTSD, Purple Heart, Saved a guys life by pinching off his artery so he wouldn't bleed out ...YADDA YADDA YADDA. Was the biggest COWARD and obvious liar I ever met. Was afraid to leave base camp in El Salvador in 95 AND 96 and did absolutely NOTHING in Bosnia except replace the regular NCO on a mail run ONCE in 97. So if you ever run into SFC Lewis Cheatwood, believe absolutely NOTHING he says.
Posted By: Stinger13

Re: Stolen Valor - 09/23/19 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cast
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by SapperTitan

That�s severely depressing. Thanks guys.

Not as often as someone who did not serve lying on their resume.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/20/20 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by scottfromdallas
After serving in the Air Force and moving back to Texas in 93, I went to several gun shows with my buddy over the next several years. I was amazed at how many Seals, Rangers & other special forces people I met. Of course my BS meter would go off. I made the comment to him that no one claims to be just a grunt. I asked him where are all the grunts?

You ain't lying. Any real grunt would puff up his chest and proudly proclaim the Infantry wink

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/20/20 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bryan C. Heimann
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

You ain't lying. Any real grunt would puff up his chest and proudly proclaim the Infantry wink

Everything else is a support unit. up
Posted By: RPLS

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/20/20 05:59 PM

This may not be relevant to this thread but I'll put it on anyway. Is it just me that finds that anyone that refers to Viet Nam as tha Nam or da Nam or something like that are usually full of "stuff"? Just my thought.

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/20/20 09:05 PM

I don't know about that but one thing is for sure, everybody is getting tired of "support the vets". So many people trying to make money off it and so many entitled vets and/or stolen valor and people milking if, has made people just kind of bored of it. I sure am. I don't wana take anything away from our vets, especially not wounded vets Or the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice or especialy their families. Or anyone that has done anything noteworthy. It is just the truth.

Re: Stolen Valor - 05/24/20 05:47 PM

Can't say I am tired of "Support the vets" but people that practice "Stolen valor" turn my stomach. Lost both brothers to Agent Orange and their families went through hell getting benefits. Also don't believe the "Draft" should have been done away with. But, it's Memorial Day weekend and that's just my opinion. To each his own.
Posted By: SavageHunter

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/09/20 02:06 AM

I remember back in my soldiering days back during the war in the 1980s.

I never embellish my military record and service.

I was in an elite unit and served as a 68E.

I probably deserved the purple heart, but didn't put in for it.

One day while performing my hazardous duties, I was bitten on my right index finger while taking an Xray.
It didn't break the skin, but it did hurt. Anyway, it wasn't during actual combat, so no purple heart. lol.

I say all this in jest, because I often make light of my own 7 years of military service in the National Guard by telling some great dramatic tale of danger only revealing I was a dental specialist at the end of the story
and that my hazardous duty was shooting xrays and assisting in pulling teeth and oral surgery in the War Against Tooth Decay.

I salute the guys that actually did brave combat fields defending our freedoms and those of other folks around the world. .
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/19/20 10:06 AM

Fake SEAL pleads guilty to stolen valor...

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/news/stolen-valor.html
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/19/20 11:06 AM

I was a REMF, did the "foreign" tour in Ft. Sill, OK. One injury was a severe paper cut from poor skills at typewriter. Salute to the frontline guys!

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/21/20 01:26 AM

It doesn't matter what your MOS was while in the service. All of us were needed to protect our country whether you were a clerk, cook, mechanic, infantry or special ops. We were all needed to do exactly what we were assigned to do so we are all heroes. Even me, I fueled helicopters.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/21/20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Fake SEAL pleads guilty to stolen valor...

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/news/stolen-valor.html

Absurd
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/06/20 01:31 PM

USAF, 64-68. One of the first computer guys. Never heard a shot fired in anger. And never claimed to. Did my entire four year hitch, after tech school at Wichita Falls Shepherd AFB, at Luke AFB outside of Phoenix. Made E5 which was pretty unusual in less than 4 years. I enjoyed the desert but wanted to see other places. I put in a lot of volunteer paperwork to get to Vietnam. I figured that would be easy but it never happened. Did 4 different TDI's at other bases due to their NCO's getting shipped to SE Asia.

As my hitch was ending, I went through my last Re UP talk at Personnel. I knew the guy and he showed me my Xfer to Vietnam if I re upped. I had already put in paper work to get back into college at Arlington State College, now UTA. I went home.

Always look back and sorta wish that I had taken them up on it. But, I had gotten married and had a Wife and daughter. I had seen a lot of guys ship out and their wives playing around. Didn't want that.

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/07/20 04:03 AM

You made the right decision. Shame on them for trying to lure you back in that way. Cutthroat mf recruiters, probably would have screwed you anyhow.
Posted By: Chopperdrvr

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/09/20 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by patfatdaddy
It doesn't matter what your MOS was while in the service. All of us were needed to protect our country whether you were a clerk, cook, mechanic, infantry or special ops. We were all needed to do exactly what we were assigned to do so we are all heroes. Even me, I fueled helicopters.

You may have fueled mine one day. LoL I am another REMF that never made it to any combat zone from Vietnam to Desert Storm even when I asked. I am a Vietnam ERA veteran and don't mind saying so, but I will not EVER say I am a Vietnam Veteran. I think that is reserved to those who actually spent time in that hell hole. As a DUSTOFF pilot, I knew that I would be going as soon as I got out of flight school and also my survival rate wasn't very good but was proud of the mission we had anywhere we were. I think it has been said in this thread, but if you ever met anyone who was a real hero, you wouldn't know it unless someone else told you about it. Think Mike Novasel and the likes of him. Just good ole boys who did something that they thought was the right thing to do at the time never thinking that "hey, this will make me a hero". I too wish these imposters would get slapped down right away, but they will get their punishment in due time.

Thanks all of you who have served, in whatever capacity. BTW, when I was in, (a long time ago) the average number of troops who saw combat was only 10% of the total Army. All the rest were support or reserve re-inforcements for when they were needed.
Posted By: CatchinBass

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/12/20 07:20 PM

Unbelievable
Posted By: Earl

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/23/21 04:47 AM

This whole subject chars my arsehole...my favorite Uncle did two tours in Vietnam, gave 25 years to the Army and died 34 years later from exposure to Agent Orange. My brother who is 52 is retiring now as a Major in the Texas Army National Guard which he went into when he was commissioned a LT after college. He's had numerous deployments and gave the NG his professional career, even though the last few years have been hell on him since like me - he isn't woke enough. He should have retired a Colonel but while a great soldier and leader not the best when it comes to politics (same as me).

I guess having people try to mimic your service is better than what my Uncle came home to in '68, but still it dishonors the real soldiers service and sacrifice and chaps my butt.

Earl
Posted By: Blank

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/23/21 03:13 PM

Was in the Navy from 1970-1976, so technically during Vietnam Era. Never set foot over there. Spent most of the time pushing a submarine full of nuclear warheads around 3 different oceans, in the Cold War against Russia. Had a few exciting moments for the entire crew, but nothing individually dangerous. Still proud of every day of my service.

The stories that get to us is that every sub sailor was on a hunter killer fast boat, doing black ops stuff, and have been sworn to secrecy about ever talking about where they went!!! Some did, but those guys are very rare.
Posted By: CW MILES

Re: Stolen Valor - 11/27/21 02:21 AM

There are far too many people out there doing that same thing, veterans included. Just be proud of what you did and be done with it. And, far too many veterans out there are stabbing other veterans in the back just to get ahead. If there is such a thing as BROTHERHOOD, I havent seen it for a very long time. Ive been screwed worse by other veteerans than any civilian ever tried to shaft me and for nothing. Anyway, thats enough of the soapbox. I would like to get out and hunt while there is still anyplace to hunt on. I live in Killeen, Tx outside Fort Hood Army Base. God bless ya'll and have a great Christmas
Posted By: NOCOOLNAMETOO

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/10/21 10:13 PM

I had two uncles that served. One was a medic in Korea and one with the 173rd Sky Soldiers in Vietnam. I know they both saw horrific things but the common dominator is they never talked about it.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/10/21 11:48 PM

I had the great honor and pleasure to work with Dave here in Idaho, at the nuclear facility when I got out of the Navy. What a gentle giant of a man. He never wanted to talk about the things he did, or could do - just was always more interested in you and family news. That's the way most of them are!!

https://www.cmohs.org/recipients/david-b-bleak

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/11/21 02:10 AM

Some facts, stats and myths about the Vietnam war. https://www.uswings.com/about-us-wings/vietnam-war-facts/

Vietnam War: Facts, Stats & Myths
Credit: Capt. Marshal Hanson, USNR (Ret.) and Capt. Scott Beaton, Statistical Source
The following information is presented “as is” as a public service.
9,087,000 military personnel served on active duty during the official Vietnam era from August 5, 1964 to May 7, 1975.
2,709,918 Americans served in uniform in Vietnam.
Vietnam Veterans represented 9.7% of their generation.
240 men were awarded the Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War.
The first man to die in Vietnam was James Davis, in 1961. He was with the 509th Radio Research Station. Davis Station in Saigon was named for him.
58,148 were killed in Vietnam.
75,000 were severely disabled.
23,214 were 100% disabled.
5,283 lost limbs.
1,081 sustained multiple amputations.
Of those killed, 61% were younger than 21.
11,465 of those killed were younger than 20 years old.
Of those killed, 17,539 were married.
Average age of men killed: 23.1 years.
Five men killed in Vietnam were only 16 years old.
The oldest man killed was 62 years old.
As of January 15, 2004, there are 1,875 Americans still unaccounted for from the Vietnam War.
97% of Vietnam Veterans were honorably discharged.
91% of Vietnam Veterans say they are glad they served.
74% say they would serve again, even knowing the outcome.
Vietnam veterans have a lower unemployment rate than the same non-vet age groups.
Vietnam veterans’ personal income exceeds that of our non-veteran age group by more than 18 percent.
87% of Americans hold Vietnam Veterans in high esteem.
There is no difference in drug usage between Vietnam Veterans and non-Vietnam Veterans of the same age group (Source: Veterans Administration Study).
Vietnam Veterans are less likely to be in prison – only one-half of one percent of Vietnam Veterans have been jailed for crimes.
85% of Vietnam Veterans made successful transitions to civilian life.
Common Vietnam War Myths Dispelled:
Myth: Common belief is that most Vietnam veterans were drafted.
Fact: 2/3 of the men who served in Vietnam were volunteers. 2/3 of the men who served in World War II were drafted. Approximately 70% of those killed in Vietnam were volunteers.
Myth: The media have reported that suicides among Vietnam veterans range from 50,000 to 100,000 – 6 to 11 times the non-Vietnam veteran population.
Fact: Mortality studies show that 9,000 is a better estimate. “The CDC Vietnam Experience Study Mortality Assessment showed that during the first 5 years after discharge, deaths from suicide were 1.7 times more likely among Vietnam veterans than non-Vietnam veterans. After that initial post-service period, Vietnam veterans were no more likely to die from suicide than non-Vietnam veterans. In fact, after the 5-year post-service period, the rate of suicides is less in the Vietnam veterans’ group.
Myth: Common belief is that a disproportionate number of blacks were killed in the Vietnam War.
Fact: 86% of the men who died in Vietnam were Caucasians, 12.5% were black, 1.2% were other races. Sociologists Charles C. Moskos and John Sibley Butler, in their recently published book “All That We Can Be,” said they analyzed the claim that blacks were used like cannon fodder during Vietnam “and can report definitely that this charge is untrue. Black fatalities amounted to 12 percent of all Americans killed in Southeast Asia, a figure proportional to the number of blacks in the U.S. population at the time and slightly lower than the proportion of blacks in the Army at the close of the war.”
Myth: Common belief is that the war was fought largely by the poor and uneducated.
Fact: Servicemen who went to Vietnam from well-to-do areas had a slightly elevated risk of dying because they were more likely to be pilots or infantry officers. Vietnam Veterans were the best educated forces our nation had ever sent into combat. 79% had a high school education or better.
Myth: The common belief is the average age of an infantryman fighting in Vietnam was 19.
Fact: Assuming KIAs accurately represented age groups serving in Vietnam, the average age of an infantryman (MOS 11B) serving in Vietnam to be 19 years old is a myth, it is actually 22. None of the enlisted grades have an average age of less than 20. The average man who fought in World War II was 26 years of age.
Myth: The common belief is that the domino theory was proved false.
Fact: The domino theory was accurate. The ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand stayed free of Communism because of the U.S. commitment to Vietnam. The Indonesians threw the Soviets out in 1966 because of America’s commitment in Vietnam. Without that commitment, Communism would have swept all the way to the Malacca Straits that is south of Singapore and of great strategic importance to the free world. If you ask people who live in these countries that won the war in Vietnam, they have a different opinion from the American news media. The Vietnam War was the turning point for Communism.
Myth: The common belief is that the fighting in Vietnam was not as intense as in World War II.
Fact: The average infantryman in the South Pacific during World War II saw about 40 days of combat in four years. The average infantryman in Vietnam saw about 240 days of combat in one year thanks to the mobility of the helicopter. One out of every 10 Americans who served in Vietnam was a casualty. 58,148 were killed and 304,000 wounded out of 2.7 million who served. Although the percent that died is similar to other wars, amputations or crippling wounds were 300 percent higher than in World War II. 75,000 Vietnam veterans are severely disabled. MEDEVAC helicopters flew nearly 500,000 missions. Over 900,000 patients were airlifted (nearly half were American). The average time lapse between wounding to hospitalization was less than one hour. As a result, less than one percent of all Americans wounded, who survived the first 24 hours, died. The helicopter provided unprecedented mobility. Without the helicopter it would have taken three times as many troops to secure the 800 mile border with Cambodia and Laos (the politicians thought the Geneva Conventions of 1954 and the Geneva Accords or 1962 would secure the border).
Myth: Kim Phuc, the little nine year old Vietnamese girl running naked from the napalm strike near Trang Bang on 8 June 1972 (shown a million times on American television) was burned by Americans bombing Trang Bang.
Fact: No American had involvement in this incident near Trang Bang that burned Phan Thi Kim Phuc. The planes doing the bombing near the village were VNAF (Vietnam Air Force) and were being flown by Vietnamese pilots in support of South Vietnamese troops on the ground. The Vietnamese pilot who dropped the napalm in error is currently living in the United States. Even the AP photographer, Nick Ut, who took the picture, was Vietnamese. The incident in the photo took place on the second day of a three day battle between the North Vietnamese Army (NVA) who occupied the village of Trang Bang and the ARVN (Army of the Republic of Vietnam) who were trying to force the NVA out of the village. Recent reports in the news media that an American commander ordered the air strike that burned Kim Phuc are incorrect. There were no Americans involved in any capacity. “We (Americans) had nothing to do with controlling VNAF,” according to Lieutenant General (Ret) James F. Hollingsworth, the Commanding General of TRAC at that time. Also, it has been incorrectly reported that two of Kim Phuc’s brothers were killed in this incident. They were Kim’s cousins not her brothers.
Myth: The United States lost the war in Vietnam.
Fact: The American military was not defeated in Vietnam. The American military did not lose a battle of any consequence. From a military standpoint, it was almost an unprecedented performance. General Westmoreland quoting Douglas Pike (a professor at the University of California, Berkeley), a major military defeat for the VC and NVA.
US Army Vietnam Veteran Cap
US Army Vietnam Veteran Cap
$14.95Add to cart
Army Caps, US Army, Veteran Accessories, Veteran Caps
Statistics from the Combat Area Casualty File (CACF) as of November 1993
(the CACF is the basis for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, aka The Wall)
Average age of 58,148 killed in Vietnam was 23.11 years (Although 58,169 names are in the Nov. 93 database, only 58,148 have both event date and birth date. Event date is used instead of declared dead date for some of those who were listed as missing in action).
Deaths Average Age
Total: 58,148, 23.11 years
Enlisted: 50,274, 22.37 years
Officers: 6,598, 28.43 years
Warrants: 1,276, 24.73 years
E1 525, 20.34 years
11B MOS: 18,465, 22.55 years
Interesting Census Stats and “Been There” Wanabees:
1,713,823 of those who served in Vietnam were still alive as of August, 1995 (census figures).
During that same Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served was: 9,492,958.
As of the current Census taken during August, 2000, the surviving U.S. Vietnam Veteran population estimate is: 1,002,511. This is hard to believe, losing nearly 711,000 between ’95 and ’00. That’s 390 per day. During this Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served in-country is: 13,853,027. By this census, FOUR OUT OF FIVE WHO CLAIM TO BE VIETNAM VETS ARE NOT.
The Department of Defense Vietnam War Service Index officially provided by The War Library originally reported with errors that 2,709,918 U.S. military personnel as having served in-country. Corrections and confirmations to this errored index resulted in the addition of 358 U.S. military personnel confirmed to have served in Vietnam but not originally listed by the Department of Defense (All names are currently on file and accessible 24/7/365).
Isolated atrocities committed by American Soldiers produced torrents of outrage from anti-war critics and the news media while Communist atrocities were so common that they received hardly any media mention at all. The United States sought to minimize and prevent attacks on civilians while North Vietnam made attacks on civilians a centerpiece of its strategy. Americans who deliberately killed civilians received prison sentences while Communists who did so received commendations. From 1957 to 1973, the National Liberation Front assassinated 36,725 Vietnamese and abducted another 58,499. The death squads focused on leaders at the village level and on anyone who improved the lives of the peasants such as medical personnel, social workers, and school teachers. – Nixon Presidential Papers.
The United States Did Not Lose The War In Vietnam, The South Vietnamese Did. Read On…
The fall of Saigon happened 30 April 1975, two years AFTER the American military left Vietnam. The last American troops departed in their entirety 29 March 1973.
How could we lose a war we had already stopped fighting? We fought to an agreed stalemate. The peace settlement was signed in Paris on 27 January 1973. It called for release of all U.S. prisoners, withdrawal of U.S. forces, limitation of both sides’ forces inside South Vietnam and a commitment to peaceful reunification. The 140,000 evacuees in April 1975 during the fall of Saigon consisted almost entirely of civilians and Vietnamese military, NOT American military running for their lives. There were almost twice as many casualties in Southeast Asia (primarily Cambodia) the first two years after the fall of Saigon in 1975 than there were during the ten years the U.S. was involved in Vietnam. Thanks for the perceived loss and the countless assassinations and torture visited upon Vietnamese, Laotians, and Cambodians goes mainly to the American media and their undying support-by-misrepresentation of the anti-War movement in the United States.
As with much of the Vietnam War, the news media misreported and misinterpreted the 1968 Tet Offensive. It was reported as an overwhelming success for the Communist forces and a decided defeat for the U.S. forces. Nothing could be further from the truth. Despite initial victories by the Communists forces, the Tet Offensive resulted in a major defeat of those forces. General Vo Nguyen Giap, the designer of the Tet Offensive, is considered by some as ranking with Wellington, Grant, Lee and MacArthur as a great commander. Still, militarily, the Tet Offensive was a total defeat of the Communist forces on all fronts. It resulted in the death of some 45,000 NVA troops and the complete, if not total destruction of the Viet Cong elements in South Vietnam. The Organization of the Viet Cong Units in the South never recovered. The Tet Offensive succeeded on only one front and that was the News front and the political arena. This was another example in the Vietnam War of an inaccuracy becoming the perceived truth. However, inaccurately reported, the News Media made the Tet Offensive famous.

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/11/21 02:34 AM

Some more Veteran trivia. Basically, it boils down to 7% of Americans have been in the military, out of that 7%, only 10% of those saw combat.

What percentage of the American population served in the military? 7%
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-percentage-of-americans-have-served-in-the-military/
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/04/05/the-changing-face-of-americas-veteran-population/

This is the most interesting link.
https://www.thesoldiersproject.org/what-percentage-of-the-military-sees-combat/

40% of service members do NOT see combat, and of the remaining 60%, only 10% to 20% are deployed into the combat premise. Plus, the majority of these members enter the arena as supporting units.

They are not the soldiers that are facing enemies face-to-face. Only 10% of the entire military force engage in battle. To help you visualize, that is 1 in 10 soldiers.

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/14/21 12:45 AM

Facts. Most guys that do 20+ years and retire never fight.

War is mostly boring and monotonous dirty work. Building stuff, fixing stuff, guarding stuff, waiting for something to happen.

And usually only the best are selected for combat operations. There’re is a chance that the bad guys will pick you, but if you present a hard target they usually won’t.

There are always exceptions! Because it is unpredictable.
Posted By: bjh

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/14/21 03:20 AM

Wish i had stolen mine !!!!!! But i had to do it the hard way,for 18 months!!!!! up

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/15/21 03:37 AM

I wouldn’t trade my time down range for anything. Would go back if I could. Best of times, worst of times

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/15/21 05:27 PM

War is mostly boring and monotonous dirty work. Building stuff, fixing stuff, guarding stuff, waiting for something to happen.

And usually only the best are selected for combat operations. There’re is a chance that the bad guys will pick you, but if you present a hard target they usually won’t.

With 9 out of 10 people supporting the combat troops, many never see any action, but everyone of them is as important as the man that is on the frontlines. A good friend of mine joined the USAF about the same time I went in the Army. His first duty assignment after training was Dyess AFB. He retired at Dyess, never was stationed anywhere else, 20 years in the Base finance section making sure payday happened.

Re: Stolen Valor - 12/16/21 02:44 AM

[/b][b]
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

With 9 out of 10 people supporting the combat troops, many never see any action, but everyone of them is as important as the man that is on the frontlines. A good friend of mine joined the USAF about the same time I went in the Army. His first duty assignment after training was Dyess AFB. He retired at Dyess, never was stationed anywhere else, 20 years in the Base finance section making sure payday happened.

Not all heroes wear capes!
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/17/22 02:39 PM

Cast, your Texas drivers license should show veteran status. Mine is at the bottom of the front side.

I showed it to both Lowes and Home Depot to get discounts on everything you buy.
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/20/22 02:17 PM

I fought in a war despite being underage and having never joined the military. When I tell people about it they look at me like I'm insane. It's a big world out there and there are lots of possibilities. You can never tell what's going to happen.

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/21/22 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Cast, your Texas drivers license should show veteran status. Mine is at the bottom of the front side.

I showed it to both Lowes and Home Depot to get discounts on everything you buy.

They both make you do it online now linked to your phone number. They use a verification service.

Very seldom do they accept the id card

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/21/22 06:18 PM

That comment above about “most guys that do twenty years never fight” is the second stupidest comment I’ve heard but maybe tied with the first which was, “my 36 months in the Marines (kicked out for being a fat pencil pusher) were harder than your 20 plus in the Air Force”.

This kinda crap is why I don’t join the VFW nor American Legion and the reason most of us retires don’t. So many sniveling 1 termers.

Re: Stolen Valor - 08/27/22 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Treinta-Treinta
That comment above about “most guys that do twenty years never fight” is the second stupidest comment I’ve heard but maybe tied with the first which was, “my 36 months in the Marines (kicked out for being a fat pencil pusher) were harder than your 20 plus in the Air Force”.

This kinda crap is why I don’t join the VFW nor American Legion and the reason most of us retires don’t. So many sniveling 1 termers.

Well, if you regard the 1 termers as “sniveling” that says a lot. If you don’t have mutual respect with your dudes you have already failed as a leader. It goes two ways.

But that said, probably most “1 termers” never fought either. So I’ll give you that
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Stolen Valor - 09/01/22 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Treinta-Treinta

Good, we don't want you either.

Just because you're a retiree does not make you any better than the person that only did one term.

It took me 10 years (3 terms) to figure out that I did not want to spend another 10 years in the military. You'll get adventure and see the world for sure but you won't make any money. I accomplished my goals, did my part to serve my country, honorable discharge, had the best job the Army could offer (EOD) and got my education (under grad & grad) paid for by Uncle Sam. Good luck, you'll need it with that attitude. I hope fellow THF Veterans take notice of you.
Posted By: SFRanger7GP

Re: Stolen Valor - 09/01/22 04:12 PM

Interesting, as well as some disappointing comments on this thread. We should all be proud of our military service and respectful of other's service. The comment about “most guys that do twenty years never fight” should not be taken offensively. It is just an overstatement of the obvious. Because of the much greater number of support positions in the military, most will never see direct combat regardless of whether they serve 18 months or 30+ years. My username is exactly what I did in the US Army for 24+ years. Most that served in the units I served in did participate in direct combat actions regardless of how many years they served. Getting a BS story about someone's SF/Ranger unit career seems to be a common occurrence nowadays. It used to anger me, and I would let them know about it. I don't waste my time now; I just give them a sad and disappointed look before walking away. Be proud of what you did and respect others for their service.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Stolen Valor - 09/02/22 01:34 AM

People getting in a pissing match in the disabled hunters section hammer
Posted By: kry226

Re: Stolen Valor - 09/10/22 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by SFRanger7GP
We should all be proud of our military service and respectful of other's service. Be proud of what you did and respect others for their service.

Yessir, agreed. It takes all of us- across every service, MOS, and even every generation, to accomplish our mission and preserve the Republic. flag salute
Posted By: duffas

Re: Stolen Valor - 10/01/22 05:57 PM

High school buddy get drafted, married with 6mo old kid. Ended up medivac chopper pilot in Nam. 2 Hearts. Another was point scout patrol guy in Nam. No ribbons, doesn't talk about it. BIL flew A7 three trips. Neighbor was wild weasel guy. FIL was Nav on B24, rescued nose gunner before the plane ditched. Gunner was from neighboring town. I was skipper' telly talker at GQ for while. Got out before Nam got hot. Ship chased a few bears off in the Med but I got to see a lot of world. Yup, I served but so what? Lots did, some came back, some didn't. They did what was needed so remember them.
Yes, go ticked when I found out about WW project, now not sure about the T2T org, Tower people got paid and then it stopped. Yup, stolen valor people make me sick. So do a few who actually were in combat.
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Stolen Valor - 10/10/22 03:50 PM

Political candidate accused of stolen valor claims his deployments are ‘classified’

An Air Force veteran running for a Congressional seat in Ohio spent much of his time on the campaign trail invoking tough combat missions he was on in Afghanistan in 2002. But reporting by the Associated Press found no evidence that Republican candidate J.R. Majewski had any such deployment, let alone a combat-heavy one as he claimed. Majewski has a simple, easy explanation as to why his service record doesn’t show the combat deployments he often brings up: they’re classified.
more:
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/ohio-majewski-military-stolen-valor/

What is morally distinctive about ‘stolen valor’?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...mp;cvid=fb58cce218594dbf9672dd11bf1d2ca4

Re: Stolen Valor - 10/12/22 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by jeh7mmmag
Political candidate accused of stolen valor claims his deployments are ‘classified’

An Air Force veteran running for a Congressional seat in Ohio spent much of his time on the campaign trail invoking tough combat missions he was on in Afghanistan in 2002. But reporting by the Associated Press found no evidence that Republican candidate J.R. Majewski had any such deployment, let alone a combat-heavy one as he claimed. Majewski has a simple, easy explanation as to why his service record doesn’t show the combat deployments he often brings up: they’re classified.

more:
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/ohio-majewski-military-stolen-valor/

Wow. I googled him up and found his DD214. He should be tarred and feathered.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22672319-majewski-service-records
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum