Texas Hunting Forum

Recognize this Shell Pouch/Game Bag?

Posted By: Cass

Recognize this Shell Pouch/Game Bag? - 10/07/21 02:14 AM

Do any of you recognize this shell pouch/game bag? I bought it at Oshman's many years ago, but it doesn't have a manufacturers name on it.

The pouches are sewn integral to the belt, so they conform to the hips and don't move around like the belts with separate pockets. It's cordura nylon with vinyl lining inside the pouches.

I remember thinking at the time that it was over priced (just over $10, ha!), but it's been indestructible. I would like to find another one like it, but haven't found one built the same.

Thanks,
Cass

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: maximum

Re: Recognize this Shell Pouch/Game Bag? - 10/07/21 02:38 AM

I have one except camouflage that I added shoulder straps to.
There's no longer any label on it unfortunately, except for the
DO NOT TUMBLE DRY/DO NOT BLEACH label inside one of
the pockets
The dadgum thing has lasted forever plus four days

I'm almost sure it said Field line on a tag at one time
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Recognize this Shell Pouch/Game Bag? - 10/07/21 02:58 AM

Yup, recognize it. Those are too good to still be made in this throw away age we live in.
Posted By: cleboje

Re: Recognize this Shell Pouch/Game Bag? - 10/08/21 04:04 PM

I have a similar build with the Filson Bird-Belt, but it has a leather belt with the shell pouches and lined bird pouch sewn to the belt...cost was much higher than 10$ though...
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Recognize this Shell Pouch/Game Bag? - 10/08/21 05:46 PM

if they are good and last, they quit making
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Recognize this Shell Pouch/Game Bag? - 10/08/21 07:09 PM

Walls (the coveralls people) made a line exactly like that. In the early 80's my then girlfriend worked at the Walls plant in Gatesville and I had her snag me several to give away to my buddies at Christmas. I still see them around today getting used almost 40 years later.
Posted By: Cass

Re: Recognize this Shell Pouch/Game Bag? - 10/08/21 10:24 PM

Thanks for the leads! I think you’re right, they made them cheaper and easier to make over the years. I found a Fieldline picture where the material and the game bag on the back look almost identical, it just has a separate belt. Same with the Walls.

I might talk to a lady I know that does some amazing sewing. She might be able to replicate the one I have. Not sure she can do the heavier cordura nylon material though. I’d like to have some in various camo patterns.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum