Texas Hunting Forum

Wyoming draw results

Posted By: Wytex

Wyoming draw results - 06/13/22 10:40 PM

Has been posted online that results come out tomorrow for elk, deer and pronghorn, elk for residents.
Leftover list will be out shortly thereafter.

Hoping for a good LQ elk license and a whitetail license to go with our general deer license we use for mule deer.
Pronghorn should be over by Saratoga, we hope.

Good luck folks.
Posted By: Hunter307

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/13/22 10:48 PM

I'm praying for the mule deer tag I've wanted for a while.

10yrs and the only limited entry tag I've drawn is four antelope tags. Never elk, never mule deer. Keep that in mind NR's when all you get is a general tag....same goes for most residents.

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/14/22 11:39 AM

Well I didn't get my mule deer tag.

But I did finally hit the elk lotto, drew a bull tag in area 22. And a late season cow tag. Will be a busy summer.

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/14/22 12:53 PM

No area 11 elk for us but we did get our whitetail licenses and our pronghorn over by Saratoga.
At least we are hunting whitetails and mule deer this year, we'll go buy general deer license for mule deer.
The ranch whitetails are our main quarry this year it looks like.

Forgot to mention we will also go buy a cow elk tag for the ranch, they go OTC with hundreds left over every year.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/14/22 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wytex
No area 11 elk for us but we did get our whitetail licenses and our pronghorn over by Saratoga.
At least we are hunting whitetails and mule deer this year, we'll go buy general deer license for mule deer.
The ranch whitetails are our main quarry this year it looks like.

Forgot to mention we will also go buy a cow elk tag for the ranch, they go OTC with hundreds left over every year.

What is the total number of cow elk tags allotted for a year? How many are left over? Can you buy more than 1?

I just can’t imagine having leftover cow elk tags as tasty as they are.

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/14/22 03:04 PM

Link to leftover cow/calf licenses : https://wgfapps.wyo.gov/QuotaAvailability/QuotaReport.aspx

Link to leftover full price cow elk licenses: https://wgfapps.wyo.gov/QuotaAvailability/QuotaReport.aspx

Some will be very limited access areas, some have pretty decent access.
Posted By: La Rue

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/14/22 05:06 PM

I drew area 47 for pronghorn.

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/14/22 05:46 PM

47 is a great tag

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/14/22 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by La Rue

Just drove through that area, Shirley Basin. Looks good.
sent you a pm

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/14/22 09:46 PM

I am in still in shock of drawing area 22. Wytex do you have any Intel on that herd?

I have an idea of where to start scouting, luckily it's a long season.

No buck antelope tag but I did draw a doe tag, my wife drew 2 doe tags.

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/14/22 11:06 PM

22 is a good area. The Ferris Mts are steep and rugged with no water, the elk will be lower down where the water is, sometimes out in the sage.
You get to hunt 111 too later.

Roads can be an issue of it rains or we get a wet snow, you won't be able to drive them, just the ones in sandy/ gravely areas will be drivable.

Good chance at a nice bull. Email or call the biologist if you can.
Posted By: Fitzwho

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/15/22 02:56 AM

Pulled a Bridger Pass Pronghorn tag (108). Took me quite a few points and the special draw.
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/24/22 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by La Rue

Me too! I've never hunted it but I gave up on going to 68 again.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/24/22 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Fitzwho
Pulled a Bridger Pass Pronghorn tag (108). Took me quite a few points and the special draw.

Wife's came out of108 in 2018. Lot's of private property there better get OnX Maps to stay out of trouble. Reach out if I can help.
86 5/8" Buck
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/24/22 03:50 PM

Very nice
Posted By: Erny

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/24/22 05:21 PM

Congratulations to you guys that drew.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/24/22 06:37 PM

Awesome...!!!

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/24/22 08:26 PM

We drew 3 cow elk licenses as a party hunt in November. Elk don't show up till the snow Flys so we'll leave here around the middle of the month.
It's a meat hunt and plenty of it.
Posted By: Fitzwho

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/25/22 01:02 PM

Angus. Yeah I have OnX and GoHunt Maps. The north end is checker-boarded and the south end is mostly public. With a couple public roads crossing some of the checkerboard. That’s an incredible goat that your wife got.

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/25/22 03:51 PM

Watch the weather out in that bentonite country, if it rains much roads are not useable.

What a beautiful buck ! Congrats to your wife sir.

Re: Wyoming draw results - 06/25/22 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fitzwho
Angus. Yeah I have OnX and GoHunt Maps. The north end is checker-boarded and the south end is mostly public. With a couple public roads crossing some of the checkerboard. That’s an incredible goat that your wife [quote=Fitzwho]Angus. Yeah I have OnX and GoHunt Maps. The north end is checker-boarded and the south end is mostly public. With a couple public roads crossing some of the checkerboard. That’s an incredible goat that your wife got.

South of Rawlins stay at Teton Reservoir 15 miles out of town, camp site bathrooms, picnic tables and trout fishing in the lake. Second to third week in October is best for this area. Goats bunch up and begin to migrate out of there. If there's a big snow they move out quickly.
Good luck,
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum