Texas Hunting Forum

Hey from IRAQ!!

Posted By: TX4Ever

Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 04:56 PM

Hey everyone...sorry i havent posted in a while...
Internet pretty much sucks here and nothing loads lol

But thanks everyone for sending me the magazines and stuff!!
Helped out alot!!
This month a year ago my deployment started and now i am on my final stretch!!! Have just 2 1/2 months till i will be home for good...and man i cant wait!! To bad ill miss another huntin season...but all yalls pics get me through it somewhat lol I just cant wait to get back to the real thing!!

I have been going through alot...i found out my wife is pregnant and well im over here in Bagdad...so yall get the picture lol so im going through a divorce now on top of all the stress i already have to go through doing all my missions everyday...but things happen for a reason I guess. Now i dont have a place to hunt anymore, I think that what sucks the most lol i was huntin on her families place haha

Well sorry for ramblin just wanted to say hi to everyone and i cant wait to see some pics and stuff from all yall!! And maybe when i get back in mid january ill get to meet some of the TEXAS hunting forum FAMILY!!! GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!! flag

Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 05:03 PM

God bless you and thank-you for your service. Sorry about your wife, maybe one day you will find someone who lives up to their wedding vows. Keep your chin up and your head down.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 05:20 PM

Sorry to hear about the wife, stay safe and thanks for your service

Posted By: 56txoval

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 05:26 PM

Thanks for serving our country flag and sorry to hear about your pending divorce. Sometimes life sucks but everything does happen for a reason. Keep your chin up and life will get better.

Posted By: DFWPI

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 05:36 PM

Maybe you can get a late spike/doe hunt in January

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 05:39 PM

That would be nice!! How would i do that? I should be back around the 20th sometime...

Posted By: KellyAsh

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 05:56 PM

Get with Father of Four. He runs Hunting With Soldiers, an organization that gives free hunts to servicemen and women as well as veterans, and a very nice guy. You can take a deer or a hog, or 2 hogs, or a deer and a hog, or 2 hogs. LOL The dude even bought a little house to put servicemen/women up in while you're there and fixed it up himself....HELL OF A GUY! If I ever win the lottery, he's winning the lottery with me.

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 06:07 PM

I would love that but i cant invite myself smile

Posted By: foxpro

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 06:13 PM

Thank you for your service. Give me a shout when you get back and well see what we can do.

Posted By: KellyAsh

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 06:15 PM

I just invited you. LOL up

Posted By: helomech

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 06:25 PM

Sorry to hear about your wife, and thanks for you service also. If you are looking to kill a hog, I may be able to hook you up also. Send me a pm when you get back, and we can work out a date. Of course no charge, and you can stay in my house. cheers

Can't promise a hog, but the other soldier 1Fowlhunter got a nice one, and here is a pic for you.

Posted By: Hunts_With_Stick

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 06:41 PM

Sorry to hear about your stress man but if you keep your chin up. Thank you for doing what you do!

Keep on Keepin on! Come back safe, Steven

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 06:45 PM

I would love to take care of some hogs!!! I would love to stock my frezzer with some good sausage...man i havent had any good food in over a year!!! HAHA

Posted By: panch0

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 06:47 PM

Sorry about your mis fortune. Thanks for your service also. Be safe out there and get home safely. I have found out that folks on this forum are some of the best around.

Posted By: armedferret

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 06:52 PM

TH, sorry to hear about your wife. Definitely get with Fo4 when you return; I'm heading down this coming weekend (6-9) and I'll do my best to leave some pork for ya. wink

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 08:27 PM

Great PM returned.

Posted By: BORN2HUNT

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 09:58 PM

First of all thanks a lot for your service bud. We all appreciate what your doing. And sorry about the divorce she just dosent realize what she gave up. You seem like a great guy just holding up his end of the bargain. Stay strong, safe and get your arse back to Texas. Good luck in the future bud.
flag texas

Posted By: Bulldawg

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 10:07 PM

Give me a PM when you get back. I am giving away free hog hunts for active duty and I'll get you in one.

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: helomech
Sorry to hear about your wife, and thanks for you service also. If you are looking to kill a hog, I may be able to hook you up also. Send me a pm when you get back, and we can work out a date. Of course no charge, and you can stay in my house. cheers
Can't promise a hog, but the other soldier 1Fowlhunter got a nice one, and here is a pic for you.

That he can....Brad is ONE HELL OF A GUY TOO, as well as his Wife Missy....If you can get with him on a date you'll have a blast....

Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 10:16 PM

You're not divorcing the inlaws, just their daughter...Maybe you are still okay there and get to hunt some.....
No words I say can calm the frenzy but you must maintain and be the better person than she was.
Thank you for your service in the military, so I may stay free.

Posted By: TexasVine

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 10:34 PM

Thank you for your service. I am sorry to here about your situation back home. Please remember God works in funny ways. I wish you a safe return.
Mike

Posted By: rsquared

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 11:40 PM

x2 on the inlaws..
if she is truly the cheater, they may not think too highly of her anyway.

besides, when is she even going to ask if you are still hunting out there...

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/01/09 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: 1FowlHntR

That he can....Brad is ONE HELL OF A GUY TOO, as well as his Wife Missy....If you can get with him on a date you'll have a blast....

Thanks Criss, I hope I can get him one as easy as I yours. We had a blast and am looking forward to having you out again for another hog.

Posted By: krs_2007

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 12:20 AM

Sorry about the wife, but wanted to say Thanks for your service. Keep your head clear, your butt down and be safe.

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 12:30 AM

Thanks Criss, I hope I can get him one as easy as I yours. We had a blast and am looking forward to having you out again for another hog.
I think Ryan is trying to plan a deer hunt...maybe we could plan for then? or I'm always up for a midget doe hunt

Posted By: mboswell

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 12:49 AM

Howdy and Thanks for your service.
Please get ahold of me or FOF and let us know when you will be back , I am extending the invite to come and hunt with us here at the HWS program seeing as how FOF saw fit to make me number 2 guy, only 2 of us...lol
Anyway shoot me or him a message and let us know !

Posted By: KG68

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 12:54 AM

Get yourself back to Texas young man. Sounds like you got friends here that are waiting to entertain you and help relieve some of that stress you are suffering from. Thanks and God Bless you for your service.

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: 1FowlHntR
I think Ryan is trying to plan a deer hunt...maybe we could plan for then? or I'm always up for a midget doe hunt

I only want to take 2 does this year, and my niece is going to try for her first. That only leaves 2 deer (one buck, and one doe) for me, Missy, Devin, and Dylan to split. Wish I had more deer, but I do have hogs and would be glad to have you take all you can get.

Since we only eat what we kill, this year is going to be hard. Two deer won't last long. Going to be eating lots of hog this year.

Posted By: Arrow_Splitter10

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 02:10 AM

hey bud we appreciate everything yall do for us! Hit me up when you get back and we will bust some ducks if you would like

Posted By: piney woods hunter

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 05:20 AM

young man let me first thank you for the job you are doing on our behalf , sorry to hear about your mishaps i see you are from canton, when you get back give me a e mail and i would be glad to take you on a weekend hog hunt or deer if you make it back in time a deer hunt, you could be a guess hunter with me on my lease . it would be a free range hunt and could not make any kill promises , but some good hogs have been killed and trapped and i took a nice 8 point that would have been a nine broke brow tine with a 16 inche spread . i live in hughes springs if you know were that is about 70 miles from tyler not to far at all from canton send me a pm when you get home or feel free to stay in touch would love to talk hunting any time you got a internet connetion keep you,re head down and get back to canton and texas safe

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 07:16 AM

I am so blessed to have such good friends like all yall!! Everyone keep me posted and i cant wait to get home!!!

Posted By: father of 4

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 12:24 PM

Texas Hunter, You have been officially INVITED. Bring your Gun and your will to shoot something. Sorry to hear about the trouble your going thru but like you said, Everything happens for a reason my Friend. Been there and Done that. If it were not for my First Wife leaving me, I would not have found the most Wonderful Woman in the World. Good luck and look forward to meeting you in Person. Dont worry about blankets or covers, we got you there along with a bed and some good TV too lol. Get home Safe is the Payment you have to pay though.

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 01:03 PM

Thank all you guys for everything!! I cant wait to see each and every one of yall!!

Posted By: passthru

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntingTexas
God bless you and thank-you for your service. Sorry about your wife, maybe one day you will find someone who lives up to their wedding vows. Keep your chin up and your head down.

Well put and +1 from me. Keep your head in the game and come home safe. There is always pig hunting if you miss deer season.

Posted By: BenBob

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 03:19 PM

Thanks for your service and sorry about your situation.

Posted By: Shake1

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 08:09 PM

God bless you and all the men and women you serve with. You are what makes this country such a great place for us to live in.

Thank you!

Posted By: Driller

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 08:20 PM

Hey buddy when you get home PM me and if you can handle the 17 mile drive over to Grand Saline we will put a hurtin on some swine. I hunt the bottoms and have as many pigs as anybody around up

Posted By: Fran

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/02/09 09:28 PM

Thanks for all you do buddy! hope you can get a hunt in when you get back, you deserve it. God Bless and stay safe

TJF

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/03/09 06:25 AM

Sry to hear, keep a positve attitude and come back safe, then u can find u a new better half!!

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/03/09 06:25 AM

Thanks everyone once again for the support!! And i hope to see all of yall when i get back!!

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/03/09 06:35 AM

I live at lake fork, if u like to fish give me a call, I'm a full time bass guide, we can go out for a bit!

Posted By: janie

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/03/09 02:06 PM

Brian, it's HER loss and I'll leave it at that. We've got 1900 acres in East Texas and every hog out there needs a blast cap to the a$$.

Give me a shout when you get back. We'd be happy to take you out there. Stay safe!

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/03/09 02:12 PM

Ill be there!!
And thank yall so much for everything!!!

Cant wait to fill my freezers smile

Posted By: lovernotafighter

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/25/09 06:44 AM

Does anyone on THF have MLD or LAMPS permits they could dontate? This would accomplish a late season hunt for this young man. I offered a deer tag to bulldawg on his active duty hunt, so hopefully someone doesn't mind parting with one. It would be a nice gesture.

Posted By: lovernotafighter

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/25/09 06:48 AM

I missed page two of the thread. Man there are some outstanding individuals on THF!

Posted By: azcoyote

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/25/09 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: lovernotafighter
I missed page two of the thread. Man there are some outstanding individuals on THF!

x2

Seems like there are some great folks on this site!! texas

Posted By: Inky Doc

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/25/09 02:11 PM

I went through the same $h!t a year ago with my ex. I was in Baghdad all of 2008 and she couldn't handle being home with all the extra money either. You keep your head up and go see Gordon and Mike... you'll feel all better!

Mike... tell Gordon to make me the #3 guy so you can be in the middle... where you like it, lol.

Posted By: quick&quiet

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/25/09 03:11 PM

hey bud thanks for doin what you do for me and all of your fellow TEXANS. be safe and get home, texas misses ya. don't stress bout stuff you can't control. good news is you will be back in time for the SPLIT TAIL SEASON. find you a trophy. best of luck to you.

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/25/09 03:59 PM

THATS right boys lol ill be on that SPIT TAIL SEASON IN NO TIME LOL and maybe i can find me one like Tiffany Lokasky wink

But thanks everyone and ill be thinking about all yalls good hunts tomorrow on thankgiving and rootin for OUR COWBOYS!!!!

Posted By: quick&quiet

Re: Hey from IRAQ!! - 11/25/09 07:00 PM

good to see you have standards like that. man thats a keeper. well i'm headin to the lease fri after work. i'll drink a cold one for all y'all like i always do.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum