Texas Hunting Forum

Texasbowhunter.com hacked?

Posted By: Gloszz

Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/17/22 09:28 PM

Seems to me either my phone is hacked, or their website got hacked?

Not sure.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/18/22 12:19 AM

I got a login but don't care for their format. I'm a THF guy.
Posted By: Russ79

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/18/22 03:04 PM

There was a lot of discussion on TBH about a hack but I never noticed anything- some said they would try to log on and get some kind of Russian website.
Posted By: DonPablo

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/18/22 03:12 PM

It's an issue with some android devices. They're working on it but haven't fixed the issue yet.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/18/22 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by angus1956

I quit going there - way to snarky for me -
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/18/22 09:49 PM

What's the percentage of "snarky" pointed stick guys? I'm guessing 50 to 60%. bolt
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/18/22 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
What's the percentage of "snarky" pointed stick guys? I'm guessing 50 to 60%. bolt

You know it was not that way when I was a young man. Before the internet, before technology overtook primitive, before commercialization made into some kind of extreme sport. Same for duck hunting, fly fishing, and bass fishing. I don't know which changed which be it the sport or the sportsman, but the change was dramatic compared to around 50 years ago.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/18/22 10:11 PM

Amen. I don't think Fred Bear would be pleased.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/18/22 10:13 PM

do not know the percentage ................ whatever it is it is too high for me
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/18/22 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper John

You know it was not that way when I was a young man. Before the internet, before technology overtook primitive, before commercialization made into some kind of extreme sport. Same for duck hunting, fly fishing, and bass fishing. I don't know which changed which be it the sport or the sportsman, but the change was dramatic compared to around 50 years ago.

Yes sir I completely agree, I sure miss the days of going deer hunting as a kid and never knowing anything about a trail camera, compound bow, carbon arrows, heated blinds, remote controlled deer feeders and being thrilled to kill a 4 point any way I could. Now that I’m older some of those things are kinda nice though lol but I’d definitely prefer to go back to the old school ways. It seemed to be more enjoyable and laid back. These days hunting is an extreme sport with the winner measured by inches,
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/19/22 02:29 AM

Thump, I agree. 78 yoa and remember doing it the hard way without trail cams, etc.

And yet,I enjoy looking at the cam pics.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 05/19/22 04:01 AM

nothing wrong with TBH. Especially the "Around The Campfire" and "Other Side of The Fence" sections.

They have some knowledgeable gun guys there.
Posted By: Ag Hoff 90

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 03:37 PM

Bumping this old thread as I haven't been able to get on TBH the past few days.

Anyone know what's going on?
Posted By: Bullock10

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 03:53 PM

Me either
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ag Hoff 90
Bumping this old thread as I haven't been able to get on TBH the past few days.

Anyone know what's going on?

I haven’t been able to log on either
Posted By: DaveC

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 05:45 PM

Appears to still be down.

Musta gotten too close to the truth on the recent alien existence thread.
Big big brother probably pulled the plug.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 07:25 PM

Haven't been able to get on for three days.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 07:46 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sasqy 1302

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 08:19 PM

They said it would be shutdown, due to starting a new format.
Had hoped to be up in a couple days. But still working on it obviously.
TBH is a great forum, as is THF !
Can learn a lot from some of the knowledgeable members. As well as a bunch of drama and politics as well.
Just gotta find what you’re in to.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by tlk

The demographic is way different than from here.

I love the traditional section over there but the gen pop thinks they are Gods gift to everything

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 09:20 PM

Their classified are terrible, EVERY item goes under "classifieds."
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 09:33 PM

I was thinking the site is down, haven’t been able to log on since yesterday.
Posted By: claypool

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 11:06 PM

Tried to get on Saturday morning and got a notice the site was down indefinitely for maintenance. It also said they hoped to have it up a running again by Sunday but obviously that hasn’t worked out. Since sometime late Saturday even that notification is gone. Now it’s just nothing. Hope it comes back soon.
Posted By: 6.5 shooter

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/12/23 11:46 PM

I was wondering what happened as well.
Posted By: TxBuck

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 02:35 AM

Glad to am not the only one that can’t login either hopefully they get it back up.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 03:06 AM

yup- still down; glad to hear it was probably planned upgrades
Posted By: saintsfan

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 01:51 PM

Glad to know it was planned but it sucks that the website is down.
Posted By: Single Shot

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 03:02 PM

They posted the day before the site went down that they would be down for maintenance.
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 03:21 PM

chupacabra attack. Damaged the website.

Nasty critters, chupacabras...
Posted By: WendlingKnives

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 06:34 PM

Wish theyd get it fixed....im having to actually do work

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

I`ve sold several things on the TBHF classifieds without issue. Those people over there have deep pockets. Could never sell the same items here. confused2 confused2 confused2
Posted By: freerange

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by tlk

I love the traditional section over there but the gen pop thinks they are Gods gift to everything

I’m seriously curious how the demographic may be different. Anyone have any serious opinions?

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by tlk

I’m seriously curious how the demographic may be different. Anyone have any serious opinions?

IMO the overall age of folks who post there are younger than here and maybe a little less mature and considerate. Even though this place can get lively at times over there it seems there are a large number who are there just to argue and fight. It does have a significantly higher number of daily post than here but I still prefer THF over TBH

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 11:11 PM

I have a feeling it ain’t coming back.
I use to own a forum many years ago and even changing servers and platforms don’t take this long.
Just my opinion.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter
I use to own a forum many years ago and even changing servers and platforms don’t take this long.
Just my opinion.

If true it may be for the best IMO - does not represent what hunters and hunting should be all about -

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/13/23 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by tlk
Just my opinion.

If true it may be for the best IMO - does not represent what hunters and hunting should be all about -

I hope I’m wrong though. I’ve been a member there for many years, and met a lot of fine people on TBH.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/14/23 12:04 AM

Lot of haters here obviously !
It’s a free country so far, I actually prefer it over this one, but not gonna sit here and talk bad about it.
I am glad to have free forums that allow us to post things for sale, questions, and our thoughts. People on TBH seem to be more of a brotherhood than some other places. Have had more help from them than anyone here would offer, other than their opinion. I’m sure I’ll be slammed and bad mouthed here quickly for voicing my opinion.
But I’m just saying, TBH is good for its followers and maybe the haters should move on in life, and not visit such an awful site. Was told by TBH admin, just now, they are still trying to get it up and running. And hope to be back soon.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/14/23 01:08 AM

Texted Micheal on Saturday evening and learned this was a planned upgrade to the site. Sunday evening when it was still down I asked if all was ok. He texted back yes, and everything is on track.

We probably need a Texas Flyfishing forum as a back up like the THF has in the TFF.

Not going to lie. I visit the Granger Rangers on book of faces just to read post from familiar names.

Oh, I just miss a Barndnell, "Good Grief."

Posted By: Ag Hoff 90

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/14/23 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by tlk
Just my opinion.

I hope I’m wrong though. I’ve been a member there for many years, and met a lot of fine people on TBH.

Bought your skinning rack from you and sold you some .45-70 ammo from TBH classifieds.

Indeed, good people over there!

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/14/23 11:27 AM

Its back up but with a different look. Michael says still working on some things but the lack of the green of the screen is kind of jarring.
Posted By: hunter1st

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/14/23 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by sasqy 1302
It’s a free country so far, I actually prefer it over this one, but not gonna sit here and talk bad about it.
I am glad to have free forums that allow us to post things for sale, questions, and our thoughts. People on TBH seem to be more of a brotherhood than some other places. Have had more help from them than anyone here would offer, other than their opinion. I’m sure I’ll be slammed and bad mouthed here quickly for voicing my opinion.
But I’m just saying, TBH is good for its followers and maybe the haters should move on in life, and not visit such an awful site. Was told by TBH admin, just now, they are still trying to get it up and running. And hope to be back soon.

Same here sasqy, it's back up and logged in!
Posted By: hunter1st

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/14/23 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by sasqy 1302

Same here sasqy, it's back up and logged in!

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/14/23 12:51 PM

Yep, working for me as well. Different looking for sure. Haven’t found classifieds yet.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/14/23 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

I`ve sold several things on the TBHF classifieds without issue. Those people over there have deep pockets. Could never sell the same items here. confused2 confused2 confused2

I should restate

I have too sold a lot on TBHF classifieds BUT, what I don't like is every item for sale no matter what it is all go in the same section. PITA to find an item. Just a minor nitpik.

Hope they get back up soon.

I do like the Forum.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/14/23 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by claypool
Yep, working for me as well. Different looking for sure. Haven’t found classifieds yet.

You have to be logged in for the classifieds to show up on the list. salute
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/18/23 01:46 AM

I don’t like the new look. It’s a lot slower for me. Hard to navigate it. I find myself not spending nearly the time on it like I used to.
Posted By: WBT

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/18/23 02:14 AM

The new website is terrible and borderline unusable.
Posted By: jayb

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/19/23 02:13 PM

Yeah I agree. I'm not liking the new format either

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/19/23 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by WBT
The new website is terrible and borderline unusable.

Agree. I liked it better before.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/19/23 02:49 PM

It’s definitely slower.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/19/23 08:24 PM

Def. a challenge to navigate. Slow as molasses, hard to get used to, now it’s down again !
Hope they get it ironed out. Still grateful, just complaining a little.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/20/23 03:26 AM

I’m only on there a time or two a year when I’m bored. I may of used it more but I hate the way it’s laid out.
For me I’m into deer hunting, a little general hunting info, hunting gear/weapons, hunting land, photos and a little off topic stuff, so on THF I jump around from section to section to see what’s new. When I go there it’s game management section or that catch all section. Not having the various sections/categories like on here makes it unusable to me. I’m not on enough to know the people or the content value but it’s just too hard to find that out with the format/layout. If it’s worse now then I can’t imagine.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/20/23 12:08 PM

I have been looking for a reason not to use that site anymore and now I have one.
Posted By: batman

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/20/23 10:26 PM

I really liked the prior version, but the new may lead to much less traffic.
Posted By: bigfootwolff

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 06/22/23 12:08 PM

I hate to say it, but I find myself spending more time on THF now than ever before. When TBH went down for 4 days due to the conversion to the new format, I started coming to THF, although I have been a THF member for years, I only came here occasionally. The new format is taking me some time to get used to, like anything else that is new, but the site is painfully slow at times, and there are still some kinks to be worked out. I know the Admins are working to correct those issues, and I know the site offers free content, just like THF, but to be honest I find myself enjoying THF ove TBH, at least for the time being. Not wanting to sound negative, but just being honest. TBH is and has been a great site with some great members, but I think the new site has a way to go until it is fully debugged.

Posted By: Texas452

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/06/23 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Originally Posted by Sniper John

Yes sir I completely agree, I sure miss the days of going deer hunting as a kid and never knowing anything about a trail camera, compound bow, carbon arrows, heated blinds, remote controlled deer feeders and being thrilled to kill a 4 point any way I could. Now that I’m older some of those things are kinda nice though lol but I’d definitely prefer to go back to the old school ways. It seemed to be more enjoyable and laid back. These days hunting is an extreme sport with the winner measured by inches,

And when someone went hunting you wouldn’t know if they got anything until they got back.
Now we know within a few minutes along with a picture.
Hunting was a lot funner back then, maybe because I was younger.
Posted By: walker1983

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/06/23 03:48 PM

I have been a TBH member since 2007.

The new format disabled the tapatalk plug in, (frustrating since I mostly scrolled on my phone), and the web version hardly loads. Everyone who posts that the "new site sucks" gets immediately jumped on.

Yes these are free sites, but so is FB, Insta, etc. - The web traffic on these sites creates value for advertisers - so it is certainly important to these forums to keep their viewership up.

IMO, TBH is going to take a huge hit if they can't fix their platform - and quickly. May already be too late.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/06/23 09:38 PM

yeah ask 2cool forum how this worked out for them - literally lost the majority of their members.

TBH is heading the same direction IMO - someone did a poll asking who liked or did not like the new format - 96% voted disliked - not good

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/06/23 11:23 PM

I haven’t been back on since the new format.

I don’t care for it enough that I won’t use it

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/06/23 11:50 PM

there is an old saying to still holds true today "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/09/23 03:51 PM

Its tough for me to navigate through now. Cant get subscribed threads, mostly from classifieds to open in my so called subscribed threads list. Still can't post pics without using tappy talk, which is no longer available. Plus it seems like using dial up its so slow. I am sure they will fix it at some point.

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/09/23 09:13 PM

It is SLOW

hate it when the classified items are all lumped together

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/09/23 09:33 PM

yeah now the forum that spun off of 2cool (DosFrios) is having all kind of issues as we speak - threads will not open, etc. - I hope THF stays "as is"
Posted By: brushcountryhunter

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/28/23 08:26 PM

Was a long time TBH member and came over here after they updated. I use it for classifieds only now. Can't stand browsing through everything now.
Posted By: bigfootwolff

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/30/23 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by brushcountryhunter
Was a long time TBH member and came over here after they updated. I use it for classifieds only now. Can't stand browsing through everything now.

Same here, I used to check TBH several times a day, but after the conversion to the new format, I now check it maybe once every 2-3 days at most, and mainly just the classified section. The lack of fresh threads and content tells me I am not alone. I know the content is free, and that the Admins are teying to get things fixed, but there are several features that worked well with the old site that are not working well now. The search function is just one of them. I don't want to be overly critical, especially on TBH itself, because I know the Admins are aware of the issues, but I think there are so many they just have to focus on a few at a time. I have high speed internet, and often times it takes 30 plus seconds to load a single page, or I just get a timed out message with a white screen. Just like with anything, when people have choices, they will tend to gravitate toward a product/service that best meets their needs/wants. I have landed here, and also now frequent a few other outdoor related sites. I sure hope TBH is able to pull it together and avoid the death spiral.
Posted By: ColinR

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 07/31/23 01:29 PM

Add me to the list that is moving over here from TBH. I was a regular over there and a member since 2010. I hate that the new site is so awful but it is. I really enjoyed the site and the guys on it. It truly was a brotherhood and several times had people I have never met help me out. I had forgotten I was even a member here until I tried to sign up and it said my username was already established.

Guess I will hang out over here and see how it is, at least until they get TBH fixed, if they ever do.
Posted By: JP4065

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 09/14/23 12:41 AM

Is TexasBowHunter forum still active? I tried to go over on there to look at their classifieds but never could access it.
Posted By: batman

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 09/14/23 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by JP4065
Is TexasBowHunter forum still active? I tried to go over on there to look at their classifieds but never could access it.

It’s having issues similar to this forum. But, it’s improving. And, be sure you’re logged in to see the classifieds.
Posted By: Anythinghunter1

Re: Texasbowhunter.com hacked? - 09/15/23 12:04 AM

i dont even know how to post on there every time i do its says i need to upload a photo
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum