Texas Hunting Forum

If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group...

Posted By: StoneyLarue13

If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 03:08 AM

...who would it be?

Edit: I knew I'd forget one fairly big name, so sorry to all the Keith Warren fans! I admit he's a good one!

Posted By: rifleman

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 03:28 AM

I'm east texan...Billy&Willy get my vote.

Posted By: AmoCuernos

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 03:43 AM

I'd love to hunt with some people that are dead when they were hunting.

Posted By: CTK3

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 03:50 AM

I like Jim Shockey, he is the only one I really watch.

Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 04:00 AM

I voted "Other".I would like to hunt with Ross Seigfried.He is all about the hunt and not the other BS that can come with it. Not as well known as the rest, but he is an accomplished hunter and firearm expert. He has written some of the best articles in Handloader, Rifle, and Petersons Hunting magizines. He has his own elk hunting outfit in Oregon, and only books a few hunts per year.

Posted By: kdub

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 04:24 AM

Duck Commander, heck yeah, he'll tell you about Jesus and bite mallard heads at the same time. Cool Guy.

Posted By: caddokiller

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 04:54 AM

I voted for lee and tiffany lakosky, but really lee could just leave me and tiffany alone.

Posted By: devildog28

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 05:03 AM

Duck Commander for me!

A no nonsense kinda guy but still has humor that sneaks through.

And as far as women goes I'm taking Pam Zaitz over Tiffany because she's a good 'ol Texas gal!

Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 05:21 AM

Quote:

I voted for lee and tiffany lakosky, but really lee could just leave me and tiffany alone.

x2 on Tiffany. That is one gorgeous woman.

Posted By: droptine43

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 05:32 AM

I voted other, it would be Jack Brittingham!

Posted By: Big Tony

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 05:48 AM

The Duck Commander for sure. He reminds me of my F-I-L. God rest his soul. Phil talks and acts just like him.

Posted By: dkershen

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 05:52 AM

Craig Boddington.

Posted By: kuntry_kid

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 06:08 AM

Keith Warren!

Posted By: Stoney

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 06:10 AM

Elmer Keith....If you could resurrect him

Posted By: scattergun

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 07:13 AM

Teddy R. would have been a first class trip.

Posted By: Curly

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 07:17 AM

Michael Waddell all the way. He seems like a hoot and a really down to Earth fella. He also appreciates the game he takes for eating and not just the trophy aspect....sort of like like Ted does.....but please, let's not get started on Ted again. LOL

Posted By: poisonivie

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 07:23 AM

Keith Warren

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 07:32 AM

Brittany Boddington would be great to hunt with!

As long as she doesn't keep her rifle loaded.

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 08:00 AM

Quote:

Only if he brought that hot daughter of his along!

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 08:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Only if he brought that hot daughter of his along!

or his hilarious dad and father-in-law!

Posted By: psycho0819

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 06:48 PM

"Other"..........Best of the West group.

Jay

Posted By: rifleman

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 07:02 PM

I may would go on a trip with Cindy Garrison.... she's old enough to be my mom, but perhaps I could learn something new....in the outdoors.

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 07:18 PM

Larry Weishunh, because he loves to rattle those south Texas, house pasture bucks.

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 09:18 PM

Quote:

Larry Weishunh, because he loves to rattle those south Texas, house pasture bucks.

X2

Posted By: skidmore88

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/09/09 11:44 PM

Fred Bear...

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/10/09 12:13 AM

Larry Weishun is a Joke

Posted By: Texpppr

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/10/09 12:33 AM

Teddy Roosevelt... Those were some safaris

Posted By: highlonesome1

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/10/09 12:35 AM

Dick Cheney, just to ask him one question.

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/10/09 12:44 AM

Quote:

Elmer Keith....If you could resurrect him

A few weeks ago there was a similar thread, and I said Elmer Keith. I got a few smart a?? comments. I dont think many people really know about him that much.

Posted By: big rack hunter 137

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/10/09 12:45 AM

i dont hunt with black powder but hes good

Posted By: volsdad

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/10/09 12:57 AM

My father, just one more time.

Posted By: M16

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/10/09 01:48 AM

Pam Zaitz

Posted By: MacD37

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/10/09 02:20 AM

I voted "OTHER" simply because there wasn't a spot for "NONE OF THE ABOVE"

.................Craig Boddington, or Steve Robinson (Shikari)of Tanzania

Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/10/09 11:30 PM

Waddell. I would love to just be in camp with that guy for a week. If you couldn't have a good time in that week then you probably never would.

Posted By: age n score

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/11/09 12:33 AM

I'd love to hunt with Chief Running Deer of the Apache tribe.

Posted By: coolie

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/11/09 12:35 AM

Curt Gowdy

Posted By: jodster

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/11/09 12:37 AM

Quote:

Fred Bear...

Good choice!

Posted By: ouixch

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/11/09 01:47 AM

I'd like to talk hunting with Michael Waddell, but I'd definitely share a blind with Tiffany Lakosky.........good lord is that a gorgeous woman

Posted By: 7mag

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/11/09 01:56 AM

Teddy Roosevelt, the man is an icon. I can only imagine how his wheels spun, both as president and as a hunter

Posted By: 7mag

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/11/09 01:58 AM

Quote:

Larry Weishun is a Joke

Wow I think he is a pretty cool guy, he is coming out to hunt and film with us this year. I guess I will find out

Posted By: rsquared

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/11/09 05:09 AM

i chose shockey... i like that he wears half gloves in the icy cold

but... what about our own celebrity hunters at Fat Boy Outdoors.... where is the love for them..

Posted By: Tanner_Krause

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/11/09 11:06 PM

Tiffany lights my fire!!!

Posted By: bigmike_ml21

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/11/09 11:16 PM

Primos boys. They all seem like they like to have a good time in camp as much as they like to hunt. Plus, they always get on some big bucks.

Posted By: o2bwest

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/12/09 02:53 AM

I only know who 3 of those guys are.

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/12/09 03:17 AM

Quote:

Tiffany lights my fire!!!

The question was who would you "hunt" with....how much hunting could you do in a stand with her?

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/12/09 03:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Larry Weishun is a Joke

Wow I think he is a pretty cool guy, he is coming out to hunt and film with us this year. I guess I will find out

He pistol hunts too much for me, haha. I've seen him miss a lot of deer using a pistol, yes, he's taken a lot but still seems to miss a lot. At least he doesn't bow hunt like most TV hunters seem to have gone completely to. It's kinda neat yet funny to me that all of Larry's grunting comes from his vocal chords and not a call.

Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/12/09 04:55 AM

The General....R.I.P.

Benelli's American Bird Hunter...

As Good as a Dog Can Be.....

Randy Lack is Spastic....He is non-stop

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/12/09 06:11 AM

Now that Tom Knapp is doing big game hunting on TV I think he'd be fun to hunt with. I seen him bust a Oryx twice the other day. Perfect heart shot while it was running from the first perfect heart shot. Not too many folks that can do that.

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/12/09 06:14 AM

Tiffany

Posted By: Hoytman

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/12/09 03:10 PM

Cant stand larry and love tiff!

Posted By: daulongranch

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/13/09 09:57 PM

President Nugent, for sure.

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/13/09 10:02 PM

Larry kinda annoys me too. I watched him miss a deer like 40 yards away 3 times with his rinky dink pistol!!!!

Like someone else said it does kinda aggrivate me that bows are 90% of the action on TV. And then they're using muzzleloaders that are everything but traditional.

Posted By: retfuz

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/13/09 10:50 PM

Jack O'Connor

Posted By: Two Boot

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/13/09 11:46 PM

Mr. Roy Weatherby

Posted By: Shake1

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/13/09 11:55 PM

Group hunt with Dick Cheney and Nancy Pelosi. <grin>

Posted By: WTF

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/14/09 12:53 AM

Just Tiffany LaKosky and I....

Im just sayin'

LOL

Posted By: 10pointers

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/14/09 04:41 AM

MY Grandfather if he was alive still, A host of family and friends. None of the above even make my million list. But if it had to be anybody Keith Warren or Ted Nugent.

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/14/09 05:36 AM

Quote:

Mr. Roy Weatherby

Thats a good idea. Maybe he could have gotten you to quit missing.

Posted By: kowlot

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/14/09 05:40 AM

Randy Lack in New Mexico because I love chasing blues.

Posted By: OFBHWG

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/14/09 03:33 PM

Mr. Waddil no doubt

Posted By: jdickey

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/14/09 04:21 PM

On the list....JIM SHOCKEY. Like the fact that most of his hunts are muzzleload hunts, and he's very good at it!

Off the list....Keith Warren. I've hunted with him and he's just a great guy to hunt with as well as his family.

And....my DAD...the best outdoorsman I've ever known.

Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/14/09 05:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mr. Roy Weatherby

Thats a good idea. Maybe he could have gotten you to quit missing.

HeHeHeHeHe

Posted By: Stax

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/14/09 07:12 PM

Quote:

My father, just one more time.

+1

Posted By: Wildphilhickup

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/15/09 03:16 AM

I want to hunt with Dick Chaney, but only if O'Bama promises to come along.

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/16/09 09:48 PM

hahaha^

Posted By: Wade Middleton

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/17/09 12:41 AM

My son........he's not famous but after hunting or sharing a camp with many of the folks on the list you've all listed I've got to say he's more fun to be with be it doves or deer!

Lets see checked off the list: Dick Cabelas was one of my favorites to hunt with personally. We were hunting turkeys and I've got some funny stories off that one. The Larry Bozka rutting trip was a memorable one as well on my list. Alan Warren many times as he's who helped me get a start in the industry. Jeff Kriet while not a famous hunter he's funny to hunt with as things always go wrong for him no matter how hard I work to avoid it! The list is long for sure...........Winkleman, Pearson, Brousard, Parker, Peter Brown, Tim Schnell, etc etc etc.....finally I'd have to say anyone going for thier first Texas buck I love to show them what mature ones are!

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/20/09 08:30 PM

Looks like the Bone Collector boys are takin' it lol

Posted By: Tx_Phantom

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/20/09 08:40 PM

WTH?

Where is the option for Texas Cornhusker?

bs up

Posted By: Earl

Re: If you could hunt with one famous hunter/hunting group... - 08/20/09 08:45 PM

I want to know why it says Lee/Tiffany Lakosky?

I want to get "up close" with Tiffany...I don't want Lee in the same state (sorry Lee)....

Earl

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum