Texas Hunting Forum

Lewisville Pawn PSA....

Posted By: Jons3825

Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/14/23 09:55 PM

I know there are some in here that use Lewisville Pawn for FFL. Sad news today. The owner was shot and killed this morning by 3 attackers.

https://www.cityoflewisville.com/Home/Components/News/News/6394/710?backlist=%2Fhome
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/14/23 09:58 PM

Unbelievably sad.
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/14/23 10:05 PM

Very sad. I hope they catch the perps.
Posted By: Big A

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/14/23 10:05 PM

damn I have been there a few times for pickups if it is who I think it was he will be missed.
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/14/23 10:06 PM

Got to be kidding me, Daniel was a great guy. Big time Christian so I know where he is. I am sad. His dad is there sometimes to.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/14/23 10:36 PM

Unbelievable I've used him several times for transfers.
So sad for his family. frown
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/14/23 11:01 PM

Just terrible. angel
Posted By: Birdboy

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/14/23 11:19 PM

That's so sad. Great guy and would talk hunting or guns all day
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/14/23 11:37 PM

Sad... I hope they catch them and save us the cost of a trial.
Posted By: Z71nTexas

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 01:45 AM

Very sad for his family. My heart goes out to them. He was honest, professional and a guy you could trust.

I know the LPD will catch the criminals responsible...
Posted By: Dink Dodger

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bassdeer
Got to be kidding me, Daniel was a great guy. Big time Christian so I know where he is. I am sad. His dad is there sometimes to.

Couldn't have said it better. Super nice guy.
My wife showed me this earlier on FB, I am beyond pizzed and sad. I would go in for transfers and end up BSing with him for an hour.
RIP Daniel, you’ll be missed.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 03:05 AM

This is really sad - he was great guy did bunch of transfers with back in the day. damn!
I hope the scum that did this all go to the electric chair! mad
Posted By: duffas

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 03:19 AM

Wondered why LE was at the LGS this morning.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 01:46 PM

R.I.P. angel
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 04:34 PM

So very sad indeed

Hope they catch them and stick a needle in all of them!
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 05:48 PM

The 3 had been to several other shops trying to buy guns and turned down every time. Apparently, the got tired of being turned down.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
The 3 had been to several other shops trying to buy guns and turned down every time. Apparently, the got tired of being turned down.

Do you have this from a reliable source? If this is true, that will make this pretty easy to determine their identities and get them in jail.

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 07:59 PM

I know folks in the community. We used to own the pawn shop in Corporate Park, just off Corporate and old 121.

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 08:59 PM

I know folks in the community. We used to own the pawn shop in Corporate Park, just off Corporate and old 121.

So if they got turned down attempting to buy guns at a retail level, there's some record, and likely some on camera footage. Big piece of the puzzle.

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

So if they got turned down attempting to buy guns at a retail level, there's some record, and likely some on camera footage. Big piece of the puzzle.

You are extrapolating a bit, but no doubt there is some camera footage. Sometimes there are red flags (age, drunk, stoned, angry, suicidal, making statements to indicate illegal intent, etc.) that will disqualify folks long before there is any paperwork.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 10:01 PM

Please keep us informed so we'll know the POS's have been caught.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 10:06 PM

This falls in line with the reported uptick in vehicle break in's where thugs are stealing guns and leaving other valuables behind. They're finding it harder to buy what they want both on the street and in the stores.

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

You are extrapolating a bit, but no doubt there is some camera footage. Sometimes there are red flags (age, drunk, stoned, angry, suicidal, making statements to indicate illegal intent, etc.) that will disqualify folks long before there is any paperwork.

So, is this what your people are telling you happened, and were these attempts same day, same car? Would have been difficult given the time of day that it occurred.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/15/23 10:46 PM

3 black males wearing hoodies in a red Ford Escape. Somebody’s baby’s momma will tell them who they were before long.
Posted By: tgltexas

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/16/23 05:17 PM

This is so sad and heartbreaking. We had a similar situation happen in Conroe a few years ago at a jewelry store, but fortunately the store owner was able to get his AK47 and fire back, dropping one of the robbers dead.
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/19/23 06:10 PM

So sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears that we are witnessing a catastrophic regression in our social structure and our government is contributing too and or is ill equipped to respond and protect us.

We may all need to leverage our constitutional rights for this lunacy appears to becoming the norm rather then an isolated occurrences.

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/19/23 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Flashprism
So sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears that we are witnessing a catastrophic regression in our social structure and our government is contributing too and or is ill equipped to respond and protect us.

We may all need to leverage our constitutional rights for this lunacy appears to becoming the norm rather then an isolated occurrences.

Interesting exercise, proclaiming based on a single murder that society is in a catastrophic regression in social structure. Violent crime is about as low as it has been in the last 30 years. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...voting-issue-but-what-does-the-data-say/

You want to take out a loan on your Constitutional rights?
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/20/23 12:49 AM

I am comforted Double Naught at you intellectual grasp of our current crime statistics and how the use of our 2nd amendment to address a potential confrontation is probably and exercise in silliness!!!!.

Even your own statistics demonstrates those ignorant city dwellers who are probably not as in tune to the real world consider violence a major concern for their quality of life/

I for one believe releasing violent criminals from prison ahead of term completion, Eliminating cash bail, not prosecuting criminals with gun violations, and lessening the severity of historically prosecutable crimes is a clear contributor to the increasing but as you note low level of crime.

I wonder if the pawn shops owners family will take solace in your low crime statistics or the many, many victims of homicides committed by criminals released on cashless bonds all of whom, until now would have been incarcerated waiting trial.

Yep I stand corrected we are truly living at a time of unprecedented tranquility!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/20/23 01:37 AM

I nearly have to ignore any post with that many exclamation points. I hate to say it because you seem to be intelligent, yet your spelling and grammar are frankly [censored], Flashprism. Can you lower your blood pressure enough to make a salient attempt at arguing your somewhat odd perspective?

It's still a sad situation and a battle over this silliness in this topic (off topic) shows there is a chasm that needs bridged. So let's spell correctly AND unite.
Posted By: slow944

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/28/23 12:46 AM

One of the people that shot the owner of the Lewisville Pawnshop was arrested either yesterday or today.

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/28/23 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by slow944
One of the people that shot the owner of the Lewisville Pawnshop was arrested either yesterday or today.

One of the suspects involved in the attempted robbery/murder was arrested, but the cops aren't saying if it was the shooter or not.
Posted By: tgltexas

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/28/23 03:03 PM

I for one believe releasing violent criminals from prison ahead of term completion, Eliminating cash bail, not prosecuting criminals with gun violations, and lessening the severity of historically prosecutable crimes is a clear contributor to the increasing but as you note low level of crime.

I hate to get lured off topic, but it seems rather hypocritical for someone to proclaim that we "all need to leverage our Constitutional rights" while ignoring or forgetting about the 8th Amendment less than 24 hours later.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/28/23 03:33 PM

How's the gun selection there? Junk or quality?
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 02/28/23 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
How's the gun selection there? Junk or quality?

Mostly lower end, but decent stuff. SA, Anderson, etc. Most people who know him used him for online transfers. He was very efficient and only charged $10.

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 03/06/23 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by slow944

One of the suspects involved in the attempted robbery/murder was arrested, but the cops aren't saying if it was the shooter or not.

Good to hear, They got one they will get them all.

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 03/07/23 09:51 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 03/08/23 12:04 AM

Prosecute to the fullest extent of the law!
I hope there is a rusty needle waiting for all 3 of these POS's at Huntsville in the near future. mad

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 11/26/23 03:26 PM

Was just down there last week to pick up a transfer. They wanted me to tell everyone they are still in business and come on down, Still have $10 transfers.
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 11/27/23 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bassdeer
Was just down there last week to pick up a transfer. They wanted me to tell everyone they are still in business and come on down, Still have $10 transfers.

Yep, I have used them several times since. Same solid service and great price it's always been.
Posted By: Kevin Heath

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 12/06/23 03:45 PM

Anyone know if this has gone to trial?

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 12/06/23 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Heath

https://gprivate.com/687kd
Posted By: Kevin Heath

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 12/08/23 12:31 AM

https://gprivate.com/687kd

Yeah I could find all that, just nothing about a trial
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Lewisville Pawn PSA.... - 12/08/23 04:08 AM

Good question. I spent about 30 minutes last week on google trying to find anything I could on the trial or outcome. Nothing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum