Texas Hunting Forum

buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!!

Posted By: hoyt1991

buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 02:03 AM

so im sitting in my room and the phone rings tonight at 8:45 is .....there this is buck masters...how is your hunting season would you please become a member $$$$$ for these free prizes.....i hang up on them and five minutes later they call back asking if my unlce is there i just say no and hang up on them again.........i can understand calling in the eraly afternoon but this late at night and plus they have called one bfore and i said i wasnt interested.

Posted By: CFR

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 02:07 AM

I know what you mean. It doesn't stop even if you join. Then, they try to sell you their other magazines.

Posted By: hoyt1991

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 02:09 AM

i havent even been to ther website how in the world did they get my info better yet my phone number. i live with my grandma so how did they no to call her phone and not my dads...how only live about 100yds across the pasture. haha

Posted By: Big Tony

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 02:12 AM

Yea, wait 'till your subsribtion (sp) expires. You aint seen nuthin' yet. But you always know it's them. "how was your hunting season"

Posted By: Curly

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 02:12 AM

That would urinate me off too!

Posted By: Stax

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Tony
Yea, wait 'till your subsribtion (sp) expires. You aint seen nuthin' yet. But you always know it's them. "how was your hunting season"

Bingo!!! They have been wearing me out to! I finally told them in a Texas Trophy Hunter guy and aint changin!

Posted By: B-swit

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 03:32 AM

i know exactly what you mean man. they were calling me for a while. it just stopped not to long ago.

Posted By: SpoonPlatoon

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Stax08

Bingo!!! They have been wearing me out to! I finally told them in a Texas Trophy Hunter guy and aint changin!

TTH does the same thing to me. Love the magazine. Cant afford it most of the time.

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: B-switalski
i know exactly what you mean man. they were calling me for a while. it just stopped not to long ago.

They'll be back. They're relentless.

Posted By: tkuehn5410

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 04:03 AM

I absolutely hate getting calls from them and it seems that no matter what they call every 6 months! I'm tired of it!

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 04:16 AM

Last time they called, I handed the phone to my grandson (he's 2) and went outside. They had a nice 30 minute conversation about a "Booboo' he had on his leg.

Posted By: Stax

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 04:21 AM

Last time they called, I handed the phone to my grandson (he's 2) and went outside. They had a nice 30 minute conversation about a "Booboo' he had on his leg.

Thats funny....I have let me 11 year take a few of thier recent calls as well as other Tele Gekes...Its funny to watch him try to get a deep voice and screw with them! rofl

Posted By: Egore_texas_hunter

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 05:20 AM

Have any of you requested to talk to a manager and told the manager to put you on a "do not call list"? Just curious.

Posted By: deerslayer64d

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 11:21 AM

thay called me every day for over 7 munths even after I told them NEVER NEVER call this number again !!!! I wont even watch there show anymore !!

Posted By: 56txoval

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 11:33 AM

My phone calls started right after I entered their Texas hunt giveaway. After the 2nd call I got irate and requested they don't call again.I think I got one more call and then they stopped. Their calls always came late in the evening. I guess I didn't win the hunt bs

Posted By: daulongranch

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 11:59 AM

They can call until 9pm. I usually just tell them that I am not interested and to please remove me from their calling list. I do not want to be called again. It usually works. Either that, or I'll tell them that I'll go get him and set the handset down and go back to what I was doing. Later, I'll hang up the phone.

Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: 56txoval

My phone calls started right after I entered their Texas hunt giveaway. After the 2nd call I got irate and requested they don't call again.I think I got one more call and then they stopped. Their calls always came late in the evening. I guess I didn't win the hunt bs

Mine started after I entered the hunt too. What they don't know is that they have to drive right past my driveway to get to Montgomery Properties. I might just have to mess with them a little bit when they come out to return the favor. mad

Posted By: 56txoval

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: KBTXHunter

Mine started after I entered the hunt too. What they don't know is that they have to drive right past my driveway to get to Montgomery Properties. I might just have to mess with them a little bit when they come out to return the favor. mad

Sounds like a plan up

Posted By: Hawgg

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 02:04 PM

Tell them you are an activist for PETA and the magazine was necessary for research. Worked for me.

Posted By: rstewlandman

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 02:10 PM

would the do not call list work? tell them your going to record them and sue them for harassment? Dave Ramsey says give a warning and let the bull horn go in the phone, he says to do this on nagging collectors, but nagging sales calls are just as annoying, i did the do not call list and it weeds a lot out, BUT i do not have subscriptions to magazines either, usually there is a do not contact box on the card you use to get it...

Posted By: ETXbuckman

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 02:17 PM

"Mine started after I entered the hunt too. What they don't know is that they have to drive right past my driveway to get to Montgomery Properties. I might just have to mess with them a little bit when they come out to return the favor."

Jackie hates snakes and they're always doing some practical joke to him about it...I wonder if there's something that you could do along those lines. I made the mistake of signing up for one of those hunts using my work phone (didn't want them wasting my cell minutes). They haven't called me in a while- knock on wood- but I still HATE solicitation calls when I'm at the office.

Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 02:39 PM

I joined once cuz they were offering something worth more then the price of the magazine for a 1 year subscription! I let the subscription run out b cuz their mag stinks and I cannot even begin to tell you how many more month-----years I got the magazine with a letter each month that it would be my last copy!!!!

I cannot stomach his show either. I've seen Bushmaster shoot more good 2 & 3 year old bucks then I care to remember just to make a show! I'd have a lot more respect for the guy if he'd have let them walk and explained why he let them walk! Pathetic!!!

And before anyone comes on here and tries to nail my arse to a board about being a tropy hunter and all that garbage, I'm not saying anything at all is wrong with filling your freezer. But the simple fact is that if he had to kill something he could have left those young bucks walk and shot a doe!

Posted By: MTA0019

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 04:10 PM

i just told them to take me off the calling list and haven't had one since. i signed up for a hunt with them i thats the reason i started gettin the calls.

Posted By: the rattler

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 04:51 PM

You need to use the phrase " Please place me on your do not call list, I have your name & company thru my caller ID & if you keep calling I will turn your company in to the FCC."

It usually stops them & watch the paper for the websites to sign up for the nocaller list & register. You have to do it about every other yr as only companies in business at the time you register are blocked. New companies start up & they will start all over in time. But it "certainly" as Curly would say helps!

Posted By: B-swit

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/09/09 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: HawgNutz
Tell them you are an activist for PETA and the magazine was necessary for research. Worked for me.
flehannice thinking

Posted By: cbump

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/10/09 06:12 PM

same story different year. Buckmasters has always been this way.

Posted By: brian88

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/10/09 06:18 PM

ya screw those guys that would drive me crazy too

Posted By: Linkage

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/11/09 01:10 AM

It took me reporting them to the BBB to get them off my back from calling every other day.

Posted By: batman

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/11/09 04:37 PM

When my son was @ 5 yrs old, I signed him up as a "Young Buck". Shortly afterward a soliciter called and asked to speak to Ol' ***. I mistakenly gave them my son's nickname. It may not have been them, but I can think on know one else that it could have been.

Posted By: Makwa

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/11/09 05:28 PM

Buckmasters is a PITA, but then so is NAHC. I belonged to both.....once..............never again. For a while the NAHC was like Readers Digest with all of the crap they were sending in the mail.

Posted By: murfdog

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/11/09 08:42 PM

The show used to be good back in the 90's. He does a lot of charity hunts for publicity but they only get to shoot YOUNG culls or small 8 pointers. The show is relying on guests from other shows to bring in ratings. He's more proud of his catfish contest than anything else. The show is a waste of 30 min. in my opinion. The whole snake thing is a little exaggerated because everybody thinks its funny, whatever. Shows over.

Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/11/09 10:16 PM

they call once a week like clock-work. i entertain their calls for the first part...."yea had a good season, already killed a doe this year....blah blah" then the part of selling stuff comes up....i hang up everytime. Maybe im weird, but i think its funny to get them worked up about having a nice voice on the other end of the phone...then CLICK!

Half the time they call, i answer and theres nothing on the other end of the phone.....just dead silence. im wondering if they have some machine to call multiple people at a time and then they talk to whoever picks up first. either way the calls are getting old...and i will use some of the brilliant advice suggested in this thread next time.

Posted By: TexasVine

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/12/09 01:22 AM

I have had the evening calls as well. Last call I asked the guy for his home phone number, he replied why. I told him I would call him back at his home when he was eating dinner to give him my reply. Actually I feel for these folks, what a hard job!
Mike

Posted By: WTGuide

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/12/09 04:07 PM

I just speak to them in chinese the whole time. They get frustrated and hangup....works everytime for me..... banana

Posted By: horn section

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/12/09 06:35 PM

They were calling me once a day for awhile. It finally stopped. But they would always call later in the evening and that would frustrate me. Even after I told them 10 I have no job so no money. I finally asked them to write it down and talk to a supervisor. No more calls since.

One guy I tried to make a deal with him. THat if he really wanted me to subscribe that he would have to find me a good job in my area. He said he didn't live anywhere close to me and so he couldn't do it. I guess he just wasn't that good of a salesmand and that I can't buy the magazine. He then hung up on me.

Posted By: Auctioneer1

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/12/09 11:32 PM

That whole show has turned into a joke they called me twice a day at one time I told them if Jackie would call I would talk to them never did and the calls stoped. If he would have called me I would have gave him a ear full.

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/13/09 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: WTGuide
I just speak to them in chinese the whole time. They get frustrated and hangup....works everytime for me..... banana

i talk indian to them and it pisses them off.

Posted By: notamtchance

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/13/09 01:16 AM

I was at my moms house when she got a phone call like that and she freaked me out when she started barking at them like a dog. By the way it worked they hungup the phon e and she never got a call again from them. It was way to funny.

Posted By: Parker

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/13/09 03:49 AM

Not a fan of theirs, at all. They started that calling BS. I told the guy, politely, that I was not interested in Jackie or the magazine and to not call my house again. No phone call since. Telemarketers have a hard job. I'd never want to do it.

Posted By: WTGuide

Re: buck masters is starting to make me really mad!!! - 10/14/09 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: notamtchance
I was at my moms house when she got a phone call like that and she freaked me out when she started barking at them like a dog. By the way it worked they hungup the phon e and she never got a call again from them. It was way to funny.

Nice touch!....I might talk chinese and bark..... roflmao

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum