Texas Hunting Forum

Rifles and golf clubs

Posted By: Texas Dan

Rifles and golf clubs - 10/15/21 01:49 PM

Had lunch recently with a landowner who had no experience whatsoever with hunters or hunting. He said he was surprised at the actions of a friend who had taken up the sport. I told him that my experience had shown that nothing can change the demeanor of a man any more than him holding a golf club or a rifle. It's amazing how either of these two items can make the easiest-going person in the world, quickly become as aggressive and competitive as a strutting rooster.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/15/21 03:03 PM

wtf
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/15/21 03:16 PM

You are running with the wrong crowd if hunting is a competition.
Posted By: JCO

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/15/21 03:40 PM

I’ve seen just as many become intimidated as aggressive. Both will quickly separate the skilled from the non skilled.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/15/21 03:48 PM

You wanna really get to know a person, go hunt with them. Their true colors come out
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/16/21 01:14 PM

stir
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/16/21 01:45 PM

Y’all must hunt and golf with a different crowd than me. My friends and I golf and hunt together because those are activities we can do while drinking beer.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/16/21 01:51 PM

It's amazing how either of these two items can make the easiest-going person in the world, quickly become as aggressive and competitive as a strutting rooster.

Dan have you ever strived to be good at anything other than drawing attention to yourself. Have you paid any attention to the Anthropology of the human species? Have you paid attention to any species? The survival of any species depends on it's ability to compete against others within it's own species and other species. It's in the DNA and obviously some seem to have more than others. The reason for the competitiveness is it's rewards.

A good hunter who tries harder and gains experience eats' better.
A golfer who tries harder, makes more money.
A poker player who tries harder, learns the game is rewarded for it.

This principle applies to just about everything we do in life.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/16/21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by scalebuster
Y’all must hunt and golf with a different crowd than me. My friends and I golf and hunt together because those are activities we can do while drinking beer.

Dan's comment sounds like one coming from a person who's idea in life is to do as little as possible and just get by or let's just call it "Last Place". These are the same folks who will look at you and say "It's just a game"'
Posted By: P_102

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/16/21 07:13 PM

I’m wondering how a ‘landowner’ can NOT have any experience with hunters unless his property is too small to hunt.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/16/21 08:24 PM

More nonsense. dunce

Hundreds of people shooting at my range over the years. I can't recall a single person being aggressive. Actually most of them need some coaching for them to be more comfortable, and a better shooter with their rifle.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/16/21 11:00 PM

When ol trashcan posts garbage like this he is really talking about himself.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Rifles and golf clubs - 10/17/21 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by scalebuster

Yep…I steer clear of knuckleheads in both areas. I’m there for a good time & mindless entertainment.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum