Texas Hunting Forum

Are high fence hunting ranches profitable?

Posted By: TxsDirtDad

Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 05:20 PM

I’ve considered developing a high fence exotic hunting facility in Central TX.

I think there is increasing demand for more hunting opportunities closer to Houston/Austin/Dallas but I’m a numbers guy so I’ve looked at a few other smaller facilities from 100-500 acres and I can’t really see where the potential profit is sufficient to offset the capital cost over time or the operating cost today

I haven’t been able to find much information out there on developing or running wildlife Hunting businesses but figured there has to be resources and/or consultants who might have a better idea of the true costs, expenses and potential business revenue from this type of hunting property.

For everything I’ve seen, the typical operations look to be either part of a larger ranching or breeding business or a tax write off for wealthy oil men, of which I’m neither. If it’s one of those “best way to make a million dollars, start with five million dollars” businesses, I’d like to find out sooner than later.

Would truly appreciate any insight from those in the know.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 05:28 PM

Can be if you have the client base, or business connections. It’s competitive though. With that said end of the day you are just trying to beat cattle grazing & hunting lease returns
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 05:34 PM

welcome It can be profitable if you own the land. But what you have to look at is the long term. Can you survive by raising enough animals to shoot on a smaller place? Not really. That means you have to buy them (at an expense on top of the rest) to stock your ranch with to then hunt. Put and take operation. Someone else foots the expense and time to raise them, you then have to buy them at their price. Then keep them or raise them till you can hunt them. Unless you go with a couple of specific high end species then buying is cheaper than raising them. If you raise them you know have a chance to make more money long term but you have to raise them to a mature age. Then another issue comes into to play is numbers. You can hunt males of all species but they have to get a mature age to be a high dollar trophy class animal. So you now have a lot of males on the land....but only will shoot a few each year. Expense is in raising all of them to a mature age. The other issue is now females come into play. If you have 20 young per year 10 will be males and 10 will be females. You have to do something with excess females. For example if you pay $1000 for females but can only shoot them for $500 then you are loosing money to raise them and then remove them. If you can catch them to resell as breeders to another ranch then it may work. The expense is then in catching them and selling them. If you have enough good habitat to support a breeding group of animals then feed will not figure into the expense...but if you have to feed then it will make it less profitable...unless you are raising and hunting high end exotics. This is not taking into account other expenses...fence, road, taxes, feeders, blinds, fuel, maintenance, advertising, death losses, etc.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 06:27 PM

Thanks! I probably should qualify my question with “if you already had suitable land”. I see no way hay, cattle or hunting could support the expense of buying that much land purely for a hunting facility today.

I’m just wondering after the costs and expenses of high fencing, improvements, equipment, feed, livestock purchase, vet, transportation, labor and management, would you potentially have a profitable cash flowing business or just struggle to break even with a nice place to hunt?

As I tell my wife, just because they’re in business doesn’t mean they’re making a profit. 🤣
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 06:30 PM

Unless you already own property and have it paid for (or mostly so) I'd find another way to invest your money. 'Partners' would offset the cost to you....but also any profit potential and creates a whole host of legal concerns.

Typically, high fenced operations (these days) are owned by folks that already have money and made it other ways. The exception being very small properties offering basically 'canned hunts'.
Posted By: Erich

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 06:43 PM

there's no agricultural related activity these days that supports/justifies the cost of the land. You would have to take it from the viewpoint that buying the land is a stable/growing equity investment and then whatever you're doing on it whether it AG of some kind or wildlife is a tax shelter on that investment that can provide some rate of return. With regular leasing for ag/hunting or both i'd think you've got pretty low cost because you're just making the land available the the lessee is basically taking care of their own needs. With a trophy hunting operation....i would think it would need to be much more hands on because you would not be successful in letting potential lessee's/clients make their own trophy harvest decisions. They'd shoot whatever. that means though you'd have a lot more cost in providing guides/lodging/as a package hunt operation you'd be providing all blinds and feed. your cost goes way up.

as with a lot of things, you'd need to have a lot of money to start with and you'd have to really like what you were doing. i don't see that it would be the case that you could do it only because it really made financial sense.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 09:13 PM

I have often times wondered the same thing as the OP. The "How" is the question.

My answer seems to lie in the "you have to already be rich or own a lot of land" to make it worthwhile.

I think one of the reasons the HF ranching business grew up in Texas is largely becasue a lot of people got really rich with oil and gas money in south texas and west texas. Without those checks that were coming in, the costs to high fence and do infrastructure work are largely not paid for, and the operation as a whole is not profitable. But, you add some oil and gas money into the mix and those expenses are tax deductions for those land owners and these things can become money makers.

The business is growing outside of texas for sure, I don't want to sound like it is all simply because of O&G money, but the huge boom I believe was from that. There will be uber rich people who need some way to offset some of their money in a stable "tax shelter" if you will, and land and hunting operations are those. But those people became a dime a dozen overnight in Texas and thus the rise of the HF trophy ranch with it.

Would be interesting to see how many HF owners have received a chunk of money from O&G leases/production/etc...
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 09:24 PM

All the guys I know with them got rich from oil. They don't sell hunts though. Nor will they or their next generation ever have to. I can see old existing HF being profitable but not if you have to buy land and develop it.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 09:32 PM

The short answer is “no” for hunting only. Breeding operations can be, but the whole captive cervid industry is on a pretty steep decline.

Leasing for ag and/or hunting won’t bring in much income, but there’s no cost overhead, time investment or chance of loss involved either.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 09:42 PM

Most of 'em owners will talk about legitimizing their operations by talking about the need to sell hunts in order to pay for feed.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 09:43 PM

and just wait until you go pick up some high roller at the airport and figure out you don't want to be with them before you even get on to the ranch.

I could go on.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 09:50 PM

Where your HF ranch is located also has a lot to do with whether or not it becomes profitable. I know a man that is selling his HF ranch near the border right now because he's tired of dealing with the losses the damn fence cutting illegals are costing him. He's invested boo coo money on exotics and has lost a bunch of them, especially now under Brandon's border policy.
Posted By: don k

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 10:01 PM

I think STXranchman said it right. The only thing I believe him and others left out is the competition. There are a lot of hunting ranches out there. It is a very competitive industry. Starting from scratch would take either having some world class animals or being very reasonable. Even then you better have enough money to go quite a few years before even breaking even. I raise Nubian Ibex. I own the land and do not have any employees. There is still not enough money generated to say I could make a living from just doing it.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Most of 'em owners will talk about legitimizing their operations by talking about the need to sell hunts in order to pay for feed.

Most ranchers and farmers just tell you they are forever in a drought too…..or have to use plywood for utv roof

I have a buddy that’s expanded acreage three times, it’s not cost share, straight business. He doing well off it and doesn’t sell many hunts just raises high end exotic’s, traps and takes to sale.

Think it’s like any other business diversification tool, some investments you are good with 5% return others it better be 20% due to risk, but nonetheless, you didn’t get to be a landowner or pay for that fence via having a losing businesses
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Most ranchers and farmers just tell you they are forever in a drought too…..or have to use plywood for utv roof

I have a buddy that’s expanded acreage three times, it’s not cost share, straight business. He doing well off it and doesn’t sell many hunts just raises high end exotic’s, traps and takes to sale.

Think it’s like any other business diversification tool, some investments you are good with 5% return others it better be 20% due to risk, but nonetheless, you didn’t get to be a landowner or pay for that fence via having a losing businesses

'Hangin' around with too many square heads. By the way, my ranch is in a drought. For real. (And I have just enough German in me that I can say that and mean it.)
Posted By: tlk

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 10:56 PM

A few years back wife and I bought 600 acres and lived there. I killed all of the native deer and then HFenced the place (that is not cheap). I started over with 3 young breeder bucks and 3 bred does. Also put in exotics. My goal was not to commercially hunt it but rather for my family and friends to use and hunt. I leased out the grass rights for a little income. We eventually sold the place 5 years later for double what we paid for it. So in our case it ended up being a fun project and we made our money off of the equity increase in the property. In general I agree with what most have said here - it would be a tough go trying to create a profitable business out of it unless you had a large place and enough cash to invest up front

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

'Hangin' around with too many square heads. By the way, my ranch is in a drought. For real. (And I have just enough German in me that I can say that and mean it.)

Ya we went from a crazy green summer to rough fall. Starting to see wheat burn.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 11:00 PM

There's an old saying in the land business and is sort of a carryover from the oil & gas business..... GO BIG OR GO HOME! Years ago, I met a guy in Odessa by the name of Frosty Gilliam, who became a bigtime petroleum billionaire; so much so, he has a building named for him on the TAMU campus.

His primary copany is AGHORN OIL & GAS, INC, base in Odessa, TX. One of his spinoff companies is a land acquisition company that buys ranches and farms and converts them to a high fence operation. About 5 years ago, his land company bought 12 ranches along Hwy 573 in Comanche, TX; they were all adjoining ranches. They were also across the road from our lease at that time, so we watched for a little over a year as it unfolded into a gigantic ranch for whitetail deer, elk, and an assortment of exotics.

Seeing this evolution, one can only think that it will be at least a decade for this size operation will be able to break even, much less become profitable. Consequently, it is very obvious this operation will appear as strictly a tax write off somewhere in that oil company operation s balance sheet.

So, with all this in mind, can the average hairy-legged guy, or gal, be able to survive in the high fence world as a start up business?

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/22/21 11:34 PM

I like the name "Frosty". It says so much. up
Posted By: Erny

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 12:18 AM

I have given this some thought. I don’t see how with the current prices of land it could possibly be profitable. Not to mention the amount of man hours that would have to be put in.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 12:50 AM

Wow..the feedback is excellent and gives me a much better picture. Thank you all!

It’s been hard to lose money buying and holding Ag exempt acreage in TX over the past 30 years. But when you start pouring big money into Class A improvements and high fencing, I think it would get much easier fast. Here’s my take away from the feedback.

1. If you’re a multi-millionaire and are willing to throw some big bucks at the project, have fun and don’t worry about profit, you’ve got plenty of money already!

2. If you already own the land, you can start your own operation but you’ll be competing against folks with much more land and money who aren’t worried about the actual bottom line profit. Cant compete with that on pricing, so just enjoy your private hunting oasis and sell a few hunts a year to pay for some of your expenses.

3. If you’re going to start from scratch, buy land in a location desirable for future residential subdivision development then wait.

Honestly, it explains why those places charge what they do to hunt exotics. In reality, they probably have ten grand wrapped up in that $3,500 axis! Much more profitable to just go pay to hunt on their money losing enterprise than build one yourself.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 02:24 AM

I think the best way to make a dollar is exotics

I know 2 guys in the whitetail game and both have about called it quits
Posted By: kry226

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 02:37 PM

Excellent discussion, gents. up
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 03:35 PM

No one is making money off hunting. Offset some of the cost to be a landowner, but probably not even paying the taxes, lol.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 03:58 PM

A lot of HF operations were started back in the 90's. Many were done without O&G monies by the landowners. Fencing and labor was much cheaper. Feed was much cheaper. Ranches could HF and recoop the money from hunting income. I know a several ranches that the landowners had not other business income. Some owned the land some bought or added to their land. Several of these ranches sole source of income was the cattle, farming and hunting income. Two ranches I know made there living off their land(no outside income). One bought his land and HF. He started managing his deer herd and selling hunts. He also became a deer breeder for the extra income. He sold breeder deer to other ranches and only time I remember, he turned out some bucks on his ranch to shoot that season. The rest of the time he sold deer to other breeders or ranches. He made ends meet the first few years by guiding for outfitters or other ranches. He added an exotic to the ranch to allow more income from live sale and hunting. He also did turkey hunts in the spring and leased quail hunting to one gentleman. He did this for about 20 yrs till he finally sold out and retired.
The other ranch owner had one property he lived and ranched cattle on. It had a small farming operation that he put into CRP. He then bought a second ranch about the same size as his personal ranch. Both were HF and setup to feed and manage the deer herd. Hunting operation was started and every deer shot was paid for by a hunter...doe, cull, management or trophy. He did spring turkey hunts and then quail hunts later on. He had two sons that helped out and one worked for the ranching and hunting operation. He then leased a ranch next to one of his and started a hunting operation on it. Same as his other 2. Many years later he added another lease ranch to his hunting operation. After a few years and age catching up to him, he downsized to hunting his two ranches he owned.....deer, dove quail and turkey. Still doing it today.
At todays land prices, it would be difficult to replicate these two examples. If you owned the land it would be easier. Fencing, feed, equipment, insurance, etc have all escalated in price while the hunting prices have increased, they have not gone up at the same rate as the rest of the expenses have.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 04:23 PM

The majority of hunting outfitters I know do not hunt their own land. They have deals with landowners and hunt those places. Myself and a friend did this full time for a few years back in the late 70's. We had deals with different landowners. Some for just WT and others that had both WT and exotics. Some had only one type of exotic. We hunted a place like that in Rocksprings that only had Blackbuck. Others like the Flying A in Bandera had numerous species. The Flying A also did their own hunting plus any outfitter that wanted could hunt there. It was owned by a very well off oil man that lived mostly in Houston. And like ranchman said at todays land prices I really don't see how a person could start from scratch and make a go of it. Unless making a profit was not the aim of it.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 04:37 PM

One thing to consider when considering a HF hunting operation is the property taxes and such become higher. The state may not give AG exemption for the whole property, even if you are running some cattle on some of it, if you are using it in a commercial hunting operation. That is a significant price to pay for land and would possibly take several hunts just to pay that price tag every year. I do not know the ins and outs of that issue, and it may not be an issue at all, just saying it is something else to consider.

Some good bits of wisdom from this thread. Almost a classic example of "if you are rich..." and that term "rich" is so very subjective....

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
One thing to consider when considering a HF hunting operation is the property taxes and such become higher. The state may not give AG exemption for the whole property, even if you are running some cattle on some of it, if you are using it in a commercial hunting operation. That is a significant price to pay for land and would possibly take several hunts just to pay that price tag every year. I do not know the ins and outs of that issue, and it may not be an issue at all, just saying it is something else to consider.

Some good bits of wisdom from this thread. Almost a classic example of "if you are rich..." and that term "rich" is so very subjective....

Please explain this red part to me. Never seen this or heard of it either.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman

Neither have I.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 04:55 PM

I should not have said higher, I should have said they might lose their ag exemption, so they become effectively higher than what was paid before.

I do not know if that is the case for most HF people as they use their places for cattle and have ag exemptions, but for someplace that runs strictly a hunting operation and has no true ag exemption, they may be SOL. I do not believe that the wildlife exemption in texas can be used if the place is being used as a commercial hunting operation. I may be wrong.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by don k

Neither have I.

This is inaccurate.

State gives you the option to convert to wildlife exemption, or in the case of exotics, exotics are counted as livestock and falls under Ag.

Just because you are running a hunting operation doesent mean it disqualified the property from a Ag or Wildlife exemption

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 05:06 PM

I should not have said higher, I should have said they might lose their ag exemption, so they become effectively higher than what was paid before.

I do not know if that is the case for most HF people as they use their places for cattle and have ag exemptions, but for someplace that runs strictly a hunting operation and has no true ag exemption, they may be SOL. I do not believe that the wildlife exemption in texas can be used if the place is being used as a commercial hunting operation. I may be wrong.

It can and does. If a cattle operation does not run cattle for a period of time they can loose their exemption also. No matter if it is farming, cattle, wildlife, etc you have a set of guidelines to follow to stay qualified. Loose that qualification and taxes will go up no matter what type of operation is on the land. Wildlife exemption has guidelines which must be followed, it does not matter what the operation is. The guidelines are the same, follow them and you get the exemption. That is why those with wildlife exemptions keep records of everything that is done on the land. That documentation is then turned over the county CAD office as proof for the exemption every year. Some counties have strict guidelines and some are a bit more lenient...they still have the same guidelines just not as strict on the amount to qualify. The taxes to the county are the same on Ag use vs. Wildlife Exemption. The recreational use is where the taxes escalate.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 05:13 PM

As I mentioned in both posts, I may be wrong, it was just something that popped in my head as a consideration for anyone wanting to start out as a commercial hunting operation. I know Texas Property tax law is slightly weird and very strict. I am not even a novice on it at all, certainly didn't want to sound like an expert.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 05:22 PM

Just look at the number of high fence operations that end up on the Foreclosure lists. That should answer your question.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by HornSlayer
Just look at the number of high fence operations that end up on the Foreclosure lists. That should answer your question.

In 14 years of Selling Ranches I can't remember 1 hunting operation that ended up on the "foreclosure list"

Alot don't make much money ( if any at all ) after its all said and done, but that really isn't the point, the investment is in the land.

Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 11:04 PM

A lot of good info , thanks for sharing all
Posted By: 3kcattle

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/23/21 11:27 PM

Man, a good read, but y’all are hard! My place is in a drought, my grain is burning up, and I have plywood for my Mule roof. None of it works, HF, LF, whitetail, exotics, or cattle, if it won’t rain.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/24/21 06:12 AM

That’s an interesting point.

If you take Ag exempt land and change the use of part of it into a new shopping center, you’re subject to roll back taxes for several past years at what the non-exempt assessment would be on that portion where you changed the use. Ouch! there’s a several thousand percent tax increase on back taxes owed. Checking with your own County CAD to see if they’d ever consider disallowing your AG or Wildlife Management exemption, because you combined it with commercial game business use, is probably a very good idea.

I’ve read the TX law on Wildlife Management exemptions and beyond the 7 landowner approved actions, it is pretty darn vague in the actual details. I believe it also gives each county Chief Appraiser power to make the ultimate determinations on individual exemptions (how could that ever turn out bad?).

It is true each county can be very different in their scrutiny. I know of one county that requires an updated management plan yearly with on site inspection every three. An adjoining county just wants a copy of your plan on file and they’re good to go.

I think the safest approach here is don’t ever assume anything with government, take cookies or donuts when you ask the county staff complex questions, and have them acknowledge their advice in writing.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/24/21 11:32 AM

The ladies at the two counties (only 11 ac. in one) the ranch is in have all been very easy going regarding my wildlife valuation. One only wants a report every 2 years, the other every 3. I'm gonna go by each CAD office in Feb./Mar. and make sure of what and the way they want a report. I can flood them with info and pictures, but don't want to go to the effort for naught. And, I also don't want to "poke the bear", want to "let sleeping dogs lie", etc., etc. It's a fine line with county govt. folks.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/26/21 12:30 AM

“Plywood for a utv roof”, sound idea. Maybe even a good idea for a Christmas gift.

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 12/26/21 12:32 AM

Easy, easy . . . .
Posted By: Exiled

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 01/05/22 11:00 PM

Great discussion, folks! I think there's also a strong "land improvement" approach to these operations. Buy a 2K acre ranch that's been mostly used for cattle, high-fence it, invest in good facilities, habitat, water and some exotics, feed protein and improve the native WT herd. Over time, the value of that property is likely to increase disproportionately, and there are a LOT of tax advantages there. Sure, it requires a big investment, but it absolutely can pay off. My friend's uncle started doing this in the 80s, with a small property at first. Over the years he's sold and bought bigger ranches, continued to invest in improving them, and ended up retiring after selling his biggest one. He's got some great stories and did a LOT of hunting along the way. Not for everyone and I'm sure he could have done it faster investing in Apple stock back in the 80s, but he's a rancher and loves the land.

Also, depending on how well managed the property is (for habitat, carrying capacity, feed, hunting quotas, etc), it can yield profits over time.
Posted By: COFF (TFF)

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 01/05/22 11:25 PM

One other thing to think about is what sort of customers you intend to have, and what their expectations will be. IMO, the guy willing and able to pay $3500+ to shoot an exotic animal is probably going to come with a group, and they are not likely willing to sleep in a shack and eat beans and potted meat. So add the cost of a nice housing facility able to accommodate a group of about 8 or maybe more.

Then figure out how many $3500 hunts you would have to sell to break even. If that number is 10, then how big of a herd would you have to build up to be able to take out 10 bucks a year? And how many animals can your acreage support before you have to start supplementing the feed?

There are definitely commercial hunting outfits that are profitable. But it will take a tremendous amount of capital to get the facility where it would need to be.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 01/05/22 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by COFF (TFF)
One other thing to think about is what sort of customers you intend to have, and what their expectations will be. IMO, the guy willing and able to pay $3500+ to shoot an exotic animal is probably going to come with a group, and they are not likely willing to sleep in a shack and eat beans and potted meat. So add the cost of a nice housing facility able to accommodate a group of about 8 or maybe more.

Then figure out how many $3500 hunts you would have to sell to break even. If that number is 10, then how big of a herd would you have to build up to be able to take out 10 bucks a year? And how many animals can your acreage support before you have to start supplementing the feed?

There are definitely commercial hunting outfits that are profitable. But it will take a tremendous amount of capital to get the facility where it would need to be.

Good info
Posted By: therancher

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 01/06/22 12:41 AM

I don’t have O&G money and I currently have two HF ranches totaling north of 2500 acres. Accumulated the land by flipping. Tax benefits are incredible (especially depreciating HF etc thst came with the place). Money is in exotics now. Cow kudu going for 35,000 plus, sable cows going for 45k +. Addax jumping to 8000 lately. Blesbok 9000 for females. When you’re selling trophies you have to wait several years to mature, the cows are worth their most at yearlings.

Hard to buy in at those prices but the payoff is huge if they drop girl calves. I don’t have to worm since my animals aren’t crowded. And feed costs are high because i feed protein for WT. i sell most of my exotics live and avoid the deer species since there is no trophy value in deer species females. Im making a pretty good living and I still owe some on both ranches. But i started slow and cheap.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Are high fence hunting ranches profitable? - 01/06/22 08:01 PM

stir things up a bit...

Whin a land owner say 300acres or so
tis HF in bye surronding land owners.
confused2 does that affect him/her
in any way ?
Maybe should have its own topic...
Just currious...
flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum