Texas Hunting Forum

Could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck

Posted By: Avidhunter5897

Could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck - 03/06/23 07:29 PM

So, could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck?
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck - 03/06/23 07:34 PM

Probably not in one sitting. Other critters would come along and help eat it.
Posted By: Double AC

Re: Could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck - 03/06/23 10:16 PM

Read that a coyote can eat up to 10lbs in one sitting, so it would definitely need some help eating that
Posted By: NGHTTRN

Re: Could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck - 03/07/23 01:56 PM

It probably takes more than one coyote to take one down in the first place unless they get lucky.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck - 03/07/23 02:02 PM

bobcat or yote can take them down pretty easy. Biggest difference would be habitat, if Blk buck stays in wide open its better at evading predators
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck - 03/07/23 02:44 PM

I hunted a place where we found a fresh bb kill. The buzzards showed us where the kill was at mid-day; it was a spot we would have noticed the day before. Based on scat and prints, it was definitely coyotes. Not sure how many, but coyotes can definitely kill an adult blackbuck.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck - 03/07/23 03:14 PM

Not sure how much a song dog can eat but they rarely come solo.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck - 03/08/23 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Not sure how much a song dog can eat but they rarely come solo.

Watched pack of 7 kill a pronghorn doe in Montana Ran a herd of about 20 speed goats into a fence the one they got did nto get caught in the fence but hit it hard, the others cleared the fence.

Not telling how many ate 2 pigs that were about 75lbs each that I shot one afternoon then killed 2 yotes same place the next morning. There was lots of yote tracks in the snd but nothing findable of the pigs. One of the yotes was by far the heaviest I have ever killed weighed 45lbs I bet 5 lbs or more was pork in the gut.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Could a coyote eat an adult blackbuck - 03/08/23 02:16 PM

Coyotes don't chase deer for fun. They will run an adult deer to the point of exhaustion and then take it down when it has nothing left to put up a fight.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum