Texas Hunting Forum

Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas)

Posted By: JRfromTexas

Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/20/22 01:34 PM

Howdy everyone, Love the Forum..

I’m new here and looking for any advice you might be able to share. I am actively shopping for hunting and recreational land in the Northeast Texas area (Red River County right now). Mainly on the outskirts of the Detroit/Clarksdale area near Bagwell/Dimple/Negley. I’m not a trophy hunter, I mainly kill hogs and an occasional deer for the freezer. I’ll be building a cabin and may possibly move there once I retire in roughly ten years. Targeting somewhere between 15-40 acres. If you would share any insight about this area, potential places I should scout, and websites or other leads I would greatly appreciate it.

JR
Posted By: Stub

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/20/22 02:58 PM

No inside scoop on that area but here is a great link to find property.

https://www.landsoftexas.com/

Posted By: jdickey

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/20/22 03:27 PM

Lands of Texas is a very good link, you can either subscribe or just check daily listings!
But be prepared to pay "trophy" prices for any land for sale now!
Just like the housing market, land prices have shot thru the roof!
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/20/22 05:36 PM

Welcome to our forum. welcome
Here are a few:
https://www.landsoftexas.com/Red-River-County-TX/all-land/15-50-acres/
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/20/22 05:43 PM

Send a note to Ol Thumper.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/20/22 07:32 PM

Just make sure it's not in the watershed for Marvin Nichols Reservoir - not sure if it will ever get built - but if it did it would suck if your land was smack dab in the middle of it.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/21/22 10:42 AM

I was in your shoes 40 years ago. Finally, I started calling realtors within 100 miles of my home in D/FW. One took me seriously; only one.

I still have that property.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/21/22 08:12 PM

Instead of screwing everything else up to pipe more water to Dallas, maybe they ought to just put a damn cap on the influx of residents!

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/21/22 08:12 PM

Texas is full! Especially Dallas.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/22/22 12:26 AM

I think NE Texas is the prettiest part of the state

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/27/22 04:34 AM

Would be a crying shame to mess it up to make life easier for everyone in the big city. Between Lake Ray Hubbard. Lake Lavon, and Joe Pool I can’t imagine they need more water. Should invest the money in better means of purification and restrict water usage, instead of messing up God’s creation in East Texas. I know people that spend upwards of $40k on their lawn annually. Its your money and your free to use it as you please buy I think it’s just absurd that they would even consider doing this when there are so many folks in the big city that pay no mind to summertime water usage. I could go on forever
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/27/22 04:41 AM

NE Tx has gone to crap… My grandfathers home stead is under Bois d’ arc lake and with the Ralph Hall lake going currently and the one in RR county will be built, it’s just a matter of time. I’d be looking for SE Oklahoma myself, we will end up completely up thr or in Florida before to long. This country’s filling up way to fast,,,,,
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Looking to buy Hunting/Recreational Land in Red River County (NE Texas) - 04/27/22 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cochise
Just make sure it's not in the watershed for Marvin Nichols Reservoir - not sure if it will ever get built - but if it did it would suck if your land was smack dab in the middle of it.

Cochise, MARVIN NICHOLS will be built!! It is already permitted ( approved) just a matter of time. It is one of two lakes in the state of Texas that are permitted.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum