Texas Hunting Forum

Outdoor Annual

Posted By: ntxtrapper

Outdoor Annual - 09/07/23 08:10 PM

I’m just sentimental about having the real thing to read. Anyone else that way?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/07/23 08:15 PM

Now you've gone and made me have to go by Walmart sometime. bang
Posted By: kry226

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/07/23 08:30 PM

Yup. Used to keep one in the truck every year.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/07/23 08:35 PM

yep, I usually keep one in my truck and travel trailer for quick reference ... That reminds me, they should mail one with the license when we buy online (should being the key word). Maybe Walmart or Academy will have one on my next trip there.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/07/23 08:45 PM

Academy in Hurst, today, didn’t have one. I just got my license.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/08/23 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Academy in Hurst, today, didn’t have one. I just got my license.

The last time I was at Academy, the employee told me they aren't printed anymore. I just rolled my eyes and left.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/08/23 01:12 AM

You can print the pdf here: https://tpwd.texas.gov/documents/237/pwd_bk_l2000_1170a.pdf
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/08/23 04:50 PM

I prefer the paper copy if I can find it.

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/08/23 06:13 PM

Boerne Walmart doesn't have 'em, but there was actually a live Walmart employee selling a guy a license. 'Haven't seen that in years at a Walmart.

Originally Posted by krmitchell

Thanks for the link. I've had the app for a few years. That'll have to do for now.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/08/23 06:14 PM

much prefer to read the annual in print rather than online
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/09/23 01:12 PM

Having spent the last 27 years in the printing industry I know what it cost to print those annuals. As a kid/young man I'd thumb through the entire manual so I certainly understand why some prefer it. Today, I'd rather find what I need to know online before heading to the field than to pay more elsewhere to cover printing costs.

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/09/23 01:40 PM

? I think "we're" paying for it to be printed anyway. You just have to find where they're distributed.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/09/23 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
much prefer to read the annual in print rather than online

I still use paper maps when traveling and planning trips….printed manuals for me please….and NOT a damn PDF I have to print out… 2cents
Posted By: claypool

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/10/23 03:02 PM

I am comfortable using the app, but much prefer the book. Definitely harder to find. I am sure that as us older guys age out that eventually the app will be the only way.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/10/23 03:09 PM

I have the app but I spend quite a bit of time in areas with no cell service. No service means no app. I would rather keep a printed copy of regs in my truck but those days are going away unless you download and print it yourself.
Posted By: claypool

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/10/23 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by QMC SW/EXW
I have the app but I spend quite a bit of time in areas with no cell service. No service means no app. I would rather keep a printed copy of regs in my truck but those days are going away unless you download and print it yourself.

Exactly
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/10/23 09:09 PM

I download the pdf to my phone, then create a link to the downloaded pdf to one of the home pages on the phone. No cell service or TPWD app is needed to open it.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/10/23 09:38 PM

They didn't have any at Academy when I got my License this year
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/10/23 11:27 PM

Not when I got my license at Academy
Posted By: Kraken

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/11/23 12:48 AM

I sure like to have a hard copy in my truck.
Posted By: GeneralLefty

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/11/23 11:25 AM

Everything is digital nowadays
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/11/23 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper John
I download the pdf to my phone, then create a link to the downloaded pdf to one of the home pages on the phone. No cell service or TPWD app is needed to open it.

Some of these guys have no clue what you just said.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Outdoor Annual - 09/16/23 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Originally Posted by Sniper John

Some of these guys have no clue what you just said.

PDF ???
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: Outdoor Annual - 11/05/23 01:36 PM

Last year there was a place on the tpwd website you could get a free paper copy mailed just had to pay shipping, can't find it this year? I think 2020 was the only year they didn't produce a paper copy, I collect these going way back. I wonder how the artist that produces the cover every year feels about them pushing digital only mad
Posted By: JCB

Re: Outdoor Annual - 11/05/23 01:51 PM

I miss the days of 20% off Bass Pro coupons in those annuals. Each annual was like a $100 bill if you bought a $500 scope. Guns were not discounted but scopes were.
Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: Outdoor Annual - 11/05/23 02:19 PM

The app works without cell service, update it at home and you can peruse throughout the season.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum