Texas Hunting Forum

Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting

Posted By: jigfish

Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/07/09 11:26 PM

Getting into the trailers you have nothing but a mud pit for a long stretch. Once you get to the trailers you have to avoid one monster mud hole. Then to get to the stands. One little rain and you have heck getting to them. Then you can't use your ATV's, you have to get back into your truck and fight that mud hole road back to the highway. Go down the hwy down another road. And if it rains to much your not getting down that back road. Getts slicker then owl chet and then your stuck for good. I have missed three hunts because of the rain and getting sick of it. I built me a nice cabin 3yrs ago so I'm setup but doesn't do me any good with I can't hunt. No one will pitch in to get anything fixed. It's always talk durning the season, let's do this or let's do that, BS. I've done things to improve the lease and I get stuck with the bill. They all say " I'll pitch in and help pay for it, I'm not doing another darn thing enless I have the money up front. I'm fed up with it. Thanks for listening.

Posted By: hoggwilde

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/07/09 11:46 PM

You must be on my same lease!! HAHA I feel your pain!

Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 12:24 AM

I've never understood people who will let you drive your truck and rut and tear up the roads but won't let you use a ATV. bang
Get a bigger truck with BIG tires!!! up

Posted By: Ern3st

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 12:37 AM

If you vote in the county your lease is in get on your county comissioners butt about the roads off the highway and to the lease. Ive never been been in a lease agreement before, but it seems like the land owner should get in on keeping the roads in good shape.

Posted By: Wild Boar

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 01:04 AM

Sell your ford and get a chevy.

Posted By: don k

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 01:36 AM

You got to settle down before you blow a gasket. Hunting is supposed to calm a person down.

Posted By: bigtuna

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 01:47 AM

at least you get to hunt

Posted By: mossberg man

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 02:02 AM

i have two idea's:

1. walk the lease rds

2. ride a bike, but first install adult size training wheels. the reason for training wheels is because riding in mud is a beotch and when you have the deer on your back you can focus on pedaling and not worrying about balancing smile

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 02:13 AM

I didnt know you were on my lease!

Posted By: texfork

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 12:24 PM

I think I would be more concerned about the other folks on the lease that dont pay -dont help but say they will .

Posted By: h20thief

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 01:16 PM

I dont get why you cant use your 4 wheeler either. I think if I paid the money to lease I'd use whatever I needed to get me to the cabin and the stand or the land owner would be making improvements. I've heard of lease members voting out the use of 4 wheelers but it doesnt affect the deer anymore than a truck slinging mud for 2 counties. SOrry to hear your misfortunes.

Posted By: llanite

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 01:36 PM

The best blind on our lease is located 100 yards behind camp. Note: Will likely require a lock on the door to keep everyone else from hunting out of it too.

Posted By: TxTechsan

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 03:50 PM

If you put $$ into a cabin and plan to stay then why not a little gravel on the road? Unless your mud pit long stretch is miles long I would get the others to front some cash and talk to the land owner as well about it.

Posted By: jigfish

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 08:22 PM

you can use your 4 wheeler but as muddy as it gets you can't use them either. You will barry it.

Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 08:37 PM

Gravel?

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: jigfish
you can use your 4 wheeler but as muddy as it gets you can't use them either. You will barry it.

You've got real problems that even a little gravel won't cure, if even a 4 wheeler (ATV) can't handle it!

Look at the bright side! If it wasn't wet you'd have to deal with all that dust!

Posted By: wildtxn09

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 09:32 PM

What do you want? Paved roads? Its part of it. Hell to me and many others, that is part of the fun.

Posted By: fishinbob2

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 09:36 PM

Yea, I tired to poach your place and it was too much trouble so I just stole your beer.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: fishinbob2
Yea, I tired to poach your place and it was too much trouble so I just stole your beer.

lmao

Posted By: bassackwards dav

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 10:23 PM

Unless the place is really good and cheap, Id find another lease. No sence being upset all the time. Ive been there and done that.

Posted By: horn section

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/08/09 11:43 PM

at least you have a vehicle to get there and back with. THis past weekend at the lease the fuel pump went out on the mule so i had to use my dad's 4x4. On the way home his transmission is pretty much shot!!!! We can't even walk to the stand because we have to cross the far north end of the san gabriel river that is flowing to much to walk across. I am jobless and have no money to fix either one of them. Hopefully mom and dad can scratch up the money to fix the mule at least!!!!!

Posted By: jodster

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/09/09 12:00 AM

Hunt sate land ONE season and you'll appreceate your little problems!

Sorry, I had a rough year hunting state land this year, there was alot of A holes there too!

Posted By: tex_ttu

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/09/09 12:06 AM

The 'OL 80/20 rule, 80% of the work is done by 20% of the folks. We have that same kind of issue. I guess it is just a given with a lease.

Posted By: Curtis

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/09/09 12:10 AM

popcorn

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/09/09 12:14 AM

Your not on my lease, I am the one doing all the work.....

Posted By: tkuehn5410

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/09/09 12:45 AM

Sad to hear your story, but you either have it bad or worse. I'd rather be in a remote location no one can reach than to have people driving by on the road with 30 minutes left of shooting light.

Posted By: BIG RACK

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/09/09 01:28 AM

My truck loves mud banana

Posted By: ssgp2

Re: Getting Sick of This Lease, Venting - 12/10/09 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon A
Originally Posted By: fishinbob2

lmao

X2

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum